Rumor: Rumors & Proposals XI | Friedman: "Nothing Imminent, But Likely Petry Dealt Next"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I agree with this 100%. That said, perhaps Roy (and Chipchura) have said they wont report to Edmonton. That would make sense, because not claiming these guys and ruining Draisatl doesnt make sense.

I would assume that Chip would have reported, if Roy didn't you suspend him and he stops getting paid.

BowDangles

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
What about this:

To St.Louis:
Hall
Petry
2016 1st

To Edm:
Petro
Berglund

This deal gets Edmonton a legitimate number one defence man they desperately need.
Seems like an overpayment from Edmonton but that's what it is going to take to get a guy like Petro.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
What about this:

To St.Louis:
Hall
Petry
2016 1st

To Edm:
Petro
Berglund

This deal gets Edmonton a legitimate number one defence man they desperately need.
Seems like an overpayment from Edmonton but that's what it is going to take to get a guy like Petro.

I'm not an Oilers fan but I think this is way too much. Berglund has next to no value. I think a trade with Nashville could make more sense, they need some offense and Edm needs some D. I'd rather go for a guy like Seth Jones for that kind of price.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
With all of the previous Perron talk, I can't see Paajarvi slipping past us. It'd be almost a complete re-do. Who's Barbashev? Perron could be moved in a package for a centre. Paajarvi gets another shot on Yakupov's wing and we can send Draisaitl back down to the W for a potential playoff run. If OKC outlasts his junior team, he can help out the Barons.

It isn't that bad of a plan.

rasarhdasd

Apr 12, 2013
With all of the previous Perron talk, I can't see Paajarvi slipping past us. It'd be almost a complete re-do. Who's Barbashev? Perron could be moved in a package for a centre. Paajarvi gets another shot on Yakupov's wing and we can send Draisaitl back down to the W for a potential playoff run. If OKC outlasts his junior team, he can help out the Barons.

It isn't that bad of a plan.

Agreed, although I think he's guaranteed to be claimed if waived again.

Paajarvi is an immense upgrade over Gazdic and could fill on the 3rd or 4th line wing no problem. Also he was one of the Oilers better penalty killer too, right?

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Pouliot - RNH - Eberle
Hall - XXXX - Purcell
Paajarvi - Arcobello - Yakupov
Hendricks - Gordon - Fraser
Pitlick/Gazdic

Still looks like ****. But hey, it's still an improvement.

Depending on what we can get with Purcell/Perron/Petry/Ference/Schultz/Marincin/Prospects/Draft Picks, the quality of XXXX varies. The defense should be very different next year.

DelusionOIL

Jul 10, 2008
Morinville
www.ibew424.net
Honest question..

When a player goes on waivers, do the Oiler's have the ability to speak to the player and see if he wants to play here? If they do, it makes total sense to me that many of the players listed above that people can not wrap their heads around as to why we didn't claim them, just simply said they do not want to play for the Oiler's. If I was in the Oiler's position the last thing I would want would be a player to come to Edmonton, against his will really, and make it vocally apparent to the media that he does not want to be here. We've had too much of that circus as it is, would probably do more harm than good looking to convince future UFA's and such to give Edmonton a shot...

If they can't speak to the agent or player before the claim, then disregard this post all together.. Pure insanity then.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
If Oshie and Berglund are available, please, PLEASE get them. Bring in Paajarvi too. And if the Bruins are moving anyone, bring that guy in as well.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Honest question..

When a player goes on waivers, do the Oiler's have the ability to speak to the player and see if he wants to play here? If they do, it makes total sense to me that many of the players listed above that people can not wrap their heads around as to why we didn't claim them, just simply said they do not want to play for the Oiler's. If I was in the Oiler's position the last thing I would want would be a player to come to Edmonton, against his will really, and make it vocally apparent to the media that he does not want to be here. We've had too much of that circus as it is, would probably do more harm than good looking to convince future UFA's and such to give Edmonton a shot...

If they can't speak to the agent or player before the claim, then disregard this post all together.. Pure insanity then.

I would think they speak with the player's agent, if nothing else, but if they claim someone and that player doesn't report, you can suspend them without pay.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
I'm pretty satisfied with Fraser. If we can claim Paajarvi too, then that would be just gravy. Bottom six in the future of:

Pouliot-Gordon-Purcell
Hendricks-Arcobello-Fraser
Lander/Paajarvi

Send Tyler Pitlick down and waive Luke Gazdic.

Hopefully Lander gets a regular spot after they'd send Leon to the WHL, and Paajarvi can play until Pouliot returns.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Here is what I am getting as a possible explanation of Fraser today:

Boston and Edmonton could have a trade in place but the move puts Edmonton over the 50 contract limit. So, Boston waives one of the pieces in the deal that Edmonton could pick up, then Edmonton could waive one if their players.

This only makes sense if Edmonton puts a guy on waivers soon.

Again, this would mean Boston is sending more contracts to Edmonton than getting back.

Reasonable?

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
Here is what I am getting as a possible explanation of Fraser today:

Boston and Edmonton could have a trade in place but the move puts Edmonton over the 50 contract limit. So, Boston waives one of the pieces in the deal that Edmonton could pick up, then Edmonton could waive one if their players.

This only makes sense if Edmonton puts a guy on waivers soon.

Again, this would mean Boston is sending more contracts to Edmonton than getting back.

Reasonable?

They would just include the players in the trade...

UglyStupidAds

Sep 17, 2005
Edmonton
What about this:

To St.Louis:
Hall
Petry
2016 1st

To Edm:
Petro
Berglund

No team trades their 24-year old #1 D signed long-term at a reasonable cap hit (6.5M). It just doesn't happen.

If Hall were to get moved (please no) it's likely going to be a deal like Seguin's. Hall probably has more cachet now than Seguin did at the time of the deal but you're going to get several good pieces and not 1 great piece.

Master Lok

Jul 31, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
What about this:

To St.Louis:
Hall
Petry
2016 1st

To Edm:
Petro
Berglund

And how does the Blues losing their best defenseman make them better to win in the playoffs?

Because adding Hall sure doesn't do that.

camboy

Oct 16, 2003
Victoria, BC
No team trades their 24-year old #1 D signed long-term at a reasonable cap hit (6.5M). It just doesn't happen.

If Hall were to get moved (please no) it's likely going to be a deal like Seguin's. Hall probably has more cachet now than Seguin did at the time of the deal but you're going to get several good pieces and not 1 great piece.

I agree about a potential Hall trade including a bunch of smaller good pieces. I have a feeling that it will include a top goalie prospect. I wonder if Tampa would be interested? Hall with Stamkos would be pretty awesome for them. Do they have the pieces to get the Oilers thinking about it?

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
They would just include the players in the trade...

No, what I am getting at is that if the Boston Bruins and Edmonton Oilers had a trade in place (a 4 for 1 for example) that would put Edmonton over the allowed contracts.

So, Boston waives Fraser, Edmonton claims, puts Pinnizotto(SP?) on waivers and someone claims him. Then, the 3 for 1 trade takes place.

Make sense?

This is all on the idea that Chiarelli in his discussions with Edmonton must have known MacTavish was going to claim him.

Boston has two Bruins injured. Boston has players who can clear waivers besides Fraser. This move makes sense if Boston needed to clear cap and Edmonton needed to shed a contract.

Edmonton wouldn't waive Pinnizotto without knowing the trade was going to take place.

Again, all speculation.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Can we claim Dany Heatley? Does it require a gift basket this time? What about a trip to Interior BC from Gretzky and Lowe? Honestly don't care if he's a ****tastic shell of a player, can we claim him anyways? It's not as if he'll be suddenly detrimental to this record-breakingly bad season.

Also, can we claim Paajarvi? That would make that Perron trade look really sweet. Perron for a second? Ha! Ha! The Blues are like the only team to lose to us in the past decade. Sucks to be them! Hah!

And then can we claim Matt Hackett? See? Progress. We're fixing from the net out, look at us go!

Do I want us to make moves that make no sense for the remainder of the season? ... ... Yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad