Rumor: Rumours & Proposals Thread | Kypreos: OTT & EDM have had Hoffman for Picks/Prospects talks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Save money in case they want to rebuild. Having Klefbom and Draisaitl for long term can really help them out. Plus with Hoffman off the books, they can get some flexibility in other areas. I'd be willing throw in a 2nd round, but that'd be all.

They'd be dumping Hoffman for literally nothing in that scenario if they don't want to sign Maroon, which doesn't make sense if the idea is to go full rebuild. Cap space alone isn't enough. Replace Maroon with a cost-controlled asset like Strome and add a pick and maybe they listen.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
They'd be dumping Hoffman for literally nothing in that scenario if they don't want to sign Maroon, which doesn't make sense if the idea is to go full rebuild. Cap space alone isn't enough. Replace Maroon with a cost-controlled asset like Strome and add a pick and maybe they listen.

I'd do that. But I also wonder if they would like Maroon too as he'd fit in quite nicely with their team.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
I think the concussion has messed with his game a little bit. Drastaitl is 36th in 5 on 5 scoring,27th P/60. He has been terrible on the Power-play but the power-play as a unit has been so inconsistent this season. Another 6mil winger is only going to make us easier to play against. With McDavid-Nuge-Drastaitl we are a match-up nightmare.

Drastaitl isn't the reason why we are losing games right now. Could he be better? yes but again I think the concussion messed his game up a little bit. Which is something that will happen to any player in the league when they get a concussion. He will heat up, Ebbs and Flows of the NHL Season.

We need to add 1-2 more Top Six forwards if we want to become a contender. Pulujarvi might be one of those guys but he needs to start finishing and Tmac needs to put him on the Power-Play.

We can't add 1-2 more top 6 forwards because we're overpaying Draisaitl. For Draisaitl to be worth his contract he basically needs to put up a PPG. If not we'd be better off with two 4M wingers who score 40 points each.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Anyone know how much it is to buyout Draisaitl?

This is one of the dumbest posts I've ever seen. Unbelievable that the Oilers have fans like this.
BTW, not a peep about Nurse from you this season. Shocking

Sorry about sidetracking this thread but I just had to call out this post. It just triggered me so much lol.

Last edited:

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Where's all this talk about Hoffman? Just posters rambling?

Side note: I lol at the notion of Hoffman being a subject now though. I said last year to trade Eberle for Hoffman and everyone jumped on me saying Hoffman is an even weaker Eberle lol

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008

8. Interesting decisions ahead for Pittsburgh. Do they go after a veteran goalie as insurance? Do they add another centre? What about a scoring winger? Two of the three? All of them? I don’t think they worry too much about the future — they are in it to win it as long as Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin can drive the bus.

But, how many assets do you really have and how many are you willing to give up? I’m very curious to see what GM Jim Rutherford prioritizes and how many things he can address. The worst part of their schedule is over, and you know they will be ready when it matters.

9. I’ve wondered what kind of trade partner Edmonton could be for Pittsburgh. The Oilers certainly had interest in Ian Cole, although I’m not sure how the Brandon Davidson waiver claim affects things. The ask was high. There are two UFA-to-be-pieces that could make sense for the Penguins: Mark Letestu and Pat Maroon. They know Letestu well. My only question about Maroon is Mike Sullivan loves speed, and Maroon, a finisher, isn’t a burner.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Cammalleri isn't a top-six forward. That 3rd line won't produce on a regular basis. Honestly, that Bottom six is horrible. Drastaitl is 55.5% in the face-off circle awhile Strome is 45%. Would be a big loss. Landeskog is just benefitting from Mackinnon's Play. Going from Mack to Nuge is a gap. If I am trading Drastaitl. I would look for what Columbus got for Rick Nash. Young Top Six+ Young 3rd line Centre+Young #4 Defenceman type package. We need better depth up front.

Thats one move, but really sets us up going forward. You have to look at expiring contracts. Most of that team isn't signed past next year. Here's a list of guys signed past next year with that deal.

Landeskog-Mcdavid-Puljujarvi
Lucic-RNH-?
Khaira-?-Kassian
Walker-?-?

Sekera-Larsson
Russell-Barrie
?-?
Gryba

Talbot

Gives us about 15M to spend on the cap next year, with our defence fixed and only needing 1 top 6 forward.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
This is one of the dumbest posts I've ever seen. Unbelievable that the Oilers have fans like this.
BTW, not a peep about Nurse from you this season. Shocking

Sorry about sidetracking this thread but I just had to call out this post. It just triggered me so much lol.

What do you want me to say about Nurse? He's what I said he'd be a #3 dman. Is that worth using a #7 pick on? Not IMO. Top 10 picks should be used on offensive guys like Provorov, Sergachev, Suter, Ristolainen, etc... Where's all the guys who said he's the next Pronger?

And its good to know what it'd cost to buy Draisaitl out. He's massively overpaid, and I knew it'd be cheaper sense he signed the contract young.

Last edited:

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
I'd do that. But I also wonder if they would like Maroon too as he'd fit in quite nicely with their team.

I'm assuming any trade involving a piece like Karlsson (if it happens) takes place in the summer when teams can talk about a contract extension so Maroon would be likely on the market as a FA by then.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
What do you want me to say about Nurse? He's what I said he'd be a #3 dman. Is that worth using a #7 pick on? Not IMO. Top 10 picks should be used on offensive guys like Provorov, Sergachev, Suter, Ristolainen, etc... Where's all the guys who said he's the next Pronger?

And its good to know what it'd cost to buy Draisaitl out. He's massively overpaid, and I knew it'd be cheaper sense he signed the contract young.

He's a #3 Dman at 22 years old and to be honest, he's playing like a #2 this season. Who said he's the next Pronger? It amazes me that you still can't admit that you were the slightest bit wrong about Nurse.
Of course development is rarely linear so he might take a few steps back still before really establishing himself but he has been really good this season, don't you think?

I can't even respond to you about Draisaitl, don't know why I took the bait in the first place. It's so beyond irrational at this point that's it's bordering on lunacy.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
So...

Erik Karlsson (we'll say not extended, but excited to sign here)
Bobby Ryan (salary retained at 15%, new cap hit of 6.1M)
OTT 3rd in 2018

for

Leon Draisaitl
Adam Larsson
EDM 2nd in 2019

Why Edmonton does it? Cause Karlsson/McDavid.
Why Ottawa does it? Get a No.1 C, a top 4 D who can stem tide, plus they get Ryan off the books.

Would you do it? If you say no, would you do it if OTT added Pageau for C?

Staghorn

Jul 7, 2013
I think the Oil has to either extend Maroon now or trade him now... Its clear the Oil isn't making the playoffs - or at least statistically extremely unlikely. The next 5-7 games are key - if the Oil doesn't win out or at least go 6-1 or 5-2, they're pooched. Maroon is NOT worth what he'll ask for on the open market with a long term deal nor can this team add his slow and sporadic play at a premium price. I wouldn't be surprised if the Oil could gather a shiny piece or two from shipping him out NOW. Need to grasp reality here and start building already for next year.

Don't even bother with the rental goalies either. I'd try to pry Pickard out of Toronto and groom him as the next one, or give Ellis a shot. Broissoit has proven nothing. Problem with this theory is that the Leafs likely see Pickard as next years backup. Here's an idea Chia - try DRAFTING a F'n useful goalie in the top couple rounds instead of slugs in the 2nd or 3rd rounds that NEVER pan out!!! Horrid goaltending pipeline.....

Last edited:

Staghorn

Jul 7, 2013
So...

OTT 3rd in 2018

for

Leon Draisaitl
Adam Larsson
EDM 2nd in 2019

Why Ottawa does it? Get a No.1 C, a top 4 D who can stem tide, plus they get Ryan off the books.

Karlsson is excited to sign here?? And you're going to give up multiple years of Drai and Larsson for a guaranteed year and a half - the half of which is already in the toilet - for a Karlsson rental?? Ryan is a flake too and wouldn't touch him with a 10-ft pole. Not a good trade.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards

Pronger had 25 points and was a -18 in his third NHL season. Where's all the people who said he wouldn't be anything more than a #3 Dman after his second season?

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
So...

OTT 3rd in 2018

for

Leon Draisaitl
Adam Larsson
EDM 2nd in 2019

No chance we could afford an extension for EK and Ryan's monster deal. That'd be around $20M.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Pronger had 25 points and was a -18 in his third NHL season. Where's all the people who said he wouldn't be anything more than a #3 Dman after his second season?

Pronger was 20 in his third season, which was his third post draft. Nurse is 22 in his draft plus five season. I'm not as down on Nurse as this other guy, but this is a lousy comp.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
He's a #3 Dman at 22 years old and to be honest, he's playing like a #2 this season. Who said he's the next Pronger? It amazes me that you still can't admit that you were the slightest bit wrong about Nurse.
Of course development is rarely linear so he might take a few steps back still before really establishing himself but he has been really good this season, don't you think?

I can't even respond to you about Draisaitl, don't know why I took the bait in the first place. It's so beyond irrational at this point that's it's bordering on lunacy.

The only lunatics on here are the ones that called RNH Gretzky, and Nurse Pronger and attacked me for ever doubting it. Where are all these posters now? I clearly said Nurse was a horrible pick at #7. There are several players who were picked behind him I'd rather have. Mainly Ristolainen, Horvat, and Morrissey.

Staghorn

Jul 7, 2013
The only lunatics on here are the ones that called RNH Gretzky, and Nurse Pronger and attacked me for ever doubting it. Where are all these posters now? I clearly said Nurse was a horrible pick at #7. There are several players who were picked behind him I'd rather have. Mainly Ristolainen, Horvat, and Morrissey.

How good would Bo Horvat look here now... Almost as good as Tkatchuk on a wing causing havoc, but I digress...

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Pronger was 20 in his third season, which was his third post draft. Nurse is 22 in his draft plus five season. I'm not as down on Nurse as this other guy, but this is a lousy comp.

I agree it's a lousy comp. not sure why the other poster even chose to use it as there was NO ONE saying Nurse will be the next Pronger. He made up a false narrative to try to make himself look smarter.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
How good would Bo Horvat look here now... Almost as good as Tkatchuk on a wing causing havoc, but I digress...

The Oilers drafting issue stems from them picking the same player in basically every draft with a high pick. We had how many LH defensive dmen in the system and they take Nurse? We could have had a great defensive center in Horvat or a RH offensive two way dman in Ristolainen, but no have to get the Kevin Lowe clone.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
I agree it's a lousy comp. not sure why the other poster even chose to use it as there was NO ONE saying Nurse will be the next Pronger. He made up a false narrative to try to make himself look smarter.

You must have a short memory, ton of guys on here were saying Nurse will dominate like Pronger because of his size and skating...

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC

The difference is that nobody ACTUALLY said that RNH is the next Gretzky or that Nurse is the next Pronger and if they did, I didn't see those posts. Saying that they see aspects of their game that might bear a resemblance doesn't mean that they expect them to be as good as that player.
You ACTUALLY wondered if the Oilers should buy out Draisaitl and then called him a "bum" in a later post. It's the craziest suggestion I've ever seen on this board and that's an extensive list.

So you still won't admit that Nurse is having a really good season.
It can't be that hard. I know there's an ego at play here but at least bite the bullet for once and admit that Nurse is playing well this season.
There's no shame in wanting those players over Nurse but there's also no shame in admitting that maybe you were a bit wrong about the player.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
You must have a short memory, ton of guys on here were saying Nurse will dominate like Pronger because of his size and skating...

Funny because I've watched plenty games in the last two years where Nurse has been a force because of his size and skating ability.

Pronger never dominated because of his skating btw. He dominated because he was able to control the pace of a game and slow everything down.

You can keep singing your narrative if you want though. Just know that you're wrong and looking sillier every time you post about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad