Rumor: Rumours and Proposals V: Russell In, Yak Out, Is Chia Done For Now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Continue

LOL. if the coach cant trust him he will kick him to siberia himself.

you obviously dont know JQ.
]He doesnt teach anybody. you better know how to play. he anit gonna coddle morons.

Blues didn't win 3 cups.

Oh gee so I guess they don't count. How convenient. Never mind that they actually beat the Hawks this year in the playoffs.

Man those Penguins sure turned Schultz into the Norris caliber defenseman he was touted to be. How he didn't win the Conn Smythe is something I'll never understand.

The Hawks have been making a couple poor roster decisions the past 3 years. Still one of bets managed tho. TT, Saad, Sharp, Oduya, Daley/Scuderi trades- all little losses here and there due to cap

Now worries man

i find these threads are a great way to evaluate the value of a persons hockey opinion.

do they know the reality of players and teams

do they know one of the best coaches in the NHL and his strict personality and how any player he gets better know how to play before he so much as breathes in the same air?

there is a button on here that allows users to be like Joel Quenneville and eradicate worthless buzzing flys.

Can Chiarelli stuff Reinhart in Yakupov's suitcase???
:jk:

Yak being dealt will be best thing for all parties. I wish the best for him. But whatever team gets him will try him in top 6, itll fail after 20 games. Then try a scoring 3rd line, that wont work out. Then try him on reg 3rd line and itll fail. Hell get traded by end of the season for a pick. Wont make team next year and be at home in KHL by bed time

Just because you go to a great team doesn't mean you'll suddenly be a great player. The Oilers have offloaded all of their former first round picks (save Eberle) pre-2010 and there's only two still pulling consistent NHL work: Dubnyk and Cogliano.

The guy that's been a question mark ever since year two is suddenly going to turn it around? Yeeeah not likely.

The NHL office closes at 12mid West Coast time or something like that--that is why we sometimes get very late trades announced at like 1am Edmonton time.

Teams will usually give the NHL a heads up that a deal could run late and the office will remain till the teams either call to say the deal is dead or will tell them the deal will be called in the morning

Example of that is the Kassian for Scrivens deal--oilers and habs were talking late but did not finalize it till the next morning

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeff Lebowski

Jan 12, 2008
MacKenzie was just on Team 1040 here in Vancouver a few minutes ago and said that he's looked into this rumour. He said that although Chi-Edm have had discussions in the past regarding Yak, there have not been any discussions in the past few days. So it looks like the rumours are false. Most likely nothing is happening at the moment.

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
TvR would be a great return. I didn't realize he was available.

Think a RHS Davidson, but a tad bigger. Smart, mobile, good instincts but no outstanding skills. At 25 he's probably close to being a finished product, but he'd be a great 3rd pairing guy long-term:

Klefbom-Larsson
Sekera-Fayne
Davidson-TvR
Gryba

That looks even better if we can add another body in the top six before the season starts, as there are still a few more moves around the league that need to materialize.

If all else fails, Shattenkirk would be a great rental deeper into the season if that group can keep their heads above water. No guarantees, but it'd be a stronger unit than we've iced in a long time.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Oh gee so I guess they don't count. How convenient. Never mind that they actually beat the Hawks this year in the playoffs.

Man those Penguins sure turned Schultz into the Norris caliber defenseman he was touted to be. How he didn't win the Conn Smythe is something I'll never understand.

Pens turned a 3rd round pick into a bottom pairing D. Doesn't have to be a Norris winning D. Schultz was enough to help them win a cup.

The Hawks have been making a couple poor roster decisions the past 3 years. Still one of bets managed tho. TT, Saad, Sharp, Oduya, Daley/Scuderi trades- all little losses here and there due to cap

Hawks can afford to make these mistakes when they have 3 cups to back it up. Oilers been selling low on their assets for years and that's why they are the farm team for the league.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
MacKenzie was just on Team 1040 here in Vancouver a few minutes ago and said that he's looked into this rumour. He said that although Chi-Edm have had discussions in the past regarding Yak, there have not been any discussions in the past few days. So it looks like the rumours are false. Most likely nothing is happening at the moment.

So basically click bait for barstool sports.

Doesn't appear this guy is legit then?

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
I think McDavid and really...any strong leader...would also push for a resolution on yak quickly.

No winner or leader wants selfish people or guys who dont know how to pull on the rope. They are just distractions to success.

The guy made a trade request and doesnt learn. its insulting to the team that he is still there.

a leader would step up to his GM and say ... 'get this player outta here ASAP'./

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Pens turned a 3rd round pick into a bottom pairing D. Doesn't have to be a Norris winning D. Schultz was enough to help them win a cup.

Hawks can afford to make these mistakes when they have 3 cups to back it up. Oilers been selling low on their assets for years and that's why they are the farm team for the league.

I mean this is what sank the Bruins/Canucks/Kings- thinking because you had some resemblance of success you can lose numerous deals. They made great deals leading up to those cups, now they are doing bad deals. Lets see if they win another ( I hope they do but am super skeptical)

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

Umm, Schultz was a 6/7 D playing top line minutes here. Schultz was not why Pittsburgh won a cup either, got in because of injury to Daley and if you watched objectively he made several classic Schultz giveaways in his own end per game. He is slotted in right now as a 6/7 maybe 8 D.

Your unbridled love for Yakupov clouds your objectivity.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary

Oh please, they could've won the Cup if Cam Barker was back there. Schultz hardly put them over the top. Yak going to the Hawks will very unlikely make him the top 6 forward he's supposed to be. If the Hawks didn't spend their cap money on crap they'd probably have 5 Cups instead of 3 this decade.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
I think McDavid and really...any strong leader...would also push for a resolution on yak quickly.

No winner or leader wants selfish people or guys who dont know how to pull on the rope. They are just distractions to success.

The guy made a trade request and doesnt learn. its insulting to the team that he is still there.

a leader would step up to his GM and say ... 'get this player outta here ASAP'./

lmao. Mcdavid or any captain in NHL would be raked over the coals if they ever did this. If I was a GM and some player came to my office to say this Id tell him to shut his mouth and let me deal with player personnel

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
I mean this is what sank the Bruins/Canucks/Kings- thinking because you had some resemblance of success you can lose numerous deals. They made great deals leading up to those cups, now they are doing bad deals. Lets see if they win another ( I hope they do but am super skeptical)

I like it when people defend an idiot player and prove they arent fans of the TEAM.

Why are they on the OILERS board.
Im sure yak has his own fan site for people who like Omark and Nilsson and Schremp too.

McJeety McJeet

Nov 5, 2011
Edmonton
As long as Puljujarvi ends up in the AHL where he belongs right now I don't care what they do with Yak. If trading Yak means they gift Puljajarvi a spot in the top 9 when he's not ready I'll blow a gasket. It would be soooo Oilers.

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
lmao. Mcdavid or any captain in NHL would be raked over the coals if they ever did this. If I was a GM and some player came to my office to say this Id tell him to shut his mouth and let me deal with player personnel

Messier did it

twice.

thats just off the top of my head too. im sure i can come up with a list

Its not "any" player...its your captain and yes it means alot. Yeah GMS like to not make Crosby, Ovechkin, Tavares, Chara, Getzlaf EXTREMELY HAPPY.

GMS kiss their feet and will do their bidding.

Even Stevie when it comes to things outside of CAP (which is a reality of business) has the coaches cater and adjust their own philosophies to include the requests of Stamkos.
Coaches will also be fired instantly if the C quits on them.

Your point is wrong and asinine. Players rule. Toews rules. Crosby rules. Ovechkin rules. all these men can ruin their coach and GM instantly. the GMs provide for them.
If McD goes to Chia and says...get this done now its a distraction. its over in 24 hours.

Last edited:

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010

Canucks and Bruins were a well run organization? Bringing up LA is silly. They won 2 cups and been competitive since 2009. Oilers have been in the bottom 5 the past 10 years.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
So doesn't seem like anything getting done today?

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
As long as Puljujarvi ends up in the AHL where he belongs right now I don't care what they do with Yak. If trading Yak means they gift Puljajarvi a spot in the top 9 when he's not ready I'll blow a gasket. It would be soooo Oilers.

Or it means the earned it according the coaching staff.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Canucks and Bruins were a well run organization? Bringing up LA is silly. They won 2 cups and been competitive since 2009. Oilers have been in the bottom 5 the past 10 years.

And the Bruins won the Cup in 2011...

Kings look like a team on the decline. Sharks bullied them this year.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Oh please, they could've won the Cup if Cam Barker was back there. Schultz hardly put them over the top. Yak going to the Hawks will very unlikely make him the top 6 forward he's supposed to be. If the Hawks didn't spend their cap money on crap they'd probably have 5 Cups instead of 3 this decade.

Hawks would have 5 instead of 3 if they didn't spend the cap money? They would have lost their core players if they didn't

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
So doesn't seem like anything getting done today?

Hi Snipes, I think logic will dictate things happening tomorrow.
I dont think the odds are in favor of enough happening to close any deals tonight. I think there is enough of a push to get it done before games end tomorrow.

So i wouldnt get pre-occupied checking tonight if that is what you are asking.

I suspect (as Stauffer predicted--'done byfriday') it will be solved by tomorrow. The return also wont be big enough to reward checking in much. IUf that is what you were asking.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Hi Snipes, I think logic will dictate things happening tomorrow.
I dont think the odds are in favor of enough happening to close any deals tonight. I think there is enough of a push to get it done before games end tomorrow.

So i wouldnt get pre-occupied checking tonight if that is what you are asking.

I suspect (as Stauffer predicted--'done byfriday') it will be solved by tomorrow.

Yeah I doubt anything is even imminent or close. Seems like that guy was full click bait tweet from what McKenzie said.

Time to just get ready for the game, doesn't look like any moves are happening.

Hopefully we get closure soon, for both sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig