Speculation: Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2018-19 - Part VIII - Trade Deadline Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
Disappointing deadline for us. Lou struck out this time. I guess the good thing is we get to see what this club is made of in the playoffs as-is.

Reactions: Newsworthy

broncs918

Mar 26, 2009
Lou probably tried to make trades but couldn’t and this is his cover up...this year is a step but this won’t be acceptable next year.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
You mean like the last draft? Werent you also the person saying you were SURE/GUARANTEED there would be a move for an upgrade at the deadline?

I don't think I guaranteed a move? Listen am I surprised Kovy was not a back up plan? Yeah, I am. Which has left me wondering did Kovy ever want to move from LA? At this time, I don't know?

I will follow it up and say we have no idea what the price was for Stone from the Isles point of view. But given VGK gave up Brannstrom. It was substantial, I am comfortable with no deal if this was the price.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
Oh my god, how many times have we heard this before.

OMG Sister! Before, Garth Snow was GM, Before no longer matters.

We heard it last year when we had two top 10 picks .

We had two top 10 picks last year? News to me.

and we couldnt get ****. Now this year with a pick in the 15-20 range, we are suddenly gonna get an upgrade with that. Keep dreaming.

We had the 11th & 12th OA picks, for the record and Lou was close to acquiring Pacioretty, i'm glad we didn't and that's because Dobson and Wahlstrom, both projected to be top 10 picks, fell to us. Did I say that a 15th to 20th OA is going to land us an impact player? No I did not, but it could be packaged in a deal with a number of prospects to get an impact player from a team that is rebuilding or making cap space.

Your making blanket statements, some of which are completely erroneous to further the negative outlook that this team won't do shit because it never has. Wang is no longer owner, Capuano is no longer coach, Weight & Snow are in Witness Protection.

Meanwhile Trotz and Lamoriello haven't been running the show for 9 months and we expect what? I'll keep dreaming, you can keep loathing.

Reactions: Costigan77

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
One thing that is safe to say, everyone that thinks they know Lou and his tendencies need to stop acting like they ACTUALLY know.

Heard it during the draft that Lou likes to wheel and deal at the draft. Then we heard Lou loves the TDL and is always involved. Now it's all about how hell be active in FA or in this upcoming draft.

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
Don’t overlook the tax situation.

Yeah it's a big deal. An equivalent take home pay would have boosted the AAV here to about 10.4M a year...which is a lot. but i've also heard he has some ties to the Vegas organization and it was more about him wanting to go to vegas than what the isles did or did not offer.

for the record i'd have traded dobson for a signed stone.... i would not have traded barzal for duchene back in the day, not that anyone asked.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
To me it’s overrated. I really wouldn’t care if I was making 8 mill a year what my tax is. People who are rich are way too concerned with miniscule amounts of money.

It’s not insignificant. It’s easy for us to say what’s another few million but that’s a lot of money.

He would need something like 13.5 mil per in OTT to be equivalent to the 9.5mil per in Vegas.

That’s a big deal.

Lights911

Dec 5, 2017
Long Island
I don’t mind that we didn’t get a top 6 winger but I was hoping we were going to get a depth center incase anyone get injured. If one of our 4 centers get injured Stephen Gionta is most likely our first call up, which worries me

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
Ladd potentially.

TBH the best way to improve the powerplay is to get Nick Leddy the hell off it
The PP has been decent lately, once they put Pulock in the Ovechkin spot. That one timer is pretty effective. PK's are going to cheat over there there, opening up the rest of the ice.

Reactions: benedictTavares

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Are Ladd and Hickey going to improve the PP?

Depends on what pp stands for.

1 - power play
2 - poor play
3 - pizza pie
4 - pajama poopyhead

Ladd can help the 30-40 seconds that the 2nd unit sees each time.
Hickey should not see top 6 at all right now. Our 3 pairs work well together and my guess is young Mayfield and Toews are one of the best bottom pairs going right now.

LGI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad