Rumor: Rumours & Proposals Thread: "Wasting My Time"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Jeff O’Neill calls the Oilers losers for not getting a goalie lol. I don’t think we’re winners but not losers either. Guy is a clown

I mean honestly Holland deserves grief for this, a lot of his "summer report card" grade was based around the idea that he would be able to get a goalie in-season.

He failed. He deserves to take all the shit the media will throw at him, the Oilers have by far the weakest goaltending tandem of any team trying to make the playoffs.

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
I mean honestly Holland deserves grief for this, a lot of his "summer report card" grade was based around the idea that he would be able to get a goalie in-season.

He failed. He deserves to take all the shit the media will throw at him, the Oilers have by far the weakest goaltending tandem of any team trying to make the playoffs.

Fair. We were told all year in the beginning that a goalie trade likely happens in season.

Here we are. To make matters worse, our second best goalie is in the AHL while good ole Schmiddy is trying to find his game at the age of 40

Reactions: Marty McSurly

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
No idea how this makes sense lol. Didn't they just become sellers?
I assume they didn't pay much or maybe got something to get him. Personally it's a move I wish we did when we had cap space and sucked. Bring some guys on poorer contracts and hope you can boost their value up only to flip them a year later.

PostBradMalone

Mar 19, 2022
Why can't Brassard play there? His production qualifies him for that spot.

I would rather Brassard be 4C and carry the water in that spot so McLeod can remain on Dari’s wing. Foegele-Brassard-Ryan would have been a really slick line to start the stretch run with, and is almost a third line itself if all three catch fire. Hyman-RNH-?, McLeod-Drai-Pulju, and of course Kane-McD-Yamo would have completed the forward group and I’d have liked their odds against most teams.

Reactions: AddyTheWrath

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
So all in all not a bad day for the Oilers. Not great but not bad either. I give it a B. Would have been an A with a goalie move but so is the way of the Oilers can’t a goalie without a massive overpay or an unknown commodity. I like the fact both deals had 50% retention and we only really have up a 2nd a 4th and 7/8 Dman.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Fair. We were told all year in the beginning that a goalie trade likely happens in season.

Here we are. To make matters worse, our second best goalie is in the AHL while good ole Schmiddy is trying to find his game at the age of 40
The only thing management ever really said was if we get healthy goaltending we will be good enough to make the playoffs. Holland never really turned away from that.

Reactions: Seachd

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
So all in all not a bad day for the Oilers. Not great but not bad either. I give it a B. Would have been an A with a goalie move but so is the way of the Oilers can’t a goalie without a massive overpay or an unknown commodity. I like the fact both deals had 50% retention and we only really have up a 2nd a 4th and 7/8 Dman.
I would've liked to go after Wedgewood. Wonder what the cost would've been with Smith involved in the trade.

PostBradMalone

Mar 19, 2022
The only thing management ever really said was if we get healthy goaltending we will be good enough to make the playoffs. Holland never really turned away from that.

And here we sit with an .895 goalie about to start against the top team points-wise in the league. Kill me now.

Reactions: McTedi

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
Holland stubbornly sticking with his guy at the demise of another McDrai season has to be a fail no matter how we spin it. Get a goalie Ken!!

Reactions: PostBradMalone

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
FOZoR8SVUAE15Fp

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Dumping Dadonov (a good player) makes Vegas weaker... good news for the Oilers.
That contract is horrible though and they need cap space. The guy is producing worse than Brassard who was just had for a 4th. They needed to jump on a trade to get rid of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad