Speculation: Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2018-19 - Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
We don't have a core right now.
Says who? You?

The 61 game sample says otherwise. But hey, I'm sure since the Isles weren't supposed to be good this season, they'll go nowhere in the playoffs. Just like how Vegas was a first round out last season.

Surely need to keep our 26th overall pick and every young player in the organization because future! It's not like we could eventually replace futures if we hypothetically traded some today.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
People need to understand that not everyone available would be a good pickup.
I can assure you all Nyquist would not be a difference maker for the Isles.

I want playoff performers not regular season ones...

1000% this.

strife

Jul 18, 2006
Flushing, NY
Sure, but we're not talking about a signed Stone. We're talking about a rental.

We are, but a forward who addresses the immediate need that a lot of people have been screaming about, as well as one who is responsible on defense. I think Isles fans as a whole have been used to the culture of having all of these picks on the farm who are supposed to pan out. I just don't get it. They all can't play, why keep them on Bridgeport when we can use them for an asset.

Aho? Replaceable. Beau? Replaceable (though he does have talent). First Rounder? We have plenty of those in the system now.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Lou is just an older Garth Snow. Trotz is the real difference maker on
This team. If I was GM I would have signed him as well.

Like I said yesterday, if he doesn’t make a move yesterday for a bigger
Name don’t expect anything today larger than a Wagner type deal if any

Trotz is the #1 person in this organization I trust 100%. I like Lou, but I'm not head over heels in love with him.

That said, he is NOT just an "older garth snow." Jesus what hyperbole. snow is an atrocity incapable of winning the thing Lou has won 3 times.

Reactions: MartyC and CBG

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Just before I step out. The way TSN is talking about Hayes, I would be shocked if he is not a Jets player by the end of the day.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Wow, that shows that Lou is indeed trying. Was that all the meat and potatoes of the story? I use to have the athletic but my subscription ran out a week ago

Do people out there really think that if they don't see a concrete report on a GM involved in trade talks that he's just sitting on his hands doing nothing?

CBG

Jan 7, 2018
Trotz is the #1 person in this organization I trust 100%. I like Lou, but I'm not head over heels in love with him.

That said, he is NOT just an "older garth snow." Jesus what hyperbole. snow is an atrocity incapable of winning the thing Lou has won 3 times.
Snow and Lou should not even be mentioned in the same sentence its laughable. No other NHL organization would have made the incompetent Garth Snow GM let alone kept him around for years the guy was a buffoon and Lou is a damn legend ,,,pulleeez with the comparisons its embarrassing

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
I don't care if we go for it, I care if we win it. Beauvillier is one of the young pieces this team has that is pretty much a guarantee to be an NHLer. I'm not eager to trade him.

Not sure I've ever agreed with you more.

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
With Lou if he does make a deal it probably someone that has not been talked about yet. Not expecting much more then a Shane Prince type of deal.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Still quite a few teams in on Stone, I would imagine NSH, CGY, VGK, maybe NYI. But the list is dwindling so hopefully the price drops a bit.

Reactions: xECK29x

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Wonder if Hayes to WPG opens the door to Stone to the Isles if Sens overplayed their hand
Friedman said they were hot on them, he quoted some NHL exec saying their GM would tie down Dorian if he had to to get a deal done. Hayes seems to take them out.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Says who? You?

And our GM and coach who are using this season as an evaluation process.

The 61 game sample says otherwise. But hey, I'm sure since the Isles weren't supposed to be good this season, they'll go nowhere in the playoffs. Just like how Vegas was a first round out last season.

Surely need to keep our 26th overall pick and every young player in the organization because future! It's not like we could eventually replace futures if we hypothetically traded some today.

61 games is just that, 61 games. Who is a part of the core? Who are these untouchable pieces? Jesus, our entire first line are UFA's to be. There is no established core here for the future.

Vegas, the golden example for everyone interested in "going for it"...but what did they actually accomplish? Nothing. They lost. How about Ottawa's magical run? Yeah, they're selling everything right now.

We don't need to hoard guys in the minors or draft picks, but getting expensive rentals for this team is a mistake and history shows that to be true.

We are, but a forward who addresses the immediate need that a lot of people have been screaming about, as well as one who is responsible on defense. I think Isles fans as a whole have been used to the culture of having all of these picks on the farm who are supposed to pan out. I just don't get it. They all can't play, why keep them on Bridgeport when we can use them for an asset.

Aho? Replaceable. Beau? Replaceable (though he does have talent). First Rounder? We have plenty of those in the system now.

I think Stone would be great, but he's too costly for a short period. This team is two high end talents away from really competing and they're likely to have a decent amount of turnover next season, there needs to be an established core in place. Every cup winner since '06 has had it.

Good. I hope more teams get impatient and the price drops so Lou can afford it without subtracting anything off our roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad