Speculation: Rumour, Trade, and Free Agent Speculation 2017-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
5mil is a lot when you are right next to the cap and you have Roslo who can feed Lanie and Ehlers.

I meant that maybe he can be signed for 3.5m as he's probably slightly overpaid at the moment. Sorry for the late reply.

Might not be necessary to get Filppula though. Willing to see Roslovic as center like you and others suggested and personally I'm a big fan of Wheeler as a center.

Reactions: adammlis

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I meant that maybe he can be signed for 3.5m as he's probably slightly overpaid at the moment. Sorry for the late reply.

Might not be necessary to get Filppula though. Willing to see Roslovic as center like you and others suggested and personally I'm a big fan of Wheeler as a center.
He'd get over overpaid signed as a free agent.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Adding Filppula to the long list of expensive middle 6 centers we should pursue for whatever reason.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Staal... RNH... Lowry (as in having Lowry @ 3+ as the 4C)... it's not just a nationality thing.
I would much rather run a Lowry at 3.2 mil in a year or two as our 3c. I think the Little signing was a good deal at the time, but, in the next few years I would much rather go
Chef
Roslo
Lowry
Copp.
Since, I think that Roslo panned out well and that Lowry took the next step that we weren't sure that he would take.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I would much rather run a Lowry at 3.2 mil in a year or two as our 3c. I think the Little signing was a good deal at the time, but, in the next few years I would much rather go
Chef
Roslo
Lowry
Copp.
Since, I think that Roslo panned out well and that Lowry took the next step that we weren't sure that he would take.

I think you are being a little quick on Roslo. 1 game centring the 4th line does not make a Little replacement on the 2nd line. Lowry and Copp are fine for the bottom 6.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Bryan Little has a long way to catch up on "Bryan little" the way we talk about him on here. After all he has like three points in the last 10 games.

A lot of recency bias being directed at Little here this season. I suspected he has been playing injured. Since he has been moved to a wing and after Maurice's comment the other day when asked about that move, I am almost certain of it now.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Sorry, belief or faith have nothing to do with it. He is showing promise, but he has a long way to go to catch up to Bryan Little.

Yeah but he will catch up at present value a lot sooner than he will catch up at Little from previous years.

ie Roslo will equal Little sooner as Little declines and Roslo improves. If both were improving it would take longer, and possibly never happen. This season I'm not convinced of Little.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
A lot of recency bias being directed at Little here this season. I suspected he has been playing injured. Since he has been moved to a wing and after Maurice's comment the other day when asked about that move, I am almost certain of it now.
A whole season of mediocre play hardly makes recency bias.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Yeah but he will catch up at present value a lot sooner than he will catch up at Little from previous years.

ie Roslo will equal Little sooner as Little declines and Roslo improves. If both were improving it would take longer, and possibly never happen. This season I'm not convinced of Little.

Yes. Even if Little just stays at this year's level Rosie will likely catch up. But that won't make Rosie the 2C we need. That would have him competing with Lowry for 3C.

I'm pretty confident in Little rebounding. The sooner the better though. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad