Speculation: Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2018-19 - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
I wonder if Columbus now with Duchene would be willing to part with Wenneberg. I know he is struggling and buried in Columbus right now but I think that has more to do with Tortorella then Wenneberg. There is no way this guy goes from promising play-making center to garbage that quick. He is only 24 and making 4.9 mil for the next 4 years. If the Isles can send back some salary or Columbus eats some salary I think he could still be a really good #2 center. I know he is not the sexy name everyone is looking for but I think it could work.
Not trying to be a jerk, but literally where do people come up with this stuff?!? Is wennberg having a down year, yes, but at 24 years old and on a very reasonable deal, there is absolutely zero incentive to trade him. Especially if they might not even retain Duchene.

Reactions: periferal and Macch

Uncle Lou

Jun 20, 2010
New York
Stone price just went up BIG TIME. Last big guy left because Panarin isn’t going anywhere with the duchene add. Isles should be looking at the secondary guys. Nyquist is the guy I’m thinking but who knows. For all we know Lou is talking about a guy completely off the radar. In Lou we trust. All I know is this team needs to add or they might get bounced in the first round.

Reactions: xECK29x

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
It looks to me that the glass is actually more than half empty. See the way the water isn't even quite up to the midway line of the glass, and the glass is wider at the top where it's empty than it is down at the bottom where there's water? IMO that glass is like 65% empty.

The bottom of the glass may be 1/2" of glass and not actual water. It looks like that in the photo That's an old shot glass trick . Get these large shot glasses but it's still only 1 ounce. That glass may be 75% empty .

PROMputt

I promise to never forget.
Jan 4, 2008
Lawnguyland
Not trying to be a jerk, but literally where do people come up with this stuff?!? Is wennberg having a down year, yes, but at 24 years old and on a very reasonable deal, there is absolutely zero incentive to trade him. Especially if they might not even retain Duchene.
Opinions vary. I think if Columbus keeps Tortorella a guy like Wenneberg will be moved. But I guess you would know better.

Le Grec

Jun 28, 2011
Slightly off topic, was listening to Burke and Maclean, they were asked about players with no trade clauses, and they both said players never want to go to cities with high taxes.
Wonder how much that will affect the Isles this summer...

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
I just feel all the good that has been Islanders this season could be wasted if LL does not make a move to get some help offensively. I don't have the answers but I am really hopeful that Lou does....

Nah-

This season is a positive no matter what happens. To lose Tavares and do better without him, thus proving we have an elite coach for the future, opened everyone's eyes starting with us fans. We were supposed to be a bottom-10 team easy, so to be in a playoff spot, much less 1st place is amazing.

That said, if over this summer we lose Lehner, Eberle, Lee, and Nelson for nothing and do not replace them with equal/better talent, then the goodwill/momentum achieved by this season will be lost.

You always need to be improving so to miss the playoffs next season would be bad. This season is all gravy.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
We have been waiting 30 years to be in first. We are in first "lets stand pat and wait for the future." Why cant we win a damn division? If we stand pat it will be a disaster. And no im not advocating to give up wahl or dob.

If standing pat while in 1st place is a "disaster," then how would you classify the last 15 years of Islander hockey?

benedictTavares

JT's PJ's'
Jan 15, 2013
Scottsdale
Standing pat would be fine in my book if it meant not getting bent over. Not sure what that signals to all our UFA's though. If we stand pat lou better sign Lee,Lehner and maybe even Nelson.

Sign Lee
Sign Lehner
Sign Nelson|Eberle whichever will take more team friendly deal.

Reactions: periferal

ziggy7716

Oct 20, 2006
Was listening to Bob McKenzie on the Power Play with Steve Kouleas before on Sirius XM. When talking about Stone, Bobby Mac said Winnipeg, Nashville and Isles as teams that are interested. He also stated what we heard prior about Isles being in on Duchene. However, even though McKenzie’s word is almost gospel I refuse to get my hopes up. Been let down tooo many times before. Can’t wait until sometime between now and Monday we see a tweet from Friedman or someone saying looks like Stone is headed to team X(Not us)

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Pretty much every single team in the league has talent like barzal, pulock, and toews and besides Dobson none of our prospects seem like sure fire big time players. I hope they become them, but who the hell knows. There is so much parity in this league. When you get your chance, you take it. You don't wait around hoping for a better tomorrow.

What most of those other teams don't have is Lou and Trotz. The Caps choked for literally years until all of a sudden...The Stanley Cup.

I'm going to believe in our new leadership.

Reactions: Stercrazy and 12Dog

BrockLobster

Feb 11, 2013
Long Beach, NY
Yes, we'd all like to see that, but what if the price is too high in Lou's opinion, do you still want to do "something"? And not even just something, but anything, because to not do so would be "ludicrous" according to you.

Personally, I don't think it's ludicrous to not overpay for assets.

I trust lou to do the right thing. I am all for a MoJo (as he is now called apparently). Kovy to a lesser extent. Hoffman is the guy id target.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
I think many of you in here prefer draft parties to division titles. Ive tried the former many times. Id like to try the latter again. It was fun the last time when i was 14.

Division Titles??? Who cares about that? Are we in this to win the whole frickin' thing or not?

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
I already clarified my opinion on moving wahl or dob for a rental.

But what you don't seem to get is...

What if no team wants Aho, Bellows, Wootherspoon, and those 2nd/3rd tier prospects and only want Wahlstrom, Dobson, Wilde, etc to move their players?

It takes two to tango and you're acting like Lou can just name his price for any rental.

Reactions: PWJunior

BrockLobster

Feb 11, 2013
Long Beach, NY
But what you don't seem to get is...

What if no team wants Aho, Bellows, Wootherspoon, and those 2nd/3rd tier prospects and only want Wahlstrom, Dobson, Wilde, etc to move their players?

It takes two to tango and you're acting like Lou can just name his price for any rental.

I think we all know kovy or mojo will cost less than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad