Rumour, Trade & Free Agent Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Still think Ehlers and Connor should swap positions.

Ehlers - Scheifele - Laine
Connor - (Copp) - Wheeler

Prefer Copp as the 3 C...but there are not many options on the Jets. Perhaps Roslovic for Trochek?
There would have to be a pretty big add to Roslo to acquire Trochek. Would like to see him between KC and Wheeler.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Throwing this out there to see what the response is, but with Buff soon to be off the books and Littles career in limbo possibly long term LTIR, what would be the chances of us picking up some short term cap players (Marc Staal or Backes, each have one year after this) for an additional 1st this year? I would love to see the jets have 2 1sts this year. Rangers are in a bit of a cap he’ll and won’t be able to re-sign ADA as it sits now, Boston needs some space to make some TDL acquisitions and there are some other teams that could do some maneuvering as well but I think that would be a good way to restock the cupboards a bit. I would rather see a move like this than for chev to go out shopping for another failed run.

I don't know if they'd be able to grab a first to take on cap necessarily, but I hope Chevy is in those conversations. Like you mentioned there are teams that have some dead weight salary they could dump to add at the deadline, Vegas is another team in that position. Even if the Jets can add a 3rd-4th round pick it's worth it to take that cap dump for the rest of the season.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Okay let's start with Rosie as the starting point. What is the add? No one wants our crap so it has to be something of actual value.

None of our top prospects are really showing well when they hit the pros. I'm not sure we have anything beyond Samberg or Heinola that is of much value in terms of adding those top 6-top 4 type guys in their prime like a Trocheck.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
I would give Hawyrluk a try on the 4th line over Bourque / Shaw

I'm not sure why a team like the Jets wouldn't be interested. Minimum cap hit and on a two-way just for the rest of this season. Give him a go in the bottom six, if he fits qualify him, if he stinks don't qualify him. I'd bet on a lot teams claiming him though, teams ahead of us in waiver order.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
As much as I'd like to see something between Jets and Florida re: Trocheck, I don't see it happening unless they've been going about it quietly. I think FLA has only been in town once for scouting and it was for the Ottawa game.

If Jets are truly committed to winning now with Maurice and Wheeler, Trocheck could be good fit for the interim and could probably be convinced to stay past his current deal's expiry. IIRC from a few interviews, he has a lot of respect for the team. He'd essentially replace Little as the 2C and probably brings the same things to the table that Little was doing about 2-3 years ago. It's not a significant acquisition but it would stabilize the window, probably.
Trochek has about the same 5v5 production as Copp over the past 3 seasons, and much worse shot metrics and defensive play. Jets don't really need him for the PP. I would be hesitant to offer much for him.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
None of our top prospects are really showing well when they hit the pros. I'm not sure we have anything beyond Samberg or Heinola that is of much value in terms of adding those top 6-top 4 type guys in their prime like a Trocheck.
What's so good about Trochek?

Reactions: Huffer and hn777

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Another option is taking a chance on Athanasiou in Detroit. IF you think he is a centre.

jrs

Oct 11, 2017
1st and N Foote for Coleman???

My goodness, what would Lowry bring, two 1sts? Chevy should be selling if this is the market at this TDL.
I’ve been thinking a first and a prospect for roslovic, this trade makes that even more acceptable

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
If you can get a high 1st for Lowry i would definitely think about it that's for sure .

Reactions: GNP

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
1st and N Foote for Coleman???

My goodness, what would Lowry bring, two 1sts? Chevy should be selling if this is the market at this TDL.

Coleman's contract is huge value for capped out teams. That's half his trade value, signed through next season at $1.8 mil.

Lowry's about a million higher. Could be a fit for a lot of teams trying to add with not much cap room, especially if Jets take back some junk $$$ and/or retain on Lowry. I'd definitely be open to dealing him as I believe he's nearing the end of his peak/prime and won't age well with all the shoulder issues. Could also see him being extremely overvalued on the trade market with his size and physical play...he's a good 3rd C, great 4th C.

Funny LeBrun and Friedman both said this week Kreider would be the only player dealt for a 1st....

To be fair they probably didn't think TBL were even in the market.

Reactions: hn777

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
Coleman's contract is huge value for capped out teams. That's half his trade value, signed through next season at $1.8 mil.

Lowry's about a million higher. Could be a fit for a lot of teams trying to add with not much cap room, especially if Jets take back some junk $$$ and/or retain on Lowry. I'd definitely be open to dealing him as I believe he's nearing the end of his peak/prime and won't age well with all the shoulder issues. Could also see him being extremely overvalued on the trade market with his size and physical play...he's a good 3rd C, great 4th C.

Funny LeBrun and Friedman both said this week Kreider would be the only player dealt for a 1st....

To be fair they probably didn't think TBL were even in the market.
They said he would be the only rental traded for a first, Coleman isn't a rental.

WPGChief

May 25, 2017
Winnipeg
jetsnation.ca
Trochek has about the same 5v5 production as Copp over the past 3 seasons, and much worse shot metrics and defensive play. Jets don't really need him for the PP. I would be hesitant to offer much for him.
While I don't disagree, I'd still maintain that he's an interesting potential buy-low candidate from a team that seems to have given up on him (and vice versa in reading some of the comments on these boards and social media) that has a good history of isolated impacts regardless. His relative to teammate metrics aren't "much worse" either: Trocheck (arguably) gives you a little more generated offense, but Copp has that defensive element to the game that while still being recognized is still vastly underrated (it's real good, folks).

If you bet that Copp is what makes Lowry tick and Little's impact is depreciating going into age 33 while wanting to win with Wheeler, Trocheck at least gives you another available option in this window, whether it's through line blendering or injury insurance.

Is it worth a 1st and/or blue-chip prospects? Probably not. But it's Dale freaking Tallon, just give him some big dudes and he'll be happy.

Reactions: Mathil8 and buggs

scarbrow21

Feb 15, 2017
Winnipeg
While I don't disagree, I'd still maintain that he's an interesting potential buy-low candidate from a team that seems to have given up on him (and vice versa in reading some of the comments on these boards and social media) that has a good history of isolated impacts regardless. His relative to teammate metrics aren't "much worse" either: Trocheck (arguably) gives you a little more generated offense, but Copp has that defensive element to the game that while still being recognized is still vastly underrated (it's real good, folks).

If you bet that Copp is what makes Lowry tick and Little's impact is depreciating going into age 33 while wanting to win with Wheeler, Trocheck at least gives you another available option in this window, whether it's through line blendering or injury insurance.

Is it worth a 1st and/or blue-chip prospects? Probably not. But it's Dale freaking Tallon, just give him some big dudes and he'll be happy.
Dealt could very much so be as easy as Lowry + Stanley for Trochek with the Tallon consideration

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Had the weirdest dream last night that we traded Connor for Spurgeon and a 1st. For some reason I was glad that I woke up and it was a dream. The weird part was it wasn't to the Wild.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Just out of curiosity... Has anyone ever had one of their trade proposals actually happen? I mean, to the letter. Not trying to take away from your enjoyment of armchair GM'ing but let's be real... Are any of these wished for moves ever likely to happen? I think not.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Just out of curiosity... Has anyone ever had one of their trade proposals actually happen? I mean, to the letter. Not trying to take away from your enjoyment of armchair GM'ing but let's be real... Are any of these wished for moves ever likely to happen? I think not.

There are some obvious ones that happen at the deadline. But apart from that I don't think I've ever called an actual trade happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad