Rumor: Rumors & Proposals XI | Friedman: "Nothing Imminent, But Likely Petry Dealt Next"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
1/3/15
Friedman says nothing appears imminent, but next on the list will likely be Petry.

------

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1794309

nearly at 1000

Developing rumours have the Blues, BJS, Bruins, Buffalo, Canes, Devils, and Avs looking to do something shortly--but asking prices are reportedly to high for what is being offered.

Might have just been in my house--but for some strange reason we also exchange presents on new years day--to start the new year off with something special and new

Would be nice if the oilers gave us something new to talk about besides loses, lowe and mact

Oilers claimed Matt Fraser from the Bruins--
Oilers trade Archi to Nashville for Roy
Magnus on waivers from BB
Heatley from the Ducks#
Leon's rights traded in the WHL to Kelowna--he has been returned to JR 4/1/15
Perron finally got his wish--he is out of here oilers get a late first rounder and a scrub who has been a healthy scratch on two other teams this year so far 2/1/15

Last edited:

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
Oh god, how about claiming Roy off waivers and sending Draisaitl down AFTER the WJC have started. Now that's an Oilers-management approved move!

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Do
Not
Want
Trades

Just don't trust these idiots to make a good deal.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
and crumbles. Full stop. Butler/Leopold can do that too. He's on the ice for more goals against than anyone else you've got and turns the puck over as if he's coached to. He's a primary contributing member towards a porous defense.

If he's good, then why do you want to trade him for offense? Edmonton's biggest need is defense. Why trade him for a 2nd or 3rd liner? You can't argue this thing from both sides.

I'm not interested in a castoff from Edmonton's defense.

You must be thinking of Schultz...

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
I still want Hanifin to go along with McDavid or Eichel.

Trade what you have to and build around McDavid, RNH, Hanifin and Nurse.

CornWillis

Dec 3, 2014
The Oilers management are incompetent and everyone knows this. They've dug this team into a massive pit that would take NHL intervention to escape.

There is no ****ing way that they can pull off a non lopsided trade when every GM can completely shank them in a trade. Other GMs may hesitate to trade with this team because they may actually feel bad for any of their players they send into this dumpster fire.

EnthusiasticYak

Mar 7, 2014
I still want Hanifin to go along with McDavid or Eichel.

Trade what you have to and build around McDavid, RNH, Hanifin and Nurse.

Why would they build around 2 LHD? They're better off moving one of Kelfbom/Marincin/Nurse + Perron/Eberle to get a RHD, that can be paired with whoever figures to be a top pair LHD, in the case that they were able to acquire both Eichel/McDavid and Hanifin. I think a contending top pair contains either 1 elite level D + 1 good D or 1 very good D + 1 very good D. Bottom line is that they need an elite level RHD prospect/NHL ready to build around unless they were to have a LHD that felt MORE comfortable playing the right side but i think that's rare.

JMO but in the off season if STL still can't reach their goals in the playoffs, i'd look to acquire Shattenkirk for some variation of Eberle+Schultz+Klefbom/Marincin/Nurse.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
^ no kidding! Teams are only meant to have one elite left or right handed d-prospect at a time.
St. Louis were idiots for drafting Pietrangelo 4th overall when they had just drafted Erik Johnson 1st overall 2 years earlier. Both right handed D! Now they're stuck with two right-handed defencemen for the next 10 years when they could have filled other needs!

EnthusiasticYak

Mar 7, 2014
^ no kidding! Teams are only meant to have one elite left or right handed d-prospect at a time.
St. Louis were idiots for drafting Pietrangelo 4th overall when they had just drafted Erik Johnson 1st overall 2 years earlier. Both right handed D! Now they're stuck with two right-handed defencemen for the next 10 years when they could have filled other needs!

Lol i obviously didn't mean that a team can only have a finite amount of elite defense prospects. In this scenario that they draft first and third, they would have to take Hanifin. Drafting for need at such a high position would be stupid. I only meant to draw attention to the fact that the team has exactly zero RHD prospects and with the knowledge that Petry won't be back, Schultz isn't panning out the way they'd hoped and four of the teams only potentially impactful defense prospects shoot left; something would have to be done to acquire potential on the right side.

Stl was not wrong for selecting EJ and Pietro consecutively but i just think that it's not ideal to build around only one handedness unless one of those players feels better on their off side.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I'm still on trading for Cam Ward, it's a chance to get rid of a contract and change up the goaltending, which has been terrible.

Again, I'm on this.

TO CAR: Nikitin(15% retention), Fasth

TO EDM: Ward, Gleason

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
If the Oilers don't claim Derek Roy, especially with him being a UFA after this year, they should be asked about it every time the media is around.

Hockey Monkey

Oct 4, 2011
Rumor is the Blues are wanting to ship out one or both of Berglund and Oshie. Seems like both of those guys would add something in Edmonton. I can't see them being in any hurry to send Shattenkirk anywhere, he's been our best defenseman by a mile this year and I wouldn't be suprised if he's a Norris finalist.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Rumor is the Blues are wanting to ship out one or both of Berglund and Oshie. Seems like both of those guys would add something in Edmonton. I can't see them being in any hurry to send Shattenkirk anywhere, he's been our best defenseman by a mile this year and I wouldn't be suprised if he's a Norris finalist.

I would look to move Eberle+ in a package for Oshie, Berglund and Sabotka, big coup for the Oilers, if they could pull that off.

chris11inter

Jul 18, 2007

We have Schultz, he has Norris potential :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
I would look to move Eberle+ in a package for Oshie, Berglund and Sabotka, big coup for the Oilers, if they could pull that off.

If Sobotka ever comes back that is. Not sure why he would want to return to the disaster that is Edmonton if his rights got traded.

I mean I'd easily move Eberle for those guys (even if Sobotka doesn't come back), but couldn't see St Louis doing that.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
If Sobotka ever comes back that is. Not sure why he would want to return to the disaster that is Edmonton if his rights got traded.

I mean I'd easily move Eberle for those guys (even if Sobotka doesn't come back), but couldn't see St Louis doing that.

Because they will pay him, that's all he wants, to get paid.

Musashi

May 23, 2012
Alberta

I wouldn't be surprised if the Blues had zero interest in Eberle with that cap hit and term. His cap hit alone almost off sets Berglunds and Oshies.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
Because they will pay him, that's all he wants, to get paid.

St Louis was paying him ... I'm not sure I understand what the difference is. Or are you saying he'd want more money than what he was making with St Louis. If so, then how much more? He's a phenomenal third line centerman that does all of the little things almost perfectly. Highly valuable. But he's still a third line centerman .. so Oilers would only be able to pay him so much.

chris11inter

Jul 18, 2007
If your the oil, how do you not pick up Derek Roy? And even Fraser for goodness sakes.

Some Center and defensive depth and no cost (as apparently trading picks is a huge no no around here)

Staghorn

Jul 7, 2013
If the Oilers don't claim Derek Roy, especially with him being a UFA after this year, they should be asked about it every time the media is around.

I agree with this 100%. That said, perhaps Roy (and Chipchura) have said they wont report to Edmonton. That would make sense, because not claiming these guys and ruining Draisatl doesnt make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad