Status
Not open for further replies.

DashingDane

Dutch boy
Dec 16, 2014
Los Angeles
Maybe we should do a variation on this with We Are Winnipeg. :laugh:

That's hilarious :laugh:

I always wondered why NA sports don't have as many songs going on (as soccer does around the world) and when they do it's always something boring like D-Fense or Go X Go. When I still lived in Denmark (10 years ago) and had FC Copenhagen season tickets i loved the rivalry going on in the stands during the games. But that mostly happened because of the very harsh songs about burning down their cities and doing unspeakable things to them. I'm not saying there is a right or wrong but I definitely think the arena intensity is higher in Europe (or maybe Los Angeles is exceptionally lame)..

Reactions: nobody important

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Any update on Hendricks? Will we see him in playoffs?

He's the leader of the Black Aces with Matthias and Dano. If all goes well none of these guys play in the playoffs. I think they all belong in the NHL but this team is too deep for them to get into action.

Scheifele Wheeler Connor
Stastny Laine Ehlers
Little Perreault Armia/Roslovic
Lowry Copp Armia/Roslovic/Tanev

I think it's between Roslovic and Tanev for the last spot in the lineup which will make one of them the first injury call up.

I think it will take up to 3 injuries before Hendricks sees playoff hockey.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
People making offers on Mason & Myers on the trade forum. Nothing interesting so far.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I know.....I understand what OP poster was trying to do....I just think it isn't required or a good idea.

We'd get better offers on Myers alone. Mason has had a bad year, regardless of excuses. His big contract makes him a negative value, at least in many people's minds.

His first 3 starts of the season were bad. Since then he has played well. I don't have the numbers at my fingertips but his sv% has been very good. And that includes the game he played with a concussion. But his season stats are still pretty bad. Combine that with doubts about his health and a relatively big contract, too big for a backup and he is very hard to trade.

It doesn't make any sense paying some team to take him off our hands. We can handle his cap hit for next year. It is the following year when the crunch hits. We would have to replace him with a competent backup.

Keep him next year and find a FA backup the year after.

trebendan

Aug 13, 2010
I agree that Mason might as well be retained, but I would also like to see the Jets sign a veteran UFA for low $, like Niemi, Sateri or Berra for goalie depth in case of injuries. Mason may be injury prone.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I agree that Mason might as well be retained, but I would also like to see the Jets sign a veteran UFA for low $, like Niemi, Sateri or Berra for goalie depth in case of injuries. Mason may be injury prone.

Might not be a bad idea but you can't cover yourself for every eventuality. If we have 2 goalies injured Chevy would have to scramble for a replacement. Happens.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
I heard on the radio that if you don't include the first two games, Mason has a .917 sv% this season.

I think most have nailed it: keep him for next season, and look for a cost effective backup next off-season.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
This season is far too small a sample to judge him by. Mason's got a .912 SV% over his last 3 seasons (3550 shots against) - that's good for 31st (out of 39) among all goalies who've faced 3000+ shots over that period.

It's a good thing someone sent St. Croix to scout an NAHL game back in 2012 or the Jets would be f***ed! :laugh:

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Looked at 2006 draft. Interesting who Little got picked over such as Marchand as well as Giroux. Thoughts? Good pick in retrospect?

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Looked at 2006 draft. Interesting who Little got picked over such as Marchand as well as Giroux. Thoughts? Good pick in retrospect?

He's been a good top 6C for the vast majority of his career including a good 4 to 5 years as a solid two-way number 1 C. While there have been better players picked after him he has more than covered the bet for a 12th overall pick so yes it was a good pick.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

He was drafted 12th. He is currently 7th in points from that draft class.

Claude Giroux was a steal. Brad Marchand is a POS.
Mathieu Perreault was drafted 177th. He is 16th in scoring from that class. Good pick?

Reactions: thereturn

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
He was drafted 12th. He is currently 7th in points from that draft class.

Claude Giroux was a steal. Brad Marchand is a POS.
Mathieu Perreault was drafted 177th. He is 16th in scoring from that class. Good pick?
Good to know. Perrault is a real steal. Little isn't to shabby either in terms of draft.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Looking at Little's numbers from his draft year, his numbers more than warranted a high selection. So did Giroux's, though.

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
Oilers fan here, good luck in the playoffs
Was thinking about a deal need some feed back
EDM gives
2018 1st after lottery
Jets give
Myers
Petan
Another good prospect

EDM gets a verbal agreement with Myers that he will resign
Your team is loaded with players and Petan can’t be waived as a team would claim him.
Another good prospect as EDM needs depth in that department.
Thoughts and who would be the 2nd prospect.

Jets get an early 1st which is always good.

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
EDM gives
2018 1st after lottery
Jets give
Myers
Petan
Another good prospect

Your team is loaded with players and Petan can’t be waived as a team would claim him.

Done imo

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
EDM gives
2018 1st after lottery
Jets give
Myers
Petan
Another good prospect

What would you need for the other prospect? Would you like Dano?

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
EDM gives
2018 1st after lottery
Jets give
Myers
Petan
Another good prospect

Depends what another good prospect entails, but could see this being beneficial for both sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad