Rumor: Rumors & Proposals: What is Chia the Terrible going to pull out next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
No more Nuge debate from me in this thread. Sorry if the last one got derailed.

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
Let's see what other stupid riddles bob can throw our way today.

I can't wait till Friday, I'm getting real tired of all this talk with zero action.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
I'm gonna be pissed if the media jumped the gun on the Lucic stuff. I can't handle another "he's an Oiler, oh wait no he isn't" situation.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
So I think the most prevalent rumor involving our $6M guys being moved is Hall for Hamonic + Strome + 1st. Then Lucic and Demers are rumored to have agreed to sign here. So putting these pieces together how many people would have an issue if our roster looked like this on the season opener:

Lucic - McDavid - Strome
Pouliot - RNH - Eberle
Maroon - Drai - Puljujarvi
Hendricks - Letestu - Kassian
extras: Korpikoski/Pakarinen, Lander

Klefbom - Hamonic
Sekera - Demers
Davidson - Gryba/Fayne
extra: Fayne/Gryba

Talbot
TBD

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
I'm gonna be pissed if the media jumped the gun on the Lucic stuff. I can't handle another "he's an Oiler, oh wait no he isn't" situation.

Yeah, got my hopes up really high, but after sleeping on it, I won't believe anything until there's an announcement on July 1.

Just a bunch of people trying to be the first to make what could be an obvious call imo.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
So I think the most prevalent rumor involving our $6M guys being moved is Hall for Hamonic + Strome + 1st. Then Lucic and Demers are rumored to have agreed to sign here. So putting these pieces together how many people would have an issue if our roster looked like this on the season opener:

Lucic - McDavid - Strome
Pouliot - RNH - Eberle

Klefbom - Hamonic
Sekera - Demers
Davidson - Gryba/Fayne

Talbot
TBD

Do you know how it works in terms of cap?

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
It's kind of amazing to me how many posters seem to have forgotten how bad the majority of this team was down the stretch. PGTs down the stretch primarily consisted of 'blow it all up' posts, and now we've hit the point where some seem to think adding Demers and calling it a day is actually a solution that will lead to success. This team needs a big change that will shake things up big time, no more putting bandaids on bullet wounds.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013

I think he's in the bag. He stepped foot in the new arena. It's over. He's ours. No one can resist the call of Roger's.:sarcasm:

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto

Lucic - McDavid - Strome
Pouliot - RNH - Eberle

Klefbom - Hamonic
Sekera - Demers
Davidson - Gryba/Fayne

Talbot
TBD

I don't think we should go for Hamonic if we land Demers. We'd still need a PPQB.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
It's kind of amazing to me how many posters seem to have forgotten how bad the majority of this team was down the stretch. PGTs down the stretch primarily consisted of 'blow it all up' posts, and now we've hit the point where some seem to think adding Demers and calling it a day is actually a solution that will lead to success. This team needs a big change that will shake things up big time, no more putting bandaids on bullet wounds.

With half team injured including one of best players in league, some top 6 forwards, 2 top 4 D

ofcourse they have to get D. But we could see big improvement from a semi healthy roster

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
I'd be so pissed about all this.

THEN WHY DID I SPEND SO MUCH TIME WATCHING ALL THOSE LUCIC VIDEOS HUH??!?!?

:laugh: I've definitely got this problem with Subban. After the few rumours that Subban to Edmonton might happen before the draft, I unwisely binged on Subban highlights. Now I remain annoyed that nothing happened.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

I don't exactly see that anywhere on here.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Untitled.jpg

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Also kind of thankful for that Jones deal. Pissed we could OS him, but perhaps it just creates more friction between Barrie and Roy and forces him to deal Barrie. Same with Lindholm in Anahiem

Just keep them unsigned till July 1st

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Do you know how it works in terms of cap?

Obviously had to guess what some of the individuals would sign for, but it looks like it would roughly cost $75.25M, so $2.25M over the cap, if we just bribed a team to take Fayne though it would put us under. That line-up also assumed Yak was traded for something that doesn't directly affect our salary cap for next season.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Man people just want to dump on the oilers. It doesn't matter what the Oilers do, the media does nothing but pile on. I don't get how they can say "The Oilers have too many of the same type of player" and that we need to get "bigger and stronger up front" yet are so against the Lucic signing. Lucic would help rebuild the identity of this team, make us tougher to play against and help show what it takes to win.

The comparisons to clarkson are ridiculous. Lucic is only 28 and out up 55 points while sporting a +26. He is one of the most unique players in the NHL. He addresses a huge need and would be a huge signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad