Speculation: Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2018-19 - Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Words Of Wisdom

Truth Speaker
Oct 20, 2011
Long Island.
I think Vegas will land Stone, if anyone.
I can see that as well, but I think for some reason Ottawa is gonna overplay their hand and not get rid of him at all.

I'm not speaking that into existence because it's the last move I would want to see.

It’s funny, it’s probably the least favorite of the options out there for me as well but if money is retained and we don’t give up much at all, I’m willing to try it out.

Reactions: YearlyLottery

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
Lou waiting for everyone to turn elsewhere and for him to be the only shark left in the water and then he’s going to strike.
Get Shane Prince while the iron is hot. Sorry, I'm instinctively preparing myself for a pile of nothing.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Kovalchuk with salary retained is an instant upgrade to our Top 6 and instant upgrade to our PP and can probably be had for a b prospect and mid rd pick. We wouldn't sacrifice anything. Not sure why so many people are against this. Barzal needs a pure shooter.

I have to agree here, I wouldn't mind this if everyone else is off the board.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach

That’s the reason everyone is against it. It’s an arms race and all the teams we are going up against are adding younger more dynamic pieces. I think that’s the beef with Kovy, that and the 2 more seasons he’s signed.

Sigh

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
Kovalchuk with salary retained is an instant upgrade to our Top 6 and instant upgrade to our PP and can probably be had for a b prospect and mid rd pick. We wouldn't sacrifice anything. Not sure why so many people are against this. Barzal needs a pure shooter.

Completely agree. He’d be a good pickup. Not his fault the Kings suck

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
So if Lou stands pat, are you happy? Are you confident heading to the playoffs with the current roster?

ndgolden

Jan 9, 2009

You are still tying up 4 million per year for a player who will be 38 at the end of the contract. Interesting when everyone talks about players declining after 27. If he were a rental through the end of the season, Hell yes.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
That’s the reason everyone is against it. It’s an arms race and all the teams we are going up against are adding younger more dynamic pieces. I think that’s the beef with Kovy, that and the 2 more seasons he’s signed.

Sigh

It's the two years after this season that scares me.

So if Lou stands pat, are you happy? Are you confident heading to the playoffs with the current roster?

I'm not confident this team is winning the cup no matter what they do.

Reactions: Macch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad