Rumor: Rumours and Proposals V: Russell In, Yak Out, Is Chia Done For Now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drewshoo

Feb 26, 2014
Lethbridge
just seems unethical af. sending someone "down" but still keeping them up. bet he gets paid AHL salary for the week/month too. idk how players payroll works

He wasn't sent down. He was just placed on waivers. He most likely will still be sent down today. The NHL has rules in regards to what you were suggesting. They cannot be demoted and still practice with the team. Also I don't think Lander is on a two-way, so he gets his NHL salary no matter where he plays.

Last edited:

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Cap friendly shows the Flames with 1.25 mil in cap space with 2 roster spots not filled. Do they get some relief with Smid going on the IR or what? Otherwise I don't see them being able to afford Versteeg.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Damn.

Now the willingness to pass up two RW options in waivers is a problem. Puljujarvi should not make this team outright.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Cap friendly shows the Flames with 1.25 mil in cap space with 2 roster spots not filled. Do they get some relief with Smid going on the IR or what? Otherwise I don't see them being able to afford Versteeg.

Yes they do get relief for the entirety of Smid's contract. However, the cap space they save with Smid's LTIR can't be used to avoid cap overage on bonuses. So if Bennett or Tkachuk hit any bonuses they will carry over to next year as overages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig