Speculation: Rumour, Trade, and Free Agent Speculation 2017-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
Been trying to post all day.

Stoked to hear about Stastny. He'll make our F group pretty stacked.

Don't know much about Morrow. An upgrade over Chiarot? Having extra D never hurts come playoff time.

Go Jets Go!

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Safe to say I think that a big name player traded will be a big part of a cup winner. Nashville, Winnipeg, Tampa, Pittsburgh and Boston all went out and got a contributor. I think one of these teams is a likely SC winner.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
shocked at the rumour that Vegas was trying to get Karlsson.
the west playoffs would have been nuts.

still don't get the Tatar trade. small upgrade, but not sure if they needed it.

trying to figure out the trade deadline winners and losers.
Canucks are loser. i mean, we all knew that.

Calgary, Anaheim and the Leafs stand out as losers. Edmonton shed 1 contract, so they get a pass.

Winners?
Jets, and that's not me being a homer. Statsny will be an interesting fit.
I think Vegas had a great weekend. Cawkblocked the Jets once and made a good trade or 2.
Nashville also had some good upgrades.
Lightening had a great deadline.
Pittsburgh did alright.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Miller might be better than Namestnikov. The latter is having a career year with 2 of the best offensive players in the world and only has a few more points than Miller. Away from Kuch and Stammer, Namestnikov is a 35 pt player. Both can play C or W.
TBL made out like bandits imo.

Tatar trade might be mitigation in case one of their UFA wingers move on?

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
Safe to say I think that a big name player traded will be a big part of a cup winner. Nashville, Winnipeg, Tampa, Pittsburgh and Boston all went out and got a contributor. I think one of these teams is a likely SC winner.

Same top 5 contenders in my head, Dax. This years playoffs should be a good one, I think.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I can't imagine Kane wanting to resign. Pretty clear he wants to be a UFA, so Buffalo gets a 2nd rounder.

How can a player of Kane's talent go for so little? Pretty easy when your reputation is that bad.

At one point it was just Winnipeg's hospitality staff aware of his antics. It would appear the entire league has caught on.

I wonder if Kane has figured out what this means for his next contract? :laugh:
1 year, 1.5 mil. Prove yourself. If he keeps his nose clean and plays really well the one after will still be 1 year, but might go up to 2.5 mil. :laugh:

Reactions: GNP

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Currently:

Rangers have 7 picks in the first 3 rounds of this draft.
Detroit has 6

this will be a make or break draft for them.

Reactions: CorgisPer60

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Detroit ended holding Green.

Good result for the Jets. He really could have strengthened the back end of someone we'd meet in the playoffs.

I think there are a few pending UFA's who didn't get moved by rebuilding/re-tooling teams. Can't think of the names off the top of my head. But that is really bad for DRW. They are going nowhere and he will walk. Surely they could have gotten something for him. Major fail for Holland.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Miller might be better than Namestnikov. The latter is having a career year with 2 of the best offensive players in the world and only has a few more points than Miller. Away from Kuch and Stammer, Namestnikov is a 35 pt player. Both can play C or W.
TBL made out like bandits imo.

Tatar trade might be mitigation in case one of their UFA wingers move on?

Tatar just seems to me to be another of what their whole roster is made of. They gave up a lot for another middle 6 winger.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
I think there are a few pending UFA's who didn't get moved by rebuilding/re-tooling teams. Can't think of the names off the top of my head. But that is really bad for DRW. They are going nowhere and he will walk. Surely they could have gotten something for him. Major fail for Holland.
Green apparently is trending to be re-signed for cheap...injuries scared teams away

almostawake

Jan 19, 2006
Lausanne

Jack Johnson. CBJ's roster is stronger on paper for it. But if he's unhappy with his role, as has been reported, their locker room will suffer.

Other guys that could have gone: Derek Ryan, David Desharnais, Blake Comeau.

Ryan I think Carolina will re-sign. He has a crazy story and is good for the franchise.

Entirely possible there wasn't a market on Desharnais due to his size.

Comeau looks like a victim of just there not being a very soft winger market. Vanek and Maroon each returned a 3rd after a lot more was expected by fans of their teams.

almostawake

Jan 19, 2006
Lausanne
Green apparently is trending to be re-signed for cheap...injuries scared teams away

Yeah, I don't really buy that. I can certainly have seen it effecting the return, but Green is so far head and shoulders above the other available rental defencemen that a team would have taken a chance on him even if injured.

What killed his options in the end was the NTC.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Yeah, I don't really buy that. I can certainly have seen it effecting the return, but Green is so far head and shoulders above the other available rental defencemen that a team would have taken a chance on him even if injured.

What killed his options in the end was the NTC.
he did waive his NTC but TBL ended up with McDonagh and i guess WSH didn't put in an offer.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

They could have traded him for whatever was the best offer, however low and still re-signed him after the season. He is still a very effective player. There had to be some demand for him. Jets gave up a 4th for Joe Morrow for god's sake.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Jack Johnson. CBJ's roster is stronger on paper for it. But if he's unhappy with his role, as has been reported, their locker room will suffer.

Other guys that could have gone: Derek Ryan, David Desharnais, Blake Comeau.

Ryan I think Carolina will re-sign. He has a crazy story and is good for the franchise.

Entirely possible there wasn't a market on Desharnais due to his size.

Comeau looks like a victim of just there not being a very soft winger market. Vanek and Maroon each returned a 3rd after a lot more was expected by fans of their teams.

In a weak market, you take what you can get.

almostawake

Jan 19, 2006
Lausanne
They could have traded him for whatever was the best offer, however low and still re-signed him after the season. He is still a very effective player. There had to be some demand for him. Jets gave up a 4th for Joe Morrow for god's sake.

Full NMC. All that has come out through the media is that he approved deals to Tampa and Washington. Tampa was obviously busy acquring McDonagh. Washington is so close to cap even max retention would have been nowhere close to fitting him in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad