Rumor: Rumours and Proposals V: Russell In, Yak Out, Is Chia Done For Now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Nope, that won't change until November 1, then it goes by standings. Claims don't affect the order.

Is there a time interval where Toronto cannot claim another player? Say we make a claim for Mcilrath and Toronto decides they want him too, does TO have to wait 24 hrs or so before they have priority over us?

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Is there a time interval where Toronto cannot claim another player? Say we make a claim for Mcilrath and Toronto decides they want him too, does TO have to wait 24 hrs or so before they have priority over us?

No, they have consistent priority for the next month (edit: or until Nov. 1, I should say).

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Russell is a better fit here than Fayne. Maybe not the Fayne that we were "supposed" to be getting from NJ, but surely better than the Fayne that we've seen this year and last.

Young Lions*

May 27, 2015
Really you don't think teams have scouts and watch a player play ? You think a team makes a trade blindly ? Well maybe Mac T did ( Nikitin ):cry: but most teams do their due diligence before making a trade

Griffin Reinhart trade? Or how about when the Leafs confused Jeff Finger with Sauer? So it happens. The other thing is, even if teams watch a player, doesn't always mean they get the right information out of those viewings.

Oh and as for the waivers stuff I see the Oilers are still Oilering.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Griffin Reinhart trade? Or how about when the Leafs confused Jeff Finger with Sauer? So it happens. The other thing is, even if teams watch a player, doesn't always mean they get the right information out of those viewings.

Oh and as for the waivers stuff I see the Oilers are still Oilering.

Yeah man some real gems out there missed.

Young Lions*

May 27, 2015
Yeah, I mean why didn't we jump on everyone else's trash? Obviously another rebuild year...

Yeah why take on cheap depth when you can throw a few rookies into spots they haven't proven to be ready for.

Why anyone would give this org's decisions the benefit of the doubt is simply baffling.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blitzago*

Dec 11, 2015
Yeah why take on cheap depth when you can throw a few rookies into spots they haven't proven to be ready for.

Why anyone would give this org's decisions the benefit of the doubt is simply baffling.

The only one that hasn't proven they're ready, is Puljujarvi.

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
Michalek was the only veteran on waivers who filled a need here, and it's understandable why he went unclaimed. He's owed a lot of money and we still have the Fayne albatross to carry beyond this season.

Barring Fayne or a similar contract/player @ 50% for Michalek, I don't see a way the Yotes move him. Not really a fail on Edmonton's part.

Blitzago*

Dec 11, 2015
One too many.

Nope, only people who continue to apologize for an organization that hasn't earned the benefit of the doubt and that continues to make the same mistakes its made in the past.

Is it confirmed he's made the team?

Young Lions*

May 27, 2015
Is it confirmed he's made the team?

Is there any indication he hasn't? Even if by some miracle he does start in the A, the depth on RW is so paper thin that you know full well he'll be in the lineup before too long whether it's warranted or not.

djdub

This Space for Rent
Oct 1, 2011
Calgary, AB
With Gryba and Versteeg signings, where are we at with number of contracts?

EDIT: yes I know Versteeg's isn't official... yet

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Yeah, I mean why didn't we jump on everyone else's trash? Obviously another rebuild year...

Given our current roster I'm not going to ***** too hard about who we passed up especially since everyone still with the team other than Puljujarvi played well enough to deserve a crack at a roster spot, but we've been the worst team in the league for the majority of the last decade and very rarely dipped into the waiver wire to improve our team. A general criticism about our unwillingness to make waiver claims is not unwarranted, there have certainly been players that could of helped in the past decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig