Speculation: Rumour, Trade, and Free Agent Speculation 2017-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
:laugh: Recency is relative. Compared to the previous 6 years, this year is recent.
A lot changes in a year. People get married, people die the world is constantly changing. Little becoming a mediocre 2c during that time is just one of those things. Roslo can't get that 2c spot no matter how well he plays as long as the Jets are tied to that amount of money to Little.

Reactions: robertocarlos

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
A lot changes in a year. People get married, people die the world is constantly changing. Little becoming a mediocre 2c during that time is just one of those things. Roslo can't get that 2c spot no matter how well he plays as long as the Jets are tied to that amount of money to Little.

True - to a point. I don't believe Little has suddenly lost his game. He just turned 30 this season, not 35. He is having an off year, somewhat affected by injuries. This will be the first and only off season of his career. Maybe the 2nd. '10 was not a high production year but he was adjusting to playing C. Pretty much all players have those occasionally. Way too much giving up on him way too early. Lets look at him again next year at this time.

Actually, on a little more thought, I don't agree with the bolded at all. If Rosie earns that job, he will have it. Little will move to RW, or the 3rd line. The payroll doesn't change according to usage. The contracts cost what they cost.

Reactions: Peter Tagli Eddie

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
True - to a point. I don't believe Little has suddenly lost his game. He just turned 30 this season, not 35. He is having an off year, somewhat affected by injuries. This will be the first and only off season of his career. Maybe the 2nd. '10 was not a high production year but he was adjusting to playing C. Pretty much all players have those occasionally. Way too much giving up on him way too early. Lets look at him again next year at this time.

Actually, on a little more thought, I don't agree with the bolded at all. If Rosie earns that job, he will have it. Little will move to RW, or the 3rd line. The payroll doesn't change according to usage. The contracts cost what they cost.
And look at how long they ran Pav as the starting goalie since they had already paid him so didn't want to get another goalie so they'd pay twice. Or how they didn't try to run with the back up goalies since they had already paid Pav.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
And look at how long they ran Pav as the starting goalie since they had already paid him so didn't want to get another goalie so they'd pay twice. Or how they didn't try to run with the back up goalies since they had already paid Pav.

There was a lot more to that than just playing the guy with the bigger salary. I never believed that one for a second. The coach determines the starting lineup and he only wants to win. He doesn't give a fig for the salaries.

In this instance we are looking at both Rosie and Little being in the lineup and are only talking about where they play. If Maurice plays the wrong man at a position it is because he is making a mistake. It won't have anything to do with pay.

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
If Salary determine ice time how the heck is Morrissey getting first pair minutes while Enstrom is usually 5th in the team?

Maybe just maybe the coach doesn't look at their pay checks when he decides who goes out on the ice?

Enstrom should probably get more minutes

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
A little late reply to the discussion about the TOI of our defensemen. Here's the combined ATOI of our six best defensemen in 16-17.

Buff 27:27
Trouba 24:58
Myers 22:12
Morrissey 19:29
Kulikov 21:54
Enstrom 21:54

= 127:54

Our defensemen are good enough to play significantly more minutes than there are available for them in a game of hockey. That's one positive problem to have. To some extent, this applies to other positions too.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Not if the Jets goal is to win games in the playoffs.

Like one fourth line player will tip the scales over the edge singlehandedly.

I don't think he's expected back in the first round. How healthybthe remaining forwards are if the Jets advance will be a factor.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
3/4 of the Jets wins have come with Hendricks in the lineup. He does not appear to be a curse.

Yabutt, what proportion of the losses?

He hasn't been a curse but we didn't have Stastny. The question now is, who would come out? He isn't better than any regular and I don't think it is even close. If we have more injuries, or when, it will depend on who is injured.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
Healthy or not I think Hendricks has in all probability has played his last game as a Jet, he did everything that the coaching staff asked of the guy but he will not be needed in the playoffs.

Reactions: JetBlue420

papasan

Dec 24, 2013
Winnipeg
Would fans change the chant of "GO JETS GO" to "FLY JETS FLY"? Looking for something different than every other chant said for the playoffs.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
So many big decisions like move Myers have poolman play 3rd unit. Play buff and Trouba more minutes.
Does Ves skip the A? How much does that mean we can save? I imagine we keep the 4th line together dominant and cheap with exception of Lowry but can save that money on Armia. Perrault little Roslovic with Ves dominating A with Appleton till injuries. I imagine they need to move a bigger piece than Armia.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Glad to see our fanbase appreciates the effort guys like Hendricks and Tanev put in every night. What they sacrifice to possibly save a goal. Oh well.

Reactions: larmex99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad