Ken, make the call
And trade it all again
Woah again

Months went by without goaltending
When did our goalies turn from green to red
You took a chance and left Smith standing
And he lost the crease to Koskinen again

*repeat chorus

Absolutely nothing of importance or anything new came out Oilers related today, so we wasted our time. Looks like Soucy or Kulak will be the only move Ken makes tomorrow.

Maybe.

Last thread is over 1,000 posts but continue there until a mod locks it up.

Last edited:

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Holland spent weeks talking to ppl around the league and most importantly McDavid about getting Keith

He landed Hyman and reached on Kane

The TDL is tomorrow, so the posters acting like the world is ending need to relax. Holland isn't gonna do nothing.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Holland spent weeks talking to ppl around the league and most importantly McDavid about getting Keith

The TDL is tomorrow, so the posters acting like the world is ending need to relax. Holland isn't gonna do nothing.
There is nothing else to do so it's okay for posters to be freaking out seeing what other clubs have done.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017

Arguably getting only a 7th d is essentially nothing. Which seems to be what we are looking for. He needs to do more than that. He needs to improve on Smith or move him away, call up Skinner and use that cap elsewhere. Going into the playoffs with Koskinen and Smith would be a failure.

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Arguably getting only a 7th d is essentially nothing. Which seems to be what we are looking for. He needs to do more than that. He needs to improve on Smith or move him away, call up Skinner and use that cap elsewhere. Going into the playoffs with Koskinen and Smith would be a failure.
Tbf Soucy is better than a 7D. He has 14 points and is +9 on a pretty bad Seattle team. He's also 27 and signed for next year.

Reactions: gordonhught

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
What is enough?

1647828250202.jpeg

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB

Agree 100%.

I don't agree.... getting rid of Barrie makes them weaker offensively... (not to mention that it doesn't make them better defensively either as everyone below him moves up a notch ie Bouchard/whoever else they use at 2RD)... and a 2nd round pick is a magic bean that pays off in 3-5 years... if ever.

Last edited:

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
If we get a really strong defender who can help our GA and PK and solidify a pairing and play some key minutes, that should help our goaltenders have a chance to hang in there in the playoffs. The F are pretty solid. So Id say the minimum to give this group a fair chance is a legitimate D upgrade.

A really good GM might find a way to use the TDL to set us up for next year by clearing expensice supporting players and replacing them with better value options who are good fits long term. Smith, Kassian, Archibald, Barrie and others could all be moved to restructure the team short and long term.

Soucey and Braun are the reasonable cheap options that might help. There could be player for player swaps for more expensive guys and if Fleury is dealt we could snag a goalie from the acquiring team.

Theres lots of options out there still anyway, and some of them would help.

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
I don't agree.... getting rid of Barrie makes them weaker offensively... (not to mention that it doesn't make them better defensively either as everyone below him moves up a notch ie Bouchard/whoever else they use at 2RD... and a 2nd round pick is a magic bean that pays of in 3-5 years... if ever.
If we're not improving the team then at least sell off pieces that you won't be able to keep in the summer. Obviously my preference is to go all in.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
You wouldn't trade Barrie if you werent acquiring Braun as a rental or a better defender with tern.
I don't agree.... getting rid of Barrie makes them weaker offensively... (not to mention that it doesn't make them better defensively either as everyone below him moves up a notch ie Bouchard/whoever else they use at 2RD... and a 2nd round pick is a magic bean that pays of in 3-5 years... if ever

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
The thing I don't understand with the "if it isn't a goalie don't bother wasting assets" is what goalie do we have to acquire before it's no longer a waste of assets? Which unrealistic to acquire, bonafide starter are we picking up to then make it okay to fill other holes? Why can't we fill other holes while still looking for this goalie? Which team is trading us this starter capable of running a team to the finals now, or in the summer?

Seems like such a pouty stance to take. "We can't win anyways, so I don't wanna try!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad