Proposal: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Vermette being bought out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

McOvechking

Apr 28, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
I'd rather let Draisaitl develop at center than pickup Vermette tbh. I get that it's attractive to pick him up now that he's available, but I really don't see the point.

ResilientBeast

Proud Member of the TTSAOA
Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
I'd rather let Draisaitl develop at center than pickup Vermette tbh. I get that it's attractive to pick him up now that he's available, but I really don't see the point.

Vermette I believe can play wing, honestly we just need center depth so we don't end up Letestu in the top 9 when injuries strike.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Please Vermette come on down

Lucic - McDavid - Eberle
Maroon - RNH - Draisaitl
Pouliot - Vermette - Puljujarvi
Hendricks - Letestu - Kassian

Klefbom - Larson
Sekera - Fayne
Davidson - Gryba

Talbot
I really don't see Yakupov getting traded anytime soon. A) It's been very quiet regarding his trade request since the Hall trade(thats for another thread) B) The Oilers just made a FB post of him working out. That doesn't sound like a player that they're actively trying to move. I think he's recinded and had a discussion about next season with management.

Lucic-McDavid-Yakupov
Maroon-RNH-Puljujarvi
Pouliot-Draisaitl-Eberle
Hendricks-Letestu-Kassian
Lander/Pakarinen

Thats the best I could come up with using the current roster. A couple of vets on each line to help out the rookies(McDavid clearly doesnt need sheltering). Really no room for Vermette unless there's another move in the works

hallhopkinseberle

Jul 14, 2007
london
would be unreal if we pick up Vermette, good vet with two way ability and one of the league's best face-off men.

Lucic-McDavid-Yak
Maroon-Nuge-Ebs
Pouliot-Vermette-Drastaitl

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Vermette was amongst the best in the league for faceoff percentage last year at 55.8%, would definitely be a nice addition.

Come to Edmonton Antoine!

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013

I would love to see RNH and Draisaitl play together and share the center spot. That could actually be the best thing for Drai's development.

Edit: and considering that Vermette has a good rep as a two way forward, it means that we could give Drai more offensive zone minutes. Vermette can be the veteran who takes a bit of beating on matchups.

Last edited:

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Gagner signed. It'll be great to have to read a dozen posts rammed down our throat every time he gets a point.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Vermette would be a good add...he could really help with face offs with Letestu, ..something we havent had since Horcoff and Peca....Drai, RNH and Connor can get a learnin like Stoll did with Oates.
These kids need someone to apprentice under, and not learn trial by fire...bigger picture to think about.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

Well who is worth spending money on for D? I mean I'd love to add some RHD too but who's out there that we can land realistically outside of the oft discussed Wiz, Rundblad, Gryba and to a lesser degree Wideman? Vermette would be a great pick-up on a 2 year deal as our 3C.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
If Stauffer is saying what is true I guess they really are looking to give Yak a big shot. Adding Vermette would be the way I'd go but it does leave somebody out. Personally I would like to see Pouliot traded cuz he typically disappears in 3rd line roles and if Maroon comes in shape, I'd rather see him in the top 6. His game is much more useful imo.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
I don't see why they can't do both

Indeed.

Vermette wouldn't detract at all from adding another Dman. Not to mention the added depth, face off abilities, and removal of Letestu from our power play would be fantastic.

Yakupov on the first line over Eberle and Draisaitl :laugh:

Real life is different than looking at player ratings on NHL16. Chemistry, and skill distribution among lines are very real factors for NHL teams.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Indeed.

Vermette wouldn't detract at all from adding another Dman. Not to mention the added depth, face off abilities, and removal of Letestu from our power play would be fantastic.

Agreed. Don't see how signing Vermette and possibly Wiz are mutually exclusive possibilities.

Even just a 2 year deal before McDavids pay raise. We have some cap room, he would be a nice addition for the next 2 years. Especially at the face-off circle. Vermette is one of the best in the NHL at face-offs.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I doubt Stauffer really knows up to date things on this type of thing. Maybe Chiarelli wasn't looking for a guy like Vermette because a guy like Vermette wasn't available. It's not like D options we'd be looking at would be pricey, unless we are throwing money at Russell (which I doubt). Maybe we'd trade for an expensive guy like Wideman, but I doubt it. It's probably a guy like Wiz or a spare part on another team

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
I doubt Stauffer really knows up to date things on this type of thing. Maybe Chiarelli wasn't looking for a guy like Vermette because a guy like Vermette wasn't available. It's not like D options we'd be looking at would be pricey, unless we are throwing money at Russell (which I doubt). Maybe we'd trade for an expensive guy like Wideman, but I doubt it. It's probably a guy like Wiz or a spare part on another team

That guy doesn't tweet something like that without having a conversation or trading texts with someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad