Speculation: Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2019-20 - "Ross the Boss" Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Smart move. Who better than a seasoned former pro to show a young gun the ropes? Makes all the sense in the world.

Also, what kid is going to break the house rules of a monster German?
His traps are bigger than Barzal and Dobson’s biceps combined.

2_9_2017_FlyersvsBlues_3rd_credKateFrese_22.jpg

Reactions: Rengi

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
So now that Leddy isn't going anywhere, how are the Isles going to improve their scoring? Not too many pieces to trade, but then again...Seems like Lou doesn't even want to trade. He just LOVES Isles players too much.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
So now that Leddy isn't going anywhere, how are the Isles going to improve their scoring? Not too many pieces to trade, but then again...Seems like Lou doesn't even want to trade. He just LOVES Isles players too much.

If that's the case he's probably looking to upgrade in FA. Use picks and prospects to unload salary and acquire/re-sign Hall once the Devils are out of it.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Also, what kid is going to break the house rules of a monster German?
His traps are bigger than Barzal and Dobson’s biceps combined.

2_9_2017_FlyersvsBlues_3rd_credKateFrese_22.jpg

I think it's pretty cool that the Seidenberg clan has decided to settle down on LI. He's had a great career and banked a lot of money over the years. He guarantees income charging rent to Dobson and then Holmstrom and then the next hot shot. I expect Seids to be a part of the organization in some capacity other than billet.

Reactions: SI90

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I think it's pretty cool that the Seidenberg clan has decided to settle down on LI. He's had a great career and banked a lot of money over the years. He guarantees income charging rent to Dobson and then Holmstrom and then the next hot shot. I expect Seids to be a part of the organization in some capacity other than billet.
He’s definitely the type of pro you want involved In The organization. Like most players and their families that come through here they fell in love with Long Island. His wife opened a beauty boutique on the north shore. I’d say they’re all in on Long Island. Love it.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
If that's the case he's probably looking to upgrade in FA. Use picks and prospects to unload salary and acquire/re-sign Hall once the Devils are out of it.

I think the chances of the Devils trading a superstar to a rival a few miles away and then have to face him for the next 7-8 years is zero, unless the Isles drastically overpay.

And by "drastically" I'm talking Dobson+ at least.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
I think the chances of the Devils trading a superstar to a rival a few miles away and then have to face him for the next 7-8 years is zero, unless the Isles drastically overpay.

And by "drastically" I'm talking Dobson+ at least.
The number of teams that can afford to re-sign him is small, and the number of those teams that will contend with him is even smaller. If they trade him as a pure rental they will significantly limit their return and then Lou will still get his shot on July 1st.

Reactions: Poster Unknown

IslesNorway

Apr 9, 2007
Nittedal, Norway
He’s definitely the type of pro you want involved In The organization. Like most players and their families that come through here they fell in love with Long Island. His wife opened a beauty boutique on the north shore. I’d say they’re all in on Long Island. Love it.

With a greater number of Swiss and German born players drafted in recent years, having a German native speaker to lean upon could be a massive difference for them.

Reactions: BTrotts19

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT

I sill think there’s a small chance Leddy could be traded, and this just increases what other teams would have to pay to get him. :nod:

Reactions: periferal

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
We have four (five if you count Ladd) forwards out right now and neither Ho-Sang or Fritz are up. I don't know what's going on with Fritz, but this is a huge opportunity missed by both of those guys. Who is next up after them? Bellows, Holmstrom, Durandeau, Jobst? I know Koivula could be, but he was or is hurt.

IslesCLT

Apr 25, 2019
Charlotte
We have four (five if you count Ladd) forwards out right now and neither Ho-Sang or Fritz are up. I don't know what's going on with Fritz, but this is a huge opportunity missed by both of those guys. Who is next up after them? Bellows, Holmstrom, Durandeau, Jobst? I know Koivula could be, but he was or is hurt.
Fritz is hurt too

I would think Bellows is next in line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad