Rumor: Rumors & Proposals: What is Chia the Terrible going to pull out next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Thinking of it as Lucic and Larsson - and maybe Demers - for Hall helps a little bit, but boy is our ******* going to sting for awhile from that rough ****ing.

Pop the champagne, Shero.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Not happening.

Idk... It won't be right away, but I can situations where both become available.

If Barrie's contract talks go south he could be moved, plus this team can offer more for Shattenkirk compared to others out there. Aiming a little lower and even a guy like Wideman, Boyle, or Franson would help.

Though this deal likely gets Chai's balls out of the vice when if comes to defence, and lowering other team's asking price.

Though something's going to need to give on defence soon:
Klefbom, Larsson, and Sekera signed long term; with Nurse and Davidson still RFA for several more years...
Reinhart, Simpson, Musil, and Laleggia in OKC...
Bear, and Jones going pro the year after next...
Plus Paigin, Niemelainen, and Berglund overseas and potentially coming over soon.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Thinking of it as Lucic and Larsson - and maybe Demers - for Hall helps a little bit, but boy is our ******* going to sting for awhile from that rough ****ing.

Pop the champagne, Shero.

Get back to me when Lucic and Demers are under contract. Until then, I'll assume it's not gonna happen.

CanadianSuperPromise

Aug 21, 2012
You mean the Vlasic who was one of the first four defensemen named to Team Canada for the World Cup, and was the top pairing shutdown defenseman on the Stanley Cup finalist Sharks. I'd take that.

Yeah, if he ends up like Vlasic then it would be a good deal in hindsight.

If he doesn't....hmmmmm. The entire trade is one big gamble.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Shattenkirk.

Does.

Not.

Want.

To.

Sign.

In.

Edmonton (or anywhere else in the West).

He has given St. Louis a list of FOUR teams he'll sign an extension with. People need to understand this already.

Please refer to the OP of this thread:
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2097957

I've seen no legit source about Shattenkirk not signing here. Just boob stuffer, who can barely get Edmonton news right. Those tweets are apparently from a Blues insider.

Kamus

Oct 21, 2005
Terrible trade for the OIL.

1st if this is the best you can get, why don't you wait maybe some other GM changes their mind and you can get better value for Hall. If not, and you are panicking, you make this trade a day before the season starts. And believe me, the Devils still make this trade at that point, because they ripped us off.

Leon Draisaitl

German Gretzky
Jun 26, 2014
Lucic - McDavid - Yakupov
Maroon - Nuge - Eberle
Pouliot - Draisaitl - Puljujarvi
Korpikoski - Letestu - Kassian

Klefbom - Larsson
Sekera - Demers
*** - Davidson

Talbot
Brossoit

*** = Nurse, Oesterle, Fayne, Reinhart, Gryba, free agent (whoever performs best in the pre-season/training camp)

Could also flip Pouliot and Maroon (Pouliot has chem with RNH and Ebs but I feel a Maroon-Drai-JP line wouldn't be that great)

I think that roster looks pretty good. I know some won't like having Yak on the first line but he has chemistry with McDavid and it's good to spread the wealth.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
If he ends up as good as Vlasic you still need somebody who can move the puck like Burns in order for your defense to not still be garbage.

JJTopper

Registered Creeper
Jul 11, 2002
Visit site
So we still need a RHD to run the Power Play. Not sure if any UFA's fit the bill, but trading for one seems unlikely at current prices. If we move an RNH/Eberle+ for one, our offense will rely almost completely on the kids (McDavid, Draisaitl and JP). Sounds like a recipe for disaster. Especially since Draisaitl just lost the only guy he showed chemistry with and JP might need some time in the AHL to start the year. I don't know how they fix this one before training camp.

hahahaha, dreger stating that the lucic deal will be for 7 years.... bahahaha

just when you think that chia couldn't POSSIBLY get any worse, he somehow proves you wrong and continually proves to be inept in every aspect of being a GM

If Lucic does sign here, he'll get a full NTC/NMC. Chia likes to hand those out like candy from what I gather.

CanadianSuperPromise

Aug 21, 2012
With Stamkos opting to stay in Tampa, that leaves a lot of spend-ready team looking for a first line forward.

On top of this, with Hall being traded, Lucic is going to leverage the hell out of Chiarelli on July 1.

Lucic will easily get his 7 years and at least 6 million. No doubts about it. Hell, expect 7x7 on friday.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Shattenkirk.

Does.

Not.

Want.

To.

Sign.

In.

Edmonton (or anywhere else in the West).

He has given St. Louis a list of FOUR teams he'll sign an extension with. People need to understand this already.

WHAT.

ARE.

THOSE.

FOUR.

TEAMS?

Oh great hockey insider

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
Turns out Rishaug and Boob were bang on on this trade and the stiff with dealing Hall. Howson must have came through with the details once again for them.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Biggest plus of the trade -- not having to hear Travis Hamonic's name on this board every third day going forward.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Please refer to the OP of this thread:
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2097957

I've seen no legit source about Shattenkirk not signing here. Just boob stuffer, who can barely get Edmonton news right. Those tweets are apparently from a Blues insider.

Booby Mac and several eastern media guys have ALL said Shattenkirk is heading east

the St Louis Beat writer is the one saying they are wrong. WHy? Because no team will give the BLues fair value for Shattenkirk knowing full well he is heading east in 12 months. Blue and their staff are trying to play down what was previously stated by many media people

SweatpantsNiceShoes

Jan 1, 2015
Oilers are still in dire need of a PP D
Why not target Wideman?
Contract year. He will probably go all out in attempt to secure a new contract next summer.
Even if the Oilers don't keep him, he could be a valuable deadline trade chip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad