Speculation: Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2018-19 - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isles Drive For 5

Aug 20, 2014
But what you don't seem to get is...

What if no team wants Aho, Bellows, Wootherspoon, and those 2nd/3rd tier prospects and only want Wahlstrom, Dobson, Wilde, etc to move their players?

It takes two to tango and you're acting like Lou can just name his price for any rental.

Yup, so the question i keep asking all of the add someone group is, would they then be willing to move either one of those guys, or a first, for a Johansson type, me personally, no way. I don’t think Lou will either. That’s why I want people to keep this in mind, and not freak out if Lou stands pat.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Yup, so the question i keep asking all of the add someone group is, would they then be willing to move either one of those guys, or a first, for a Johansson type, me personally, no way. I don’t think Lou will either. That’s why I want people to keep this in mind, and not freak out if Lou stands pat.

While I mostly agree with you, I think you're overrating the trade market.

I think MoJo would be a solid addition, he also shouldn't cost very much to acquire. I think Calgary's 2nd and a B-prospect gets it done, assuming Calgary's 2nd is ours right now and I think it is. He's fragile and would be very content to use him as a pure rental. Make a playoff run and then reconfigure the team in the offseason.

We can make a move and keep the future intact. With 4 prominent UFA's of our own, this team will be significantly different next season. Just like the transition after the 2014-2015 season, the new core will be the future. This time Lou is in charge, not Snow.

Lou will give this core a chance and bring in some help, I believe that. Then after this feel good story is over (a Cup win would be Disney movie worthy), it's all about building a long term winner around Barzal and the defense/goaltending.

Reactions: CodeE

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
it's all about building a long term winner around Barzal and the defense/goaltending.

He still lacks north south skills. For some reason he can't take it up the middle like say, Tavares. He always attacks from an angle. He needs to change his game.

Another thing that bugs me.. he's great on breakaways yet he sucks in shoot outs. Isn't it the same thing? Can't he pretend someone is chasing him.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
He still lacks north south skills. For some reason he can't take it up the middle like say, Tavares. He always attacks from an angle.

Another thing that bugs me.. he's great on breakaways yet he sucks in shoot outs. Isn't it the same thing? Can't he pretend someone is chasing him.

So you're going to double down on your hot take about Barzal being traded? Whatever, you do you.

I have faith in Barzal's talent and Trotz' ability to make him a great player.

Reactions: SteveH124

12Dog

Feb 14, 2013
I’d do it. I’m not convinced Beau is going to become anything more then a tweener. Still way to inconsistent.

You’re probably right, I think at this stage of his development he’s playing too high in the lineup. And in hindsight he probably should’ve gone back to juniors for at least one more year

Le Grec

Jun 28, 2011
I’d do it. I’m not convinced Beau is going to become anything more then a tweener. Still way to inconsistent.
I have no problem with Beau, but the team could use Hoffman today, and I have faith in Bellows being an NHLer in a couple of years...

Reactions: SteveH124

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
I’m a little miffed that Lou couldn’t snag him for that value. No bluechippers involved.

Maybe one of our prospect guys knows more about this but Abramov is pretty highly rated I thought. Has to be better than our B level prospects in Bellows, MDC, and JHS. Which means that Ottawa wanted one of our A level guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad