Confirmed with Link: Russell Traded to Dallas for Jyrki Jokipakka, Brett Pollock, cond. 2nd round pick

joeyabs

May 15, 2013
SoDoSoPa
Nice return! Hope those conditions for pick are accurate. If we get a first and two decent prospects, that is robbery.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
As I said earlier, Stars fans hate Russell. :laugh:

The main thread on the trade board and the canucks deadline thread will make great reading afterwords.

Anyway, Jokipakka doesn't seem like anything more than a bottom pairing defenceman. Maybe some room for growth but probably unlikely. Good for depth and competition but not a long term top four option.

AgeOfBennett

Dec 1, 2014
BC

The main thread on the trade board and the canucks deadline thread will make great reading afterwords.

Anyway, Jokipakka doesn't seem like anything more than a bottom pairing defenceman. Maybe some room for growth but probably unlikely. Good for depth and competition but not a long term top four option.

You never know, he is still very young

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg

Didn't we all say the same thing about Russell, Brodie, ect.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Awesome return IMO. I think Jokipakka fits and compliments our D core well. And that not including Pollock and the pick.

Now cmon Dallas, land Hamhuis, make er to the Conf. finals!

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Didn't we all say the same thing about Russell, Brodie, ect.

Brodie? Definitely not. Some like Johnny Hoxville thought he had Keith-like potential back when he was just starting out in the AHL. I thought he had top four at least.

As for Russell, seems like the consensus is that he's a low end #4, high end #5.

But it's not like I've seen a lot of Jokipakka, so I could be really off base.

AgeOfBennett

Dec 1, 2014
BC
since Hamilton and Brodano are already offensively minded, Jokipakka in the top four wouldn't be a bad idea (if he can handle the minutes) because he is a big body and a defense first guy. You don't need your whole top 4 to put up amazing offensive numbers.

Kanye

Life of Pablo
Feb 25, 2012
Chicago
Wow we took Dallas to the cleaners.

I'm hopping on the Stars bandwagon come playoff time. Give us that 1st

Taranis

Jul 9, 2013
Nova Scotia
I like the return, a defensemen on a cheap contract who's an rfa afterwards, a prospect who will be in the AHL next year and a 2nd rounder that's could be a first.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
I have a strong feeling I am going to be seeing a lot of green jerseys, t-shirts, hats and car flags around town the next ~4 months or so :laugh:

You probably won't.

Treliving at it again! What a great trade. Trade a #5 dman for a bigger, younger #5/6 dman, a decent prospect and a possible 1st/guaranteed 2nd.

START THE CAR!!! START THE CAR!!!
IKEA-start_the_car300px.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad