GDT: Russia vs Slovakia

HeartAttack

Feb 16, 2018
Let´s surprise the big favorite as we have done several times. It´s the right time for Hudacek to show his critics what he is capable of, as well.

2:1 SVK

comrades have much better team so i cant see any alternative reality where Slovakia wins :(

and hudacek is rebound machine so lets hope we see another goalie

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
Slovakia out:
D Grman
D Nemec
F Fasko-Rudas
F Slafkovsky

Slovakia in:
D Ivan
D Bucko
F Holesinsky
F Kelemen

The kids are getting a rest vs Russia.

Slovak lineup:

Hudáček (Húska)

Rosandič, Gernát
Ďaloga, Bučko
Ivan, Gachulinec
Jánošík, Kňažko

Lantoši, Hrivík, Cehlárik
Pospíšil, Krištof, Holešinský
Kelemen, Roman, Studenič
Liška, Sukeľ, Skalický.

stastny12

Dec 26, 2018
Trencin, Slovakia
comrades have much better team so i cant see any alternative reality where Slovakia wins :(

and hudacek is rebound machine so lets hope we see another goalie
We could beat them in the opening game of the Olympics 2018 with much weaker roster, while the Russia had a better team than they have now. So I guess that alternative reality is not necessary, after all.

Yes, indeed. Russia is huuuuge favorite of this game, but everything could happen in the tournament like this one.

Reactions: Czechboy

HeartAttack

Feb 16, 2018
We could beat them in the opening game of the Olympics 2018 with much weaker roster, while the Russia had a better team than they have now. So I guess that alternative reality is not necessary, after all.

Yes, indeed. Russia is huuuuge favorite of this game, but everything could happen in the tournament like this one.

i had to google that roster and you are fooling yourself if you consider roster from 2018 much weaker, but i agree comrades should have won with their roster, but first game in tournament and Slovaks got lucky
now they are 2 games in tourney, history wont repeat

stastny12

Dec 26, 2018
Trencin, Slovakia
Nemec and Slafkovsky scratched today. Skalicky moves to 4th line and Holesinky to 2nd. Kelemen replaces Fasko-Rudas

Edit: tobu is faster :D
In general, third and fourth line look very energetic and could case the Russians some problems. I especially like Kelemen in the third. He knows how to be "pain in the ass" for an opponent, in a positive way. With Skalicky in the fourth, let´s hope we´ll see old good Liska, as well.

mirec04

Sep 3, 2018
Slovakia
Our chances would be much higher with Konrad in the net but I would not be angry if I am wrong.

Last edited:

stastny12

Dec 26, 2018
Trencin, Slovakia
i had to google that roster and you are fooling yourself if you consider roster from 2018 much weaker, but i agree comrades should have won with their roster, but first game in tournament and Slovaks got lucky
now they are 2 games in tourney, history wont repeat
You´re probably right, so I´m not going to push my agenda here just to make a fool of myself. Basically, all I wanted to say is that Slovakia is able to surprise top6 and this might be the game. Although, it´s very unlikely.

Jakk123

May 6, 2014
Bratislava
I doubt there will be an upset in this game, our defense is quite mediocre and Hudacek is in the net. I hope they prove me wrong, though. Also, I don't understand why is Nemec scratched, I thought he belonged to the better part of our defense in previous games.

HeartAttack

Feb 16, 2018
You´re probably right, so I´m not going to push my agenda here just to make a fool of myself. Basically, all I wanted to say is that Slovakia is able to surprise top6 and this might be the game. Although, it´s very unlikely.

nope, that wont be this game...im counting with game against Sweden and maybe Czechia

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
I doubt there will be an upset in this game, our defense is quite mediocre and Hudacek is in the net. I hope they prove me wrong, though. Also, I don't understand why is Nemec scratched, I thought he belonged to the better part of our defense in previous games.

Let's consider this just a rest for the youngest players. I expect them to be back in the lineup in a game or two.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Let's consider this just a rest for the youngest players. I expect them to be back in the lineup in a game or two.
I expect this game vs Russia to be quite physical so I understand the rest for the young guys. Nemec also took a couple big hits so an extra day of rest will help.

A Bundy

Mar 3, 2021
Bigger upsets have already happened at this tournament.
Yes. My big belly tells me this is typically the junction where Russia would stumble a bit on their path to the semis. Coming off a close; then an easy win. A bit too early in the morning.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad