Rumor: Rumour and Proposals Thread: Time for Holland to get Kraken

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesusbuiltmyhotrod

Feb 27, 2021
You have to be incredibly myopic to think Vancouver did well here. Three expiring contracts for one of the biggest boat anchor contracts in the league, and it's not like they need the immediate cap space to compete.

This makes no sense for Vancouver.
I agree here, I am not sure this trade makes sense for Vancouver, oh well.

Reactions: McOvechking

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Arizona is the bad cap dumping ground right now. There isn’t always a team willing to be that. Holland should see if they have anymore room for Kosko and Neal, although we probably can’t afford the assets to convince em.
ARI is having a great offseason. Short term cap dumps mean nothing to them. They just offloaded OEL contract and acquired a top pick.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
The trade makes sense for Vancouver because they are going for it. They have a pretty good team honestly. If OEL plays as well as some think he can, then they are a better team than we are today. Goaltending could put them on a run.

Teams are seeing what Montreal was capable of.

Reactions: Nunymare

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
They needed cap space right now for Pettersson.

They need to re sign Petey, Hughes and Garland all. That 12M (roussel, beagle, Eriksson) was going to vanish next year off the books. Now they just added an extra 8.25 til 2027 and gave away their 9th overall pick.

All the cap savings are going to be paid straight to Garland..

Honestly not sure what to make of the deal. I think AZ wins here.

Reactions: Oilhawks

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
OEL is still a top 4 dman in this league

hughes - myers
schmidt - OEL
Edler - XXX

with demko behind them makes them a problem in our division

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
I feel so bad for Arizona fans. That team is going to be something else.

Although good for the team to get out of that entire contract. I didn’t think it could be done.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
The trade makes sense for Vancouver because they are going for it. They have a pretty good team honestly. If OEL plays as well as some think he can, then they are a better team than we are today. Goaltending could put them on a run.

Teams are seeing what Montreal was capable of.

To me they slightly upgraded Edler and added Garland.

Better? Maybe, but contender? No way. To me this doesn't make them materially better.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
OEL is still a top 4 dman in this league

hughes - myers
schmidt - OEL
Edler - XXX

with demko behind them makes them a problem in our division

Schmidt is gone and OEL will never play on his offside. Rumour is Edler is gone as well (unless they pay up)

Also Tyler Myers is overpaid trash. People don’t mind him here because we’re one of the only teams he ever scores against for whatever reason

Ruok

Feeling Hyman.
Jun 21, 2011
The trade being ok or really bad depends on the quality of hockey OEL plays in the next 3 or so seasons. If he rebounds it could look pretty smart, if he continues to regress it will look horrible. Vancouver fans seem pissed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad