Rumor: Rumour and Proposals Thread: Time for Holland to get Kraken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I think it was Johnston who quoted Dubas as wanting “fair value” for that 8th year.

I didn’t really understand it though, because it costs the Leafs nothing. He wants something for nothing (actually, according to the tweet, more than something). It’s not like they’re retaining.
Haha, I think he's lost his mind.

My guess is Dubas eventually will take the 7th (because that will be the rate as we get to the draft) because he will have that moment where he's like "Oh Sh*t, I should just get that"

Reactions: Oilhawks

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
I think it was Johnston who quoted Dubas as wanting “fair value” for that 8th year.

I didn’t really understand it though, because it costs the Leafs nothing. He wants something for nothing (actually, according to the tweet, more than something). It’s not like they’re retaining.
Maybe Dubas wants to make enemies. This sounds like something Kevin Lowe would have done when he was GM.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
It's not his fault. Holland doesn't want to give up more. You can't squeeze GMs in this league or so I've heard.
You only squeeze the leaders as per our GM. Squeeze em all the way to Seattle.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan

Yeah, that is a weird ask from him. I guess he thinks that 400k in cap space is worth more than whatever we are offering. The Oilers are in win now mode, and Holland would obviously like the lowest cap hit possible, so this is a strange time when the team actually wants more term.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

If I'm a rival GM looking at Holland's body of work over the last year or so, I'm absolutely wondering how much change I can shake out of his pockets.

a 6th rounder for a guy that's walking for nothing in under a week is more than fair value. I hope we stick to our guns and just sign him on the 28th.

Giggli G

Sep 8, 2006
Just logging in, isn't Hyman a 40 point player on a high offense team? Why do we want him so bad?

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Just logging in, isn't Hyman a 40 point player on a high offense team? Why do we want him so bad?

21 goals and 37 points in 51 games two years ago and 15 goals and 33 points in 43 games last season which paces out to around 30 goals, 60 points. He was much better than just a 40 point player the last two seasons. He would have been one of the best even strength scorers on the Oilers the last two seasons, better than Nuge for reference.
I feel like I should sticky those stats to the top of the thread so it doesn't have to be repeated for the millionth time.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
I think Dubas will end up agreeing to the 6th rounder before the draft tomorrow, unless he doesn't care at all. It would replace the 7th they spent with Hallander for McCann, and they're also light on picks like the Oilers

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I didn't even know the name before last season and it is a crappy name for sure.

We want him because he is tenacious ala Yama and decent defensively and can play top line minutes with elite linemates.

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
21 goals and 37 points in 51 games two years ago and 15 goals and 33 points in 43 games last season which paces out to around 30 goals, 60 points. He was much better than just a 40 point player the last two seasons. He would have been one of the best even strength scorers on the Oilers the last two seasons, better than Nuge for reference.
I feel like I should sticky those stats to the top of the thread so it doesn't have to be repeated for the millionth time.
It's good that he's pacing for higher but it's not like he's guaranteed to hit those totals. He also needs to play the games.

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007

I think it's because of the risk of cap recapture should Hyman's injuries lead to an early retirement. But I doubt Hyman would f*** over Toronto like that anyway, he'd likely just ask for the papers to Robidas Island in that case.

Reactions: Oilhawks

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

Their trying to squeeze Holland! I’d be worried about the spirit world if I were the Leafs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad