Speculation: Rumour, Trade, and Free Agent Speculation 2017-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
Myself as well.

Anyone have that gif of Bogo launching the player (forget who he hit) into space?

I'm guessing this wasn't the one

bogOWsian.gif

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
So according to a post in the Moose thread the Jets did paper transactions on both Hutch and Roslovic making them eligible for the AHL playoffs. This would also count as 2 of our four allowed recalls.

We do have our injured black aces still available Lowry Matthias Tanev Trouba Mason plus our uninjured aces Dano and Morrow.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Their fans don't deserve it, but it goes to show that the 'right way' to rebuild can go really wrong in a lot of ways.
Yeah. They tried to accelerate their rebuild too much, and ended up crashing as a result.

We have so much to show for that deal, it is actually mindblowing.

E: Went through the statistics.

Armia: 159 GP, 24G 27A 51P
Lemieux: 9 GP, 1G 0A 1P
Stafford: 144 GP, 34G 36A 70P
Myers: 170 GP, 20G 60A 80P
Roslovic: 21 GP, 3G 5A 8P

= 503 GP, 82 G 128 A 210P

Kane: 196 GP, 68G 50A 118P
Bogosian: 159 GP, 9G 34A 43P
Kasdorf: 1GP

= 356 GP, 77G 84A 161P

And with each passing game, the gap is going to get larger and larger. In every facet.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

GaryinPrague

Dec 12, 2011
Yeah. They tried to accelerate their rebuild too much, and ended up crashing as a result.

We have so much to show for that deal, it is actually mindblowing.

E: Went through the statistics.

Armia: 159 GP, 24G 27A 51P
Lemieux: 9 GP, 1G 0A 1P
Stafford: 144 GP, 34G 36A 70P
Myers: 170 GP, 20G 60A 80P
Roslovic: 21 GP, 3G 5A 8P

= 503 GP, 82 G 128 A 210P

Kane: 196 GP, 68G 50A 118P
Bogosian: 159 GP, 9G 34A 43P
Kasdorf: 1GP

= 356 GP, 77G 84A 161P

And with each passing game, the gap is going to get larger and larger. In every facet.

You should also calculate the cap and actual dollars paid, the sabres have also paid way more then the jets

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
The season Myers is having might play amazingly into the jets hands if trouba ends up signing an extension this summer.

He should end up with 40+ points and could even close in on 50 with the way the jets are scoring these days.

I could see a team like the oilers paying a lot for him in the offseason.

Reactions: Jetshockey

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
The season Myers is having might play amazingly into the jets hands if trouba ends up signing an extension this summer.

He should end up with 40+ points and could even close in on 50 with the way the jets are scoring these days.

Don't count out the Senators. 5.5m AAV cap hit for 3m salary.

Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

I saw some amazing proposals from other teams fans on the main boards yesterday. :laugh:
There was 1 that I would have taken in a heartbeat, even without having Trouba signed. Clean up the mess later. :vhappy:

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Don't make me go looking for it. What was the proposal? :hyper:

Sorry, can't remember exactly. Not even sure which thread it was in. I think there were 2 Myers threads going. But IIRC, it started with Chicago's 1st and added a couple of decent pieces. When I read it I thought, keep the first and trade the other pieces to replace Myers.

There were other interesting proposals in those 2 threads. I was surprised by the change in the way he seems to be perceived now that he has rediscovered his offense.

I had thought he would have to take a big pay cut in his next contract. His D zone play is still scary at times but his offense will have boosted his value to a point where I don't think we can afford to extend him. I'm beginning to think we sell high on him after this season. That is risky with Trouba not signed long term but I think there is potential to acquire some good, cheaper D in trade.

Not suggesting this but just looking at the possible high cost of our D if we keep our current top 6:
Buff7.6
Myers5.5
Trouba6.0
Morrissey5.5
Enstrom4.4
Kulikov4.333
Total33.333
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Plus #7 & 8
That is one very expensive D corps and even the 3rd pair is making near 10 mil. Remove Toby and replace him with Niku at 775k and it is still expensive.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
One year of Myers. Is that worth a 1st+ to Sens or Rangers at the draft?

Even if Trouba won’t sign long term, he will sign a 1 year deal. Jets have at least a year to figure out what to do with Trouba. A Myers decision seems to be more pressing, imo, if he’s the guy to be moved.

Morrissey and Trouba is a good young pair to build with.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
One year of Myers. Is that worth a 1st+ to Sens or Rangers at the draft?

Even if Trouba won’t sign long term, he will sign a 1 year deal. Jets have at least a year to figure out what to do with Trouba. A Myers decision seems to be more pressing, imo, if he’s the guy to be moved.

Morrissey and Trouba is a good young pair to build with.

I expect that whoever pays top price for Myers will plan on extending him, maybe even on July 1. Possibly wait until they see him on their team for a while but the intention would be there.

Rangers and Sens are starting rebuilds. I doubt they give up high picks for 28 YO Myers.

I think it is just about unanimous that keeping Trouba long term is the preferred way to go. For that reason I would let the arb process play out, unless he makes it clear that he plans to leave as soon as possible. I would start shopping him if he makes that clear or if he goes through with arbitration, which is the same thing.

We are talking here about possibly losing 2/3rds of our starting RHD. I think it is vital that the returns be picks, prospects or players with top 4 RHD probability.

That said, there is the possibility of converting some of our strength on the wings into D prospects. I wish Chevy had paid a little more and aimed a little higher than Morrow but that is done.

Reactions: Bob E

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
I expect that whoever pays top price for Myers will plan on extending him, maybe even on July 1. Possibly wait until they see him on their team for a while but the intention would be there.

Rangers and Sens are starting rebuilds. I doubt they give up high picks for 28 YO Myers.

I think it is just about unanimous that keeping Trouba long term is the preferred way to go. For that reason I would let the arb process play out, unless he makes it clear that he plans to leave as soon as possible. I would start shopping him if he makes that clear or if he goes through with arbitration, which is the same thing.

We are talking here about possibly losing 2/3rds of our starting RHD. I think it is vital that the returns be picks, prospects or players with top 4 RHD probability.

That said, there is the possibility of converting some of our strength on the wings into D prospects. I wish Chevy had paid a little more and aimed a little higher than Morrow but that is done.
All good points, Mort.

Wonder which teams would have the most interest in Myers?

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
All good points, Mort.

Wonder which teams would have the most interest in Myers?

IDK but Edm, TO and Chi are possibilities.

Chi has to try a re-tool, not a rebuild because of the Toews & Kane contracts. They need to rebuild their D on the fly.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
It's a bit of a scary situation on the right side with a lot of unknowns.

Trouba: does he want to play here? Will this awesome season change his mind about a long term extension? Convincing him he's a Jet for the next decade has to be our #1 priority. Players like him are next to impossible to trade for.

Byfuglien: he's the heart and soul of the team in some ways and such a unique player, but he's 33 y.o. and the decline is about to start. He would still return a decent pick and prospect in a trade.

Myers: unlike Buff he still has 4-5 good years left. But how good is his good? I've seen great games and I've seen just as many AHL quality games from him. He could also fetch a decent return in trade due to age, and his ability to skate with the faster teams in the league and help out on the PP.

Poolman: could be a decent bottom pairing player but is he a bonified NHL player? I guess we won't know until he's in the role; sink or swim.

Morrow/Chiarot: can also play the right side but don't seem like any more than depth pieces.

I think the Jets need to figure out the Trouba situation before making any moves. I'd be more concerned if Chevy wasn't steering the ship, as I've liked next to all of his moves.

That said, I hope he drafts a RHD in the 2nd round 2018 ;)

Whileee

May 29, 2010
How can we afford a UFA d-man?
We probably can't unless we unload Myers, or perhaps trade Trouba for a younger D on an ELC.

Jets probably need to hope that Enstrom comes back for a bargain, short-term deal, and then focus on working Niku into the line-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad