Speculation: Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2018-19 - Part VIII - Trade Deadline Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Continue here.

Previous thread: Speculation: - Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2018-19 - Part VII

Last post from previous thread:
People keep saying Lou is working on something big, and the Isles are in on a lot of things. Obviously would not come from Lou, he has the cone of silence down. I just have to wonder with the Jets out, and the B's working on Staal not Stone. Flames deal falling through last night. Who is left? We know who? Stone to me is the prized player that can be had this TDL by far. We shall see. Also SJ is a sneaky team. I can see them going for Stone too.

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
I feel like "Lou is quiet so that means he's working on something huge" is just a nice narrative to keep viewers watching TradeCentre

MatthewBarnabysTears

Mar 18, 2013
I think the people saying it would be OK if we did literally nothing are being kinda nuts. This team could use help and other teams have gotten better. Not at least picking up some help—even if it’s just for a middle-six rental that barely costs anything—doesn’t make much sense. It’s easy to laugh at Snow for, say, the Tyler Kennedy move, but not at least picking up a guy who can help in some limited role would be a shame.

Reactions: SteveH124

Instant

Feb 20, 2018
I'm not confident this team is winning the cup no matter what they do.

I'm confident it would take a miracle for this team to win the Cup.

That said, I wouldn't mind a nice, little addition that would give this team a little boost. I hoped this morning that by the time I'll come home from work there will be something, but of course not. The waiting is awful.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I think the people saying it would be OK if we did literally nothing are being kinda nuts. This team could use help and other teams have gotten better. Not at least picking up some help—even if it’s just for a middle-six rental that barely costs anything—doesn’t make much sense. It’s easy to laugh at Snow for, say, the Tyler Kennedy move, but not at least picking up a guy who can help in some limited role would be a shame.

I think we have enough players in Bridgeport that can provide the type of boost a Kennedy-esque move would, so I just don't see the point. If Lamoriello trades a fifth rounder for someone, I won't care either way.

Reactions: periferal

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
What exactly are Snow and weights roles with the team? Have they been around? Haven’t heard a peep from either of them

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
What exactly are Snow and weights roles with the team? Have they been around? Haven’t heard a peep from either of them
This is second hand knowledge but I remember someone saying in one of staples chats that neither are around team so they could have just been paying them to go away.

Reactions: SI90

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

Someone mentioned on here that they aren't around the team at all pretty much, according to comments in a Q&A with Staple. I didn't read it myself though.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Might end up being nothing today. I’d rather do nothing then spend a fortune. Even though teams are beefing up.

Agreed. Part of me wants to go for it because you never know if you will be in this spot next year but at the same time you have to be smart.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Here is my gauge guys. Lou may be waiting for Dorion on his offer for Stone. Until Stone is off the market, his back up deal of Kovy is on hold.

With the Jets moving on from Stone, it seems Dorion overplayed his value. As with Calgary(who were reported to be in on something big last night. Can't see who else it would be? And Boston moving onto Coyle and Staal. I surmise Lou has a deal on the table. Probably any prospect not named Wahlstrom, Dobson, or Sorokin. Leaving the pick of the Isles 4th best prospect. Up to Ottawa but I would guess that is Bellows who may fit in nicely with Colin White. The 1st will have to be added. That's my feel. Waiting on Stone to fall, then the chips will start to fall.

Reactions: SI90

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
You are still tying up 4 million per year for a player who will be 38 at the end of the contract. Interesting when everyone talks about players declining after 27. If he were a rental through the end of the season, Hell yes.

We have a ton of cap, and it's going up big time also Lou can make those problems go away, look at how he handled Robidas and Lupal in Toronto.

ziggy7716

Oct 20, 2006
Here is my gauge guys. Lou may be waiting for Dorion on his offer for Stone. Until Stone is off the market, his back up deal of Kovy is on hold.

With the Jets moving on from Stone, it seems Dorion overplayed his value. As with Calgary(who were reported to be in on something big last night. Can't see who else it would be? And Boston moving onto Coyle and Staal. I surmise Lou has a deal on the table. Probably any prospect not named Wahlstrom, Dobson, or Sorokin. Leaving the pick of the Isles 4th best prospect. Up to Ottawa but I would guess that is Bellows who may fit in nicely with Colin White. The 1st will have to be added. That's my feel. Waiting on Stone to fall, then the chips will start to fall.

LeBrun on TSN said VGK, Isles and maybe Boston for Stone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad