Rumor: Rumours & Proposals | Chia Talk Ban | Oilers Sign KHL G Mikko Koskinen, What's Next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
What’s wrong with khaira in the role?

I’d rather keep Khaira as a winger when everyone’s healthy. It gives us a guy who can move up and down the lineup, and move over to center when someone’s hurt. In theory, if we have Nuge/Drai as a winger in the top 6, and Khaira as a winger in the bottom 6, we shouldn’t run into our old issue of trying to play wingers as centermen.

A guy I’d like us to look at is Matt Read. He obviously just had a bad year, and it’s not realistic to expect the old 40+ point version of him, but he should be able to bounce back to his 10 goal, 25 point self, from the 3 years prior. He kills penalties (a serious need of ours), and is decently physical. Best of all, he should be dirt cheap. Give him like 750k, and if he loses his spot, waive him. No harm done. At the very least, he should be a better Pak for the 13th forward slot

XXXX - McDavid - Drai/Nuge
Lucic - Drai/Nuge - XXXX
Aberg - Strome - Khaira
Caggiula - XXXX - Kassian
Read

Pulju/Rattie either take one of the top 6 spots or are in the AHL

Last edited:
Reactions: belair

poolparty98

Aug 6, 2017
I’d say that Derek Ryan will be an Oiler, if we are reading what Stauffer has been tweeting.

Ryan with Caggulia and Kassian is a decent 4th line..imo

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
I’d say that Derek Ryan will be an Oiler, if we are reading what Stauffer has been tweeting.

If we were reading into that Ryan would have been an Oiler years ago. Stauffer has a huge crush on him because he played for the Golden Bears back in the day, I wouldn't read too much into it.

McVirginOil

Jun 30, 2014
I would keep the pick if Boqvist or Wahlstrom slide down. And one of them will be at #10 imo.

Trade elsewise.

Ryan and a winger on UFA would be good too but I’m assuming we are going to have to trade one of the NMC trios away to fit under the cap.

Maybe one more trade for another winger and we’re good for the season.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Adam Larsson and OEL are paired together at the World Championships. They played the most minutes in their tune up game vs. Russia.
optimism is high in Arizona. They re-signed Raanta, who had an epic season, and they finished the season playing really well.

So really, to bring up the OEL-Larsson pairing from the WCs, it seems just as likely as a suggestion that we would trade Larsson to Arizona, than one that Arizona would send OEL to Edmonton

rambo97

Jan 2, 2018
I want Drew Doughty. Our #10 pick + what for him?

Or if not DD then Karlsson should be the target.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I want Drew Doughty. Our #10 pick + what for him?

Or if not DD then Karlsson should be the target.

The 10th pick isn't too sexy in a trade for guys of that ilk. It would be 1 of probably 2-3 quality assets to land either if they aren't extended.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia

Stauffer just loves Ryan becuse of his Golden Bears past. We very well could get him but he's talked about him for years.

He's also a good 3rd line centre, wouldn't put him on the 4th line as he had more points than all our forwards but McDavid, Draisaitl and Nuge.

EDMOILERS9729

Dec 25, 2017
Im open to trading for Dante Fabbro. Essentially let the team that best develops dmen (NSH) develop him for us and trade him for a pick higher than where he was taken to get a chance at a better player while we get a guy whos young, on an ELC, and NHL ready.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Im open to trading for Dante Fabbro. Essentially let the team that best develops dmen (NSH) develop him for us and trade him for a pick higher than where he was taken to get a chance at a better player while we get a guy whos young, on an ELC, and NHL ready.

I kinda get a vibe that maybe Fabbro will stay a full 4 years at BU and line up to become a free agent, forcing another Vesey situation with Nashville.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Hypothetical:

You are GM of the Oilers. Bergevin calls you up and offers 3 OA + Shaw for RNH + Lucic + Puljujarvi + 10 OA. Do you do it?

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Day drinkin are we?

It's meant to present a pretty perplexing dilemma. A chance to get rid of Lucic's contract at fairly extreme cost, but still receiving enough potential value back that it might be worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad