Rumor: Rumours & Proposals | Chia Talk Ban | Oilers Sign KHL G Mikko Koskinen, What's Next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
It's meant to present a pretty perplexing dilemma. A chance to get rid of Lucic's contract at fairly extreme cost, but still receiving enough potential value back that it might be worth it.
Not worth it. Lucic is still a productive player--moreso than Andrew Shaw. And I don't really value the 2/3 in this draft as highly as others do either. It's kind of a curse for teams who don't really value adding a winger at this point in time. See the Habs. This draft is prime for off the board picks.

PulYou

Feb 16, 2018
The only thing of value i would give for 3rd is just JP straight up. That’s max

There seems to be some kind of consensus that Filip Zadina could be taken third... His game seems to be rather similar with Pulju - both two way forwards. Bergevin just might win this trade?

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
Rumor was MacT was offering the Nurse pick for Schnider. Vancouver chose NJ to get him out of the conference.

Thoughts on if we did the trade and what you think we should expect for #10 pick .

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Rumor was MacT was offering the Nurse pick for Schnider. Vancouver chose NJ to get him out of the conference.

Thoughts on if we did the trade and what you think we should expect for #10 pick .

I like how Nurse has developed and we have a goalie now, so I'd pass with hindsight. But for that kind of return, I'd trade our 10th this year. Preferably for a defenceman or winger.

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Hypothetical:

You are GM of the Oilers. Bergevin calls you up and offers 3 OA + Shaw for RNH + Lucic + Puljujarvi + 10 OA. Do you do it?

I hang up and tell him to never call back. Puljujarvi RNH and the 10th to lose Lucic and move up 7 spots? Yeah no

Reactions: ujju2

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
I think that's an overpay. Klefbom is a very good Dman when he's healthy. He's younger and on a great contract. I'd do 2018 and 2019 1st for a OEL.

He's just rarely healthy. Maybe a better defensive coach can get him to take that next step?

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
I don’t see it as a foregone conclusion. Not everyone is Shane Doan. Phoenix will never be contenders.

Everything I've heard indicates he's interested in staying and they're interested in keeping him and they have the cap space to do so.

If the oilers are going to swing for the fences on a D trade, Karlsson is the only answer.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Everything I've heard indicates he's interested in staying and they're interested in keeping him and they have the cap space to do so.

If the oilers are going to swing for the fences on a D trade, Karlsson is the only answer.
Players always say they want to stay. I don’t see it happening. Staying in Arizona is giving up on your prime.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I suggested this a month ago. I’d do it. Get OEL in the organization.

I'm not even as high on OEL as some others are... but I think Chia and the Oilers HAVE to upgrade their offense on the D. They have signalled that they need to do that as well. The D is historically inept on the PP as well and that's a big part of the reason a large part of the coaching staff was just turfed. Next casualties will be McLellan and Chia if no meaningful changes are made and Chia knows that.

At #10 they would get a decent D prospect if they make that pick but that's years away from helping the team in any meaningful way.

I think trading #10 + something else would be the most likely action for Chia to pursue. They could trade out Puljujarvi or Yamamoto instead of Klefbom.. but presumably a team would want a dman coming back if a dman like OEL was the target.

Last edited:

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
Something based around OEL and Domi would be interesting and tick a lot of boxes. It would definitely be expensive but we are going to have to get over the price if we want a top pairing guy.

tv14

Cam Dadbot
Feb 12, 2008
Alberta
Assuming two things
1) we sign Koskinen
2) Caps trade Grubauer

I wonder if Caps would go for something like:

3rd + Caggiula + Montoya for Burakovsky.

They get much needed cap space, replacements and a pick. Burakovsky has never put it together there (and has a history of injuries) but has shown flashes. I would take a chance on him.

Looking at numbers, draft status, cap hit, I think his value would be similar to what Yakupov got.

Last edited:
Reactions: EDMOILERS9729

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
I would do this if OEL had at least 3 years left on his deal. He's a UFA in a year so no.
If he had 3 years left on his deal your looking at Nuge + Klef + the pick. You aren’t getting a #1 for just Klef and the 10th pick. There is going to be risk involved to get this kind of player

Reactions: ujju2

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I think OEL would be a great pickup. He's been around so long that it's easy to forget he's only 26, that is, in the beginning of his prime as a defenceman.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
If he had 3 years left on his deal your looking at Nuge + Klef + the pick. You aren’t getting a #1 for just Klef and the 10th pick. There is going to be risk involved to get this kind of player
That's a good point, I didn't think about that.

I still probably wouldn't do it because Klefbom showed us how good he could be in 16/17 and is on a very good contract still if he can bounce back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad