Rumor: Rumors & Proposals XI | Friedman: "Nothing Imminent, But Likely Petry Dealt Next"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Lok

Jul 31, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
You don't typically turn from a high caliber prospect with an excellent junior resume to a string pile of poo on your own. That kind of regression requires seriously bad trainers who try to change the player outright rather than developing them and working on bad habits.

Example of Yakupov. From great rookie season under Krueger and his system to practically worthless under Eakins. Krueger wanted to develop Yak; play to his strengths which is scoring and work on the defensive responsibility in time. Eakins demanded a natural scorer become a two way player immediately to earn time. Yak could have been something special with his work ethic...now he needs a lot of work to get his confidence, skills, and playing style back on part with where it started.

I disagree that it was a great rookie season from Yakupov. I thought he was very fortunate to score at a higher rate in the last several games of the lockout shortened season. It was a small sample size that inflated his stats, making him look better than he actually was.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
I disagree that it was a great rookie season from Yakupov. I thought he was very fortunate to score at a higher rate in the last several games of the lockout shortened season. It was a small sample size that inflated his stats, making him look better than he actually was.

Take a look at his game log vs other rookies like Huberdeau or even a guy like Gaudreau this year. He was actually fairly consistent through the whole year. In fact he had points in 25 of his 48 games (52%). He also played very well down the stretch when the Oilers actually needed to win.

Gaudreau has points in 22 of the 40 games he played (55%). The Flames also averaged2.85 G/GM vs 2.6 for the Oilers.

Last year McKinnon had points in 55% of his games.

Last edited:

KlimasLoveChild

Feb 25, 2012
Flames just got Drew Shore from the Panthers for Knight.

Kinda funny how things worked out. From the sounds of it he signed in Calgary over Edmonton as a Ufa to be closer to his family in Highriver.....Abottsford, Adirondack, Florida....:laugh:... keeps getting further away.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Shore clearly has more upside.

Yet he was only worth Knight. I read on twitter he's 2 games away from being waiver eligible.

Low risk move for sure for the Flames, nothing wrong with it but I sure don't feel like we missed out on anything.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Yet he was only worth Knight. I read on twitter he's 2 games away from being waiver eligible.

Low risk move for sure for the Flames, nothing wrong with it but I sure don't feel like we missed out on anything.

this is the oiler board

rules are simple

1) we are supposed to claim everyone who is waivers
2) Anyone who gets traded is a player we should have been in on

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008

Calgary had Florida in a tough spot.. They either lose him on waivers or get something for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->