Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | OILERS Edition, Flames Talk Stays in the Out of Town Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
well our top 5 are locked in more or less

Nurse
Bouchard
Kulak
Barrie
Ceci

with Triple K, Broberg and Murrey trying for 6/7

I wonder how Dmitri Samorukov and Markus Niemelainen are feeling right now. I am higher on both then some around here and I was hoping one would break camp with the team this fall
Deslauriers is another guy that intrigues me. I wonder if he'll turn into something before long. From what I've heard, he's a fair bit like Niemelainen.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
And Stauffer just confirmed it now LOL. Next couple hours, a Dman who has played #4-5 before who was highly touted and then said "you can pretty much guess who it is"
Something has to give. This will put them over the salary cap. They still need to sign McLeod.

I think this means bare minimum that Derek Ryan, Broberg, Desharnais and Koekkoek start in the minors unless a trade happens. Then they run 11-7.

Last edited:

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Something has to give. This will put them over the salary cap. They still need to sign McLeod.

I think this means bare minimum that Derek Ryan, Broberg, Desharnais and Koekkoek start in the minors unless a trade happens. Then they run 11-7.
Broberg and Holloway will be on the opening day roster. If not they cost us their full amount including bonuses if we want to call them up during the year.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Broberg and Holloway will be on the opening day roster. If not they cost us their full amount including bonuses if we want to call them up during the year.

Does that mean they have to play opening night or can they be sent down immediately after submitting the opening day roster?

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005

Agreed on Holloway.

Capfriendly currently have the Oilers at $82.5 Million. Right at the top of the Salary cap. They have 11 forwards signed. Holloway will replace Shore. They still need to sign McLeod. That's why Derek Ryan has to go down to make room for McLeod. That leaves then 11 forwards.

Samorukov is the only D-man not Waiver exempt. Do you think Broberg will hit his bonuses? Are they hard to obtain? Send down Koekkoek and only keep Samorukov and the Oilers run 7 D-men. 11F - 7D - 2G.

20 man roster.

That will leave them Cap compliant.

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
Whether or not it's insured only matters to Katz' pocketbook, no?
True, and only for one more year.

Deslauriers is another guy that intrigues me. I wonder if he'll turn into something before long. From what I've heard, he's a fair bit like Niemelainen.
Guy keeps breaking expectations and moving forward. He may well make it to the big show ( Vincent Desharnais) ;)

OilynutEsquire

Sep 24, 2021
Add Sprong and Virtanen
Trade Foegele for Bishop
Sign McLeod

Kane-McDavid-Yamamoto
Hyman-Draisaitl-Puljujarvi
Holloway-Nuge-Sprong
Janmark-McLeod-Virtanen

Nurse-Ceci
Kulak-Bouchard
Murray-Barrie
Samorukov

Campbell
Skinner

I would give Holland an A+ offseason if he could get it done.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Koekkoek had some personal issues when he went to Bakersfield (which as far as I know were never talked about or revealed).

I don't even know if 4K is really in the Oilers plans at this stage which might be another reason they added Murray... just to have another vet dman body in the system if Sammy/Broberg/Niemo turn out to be pretty poor in the #6 roles they'll be getting throughout this season.

They need a decent LHD for that 3rd pairing... your #6 dman is probably going to play 13-15 minutes a night (based on ice times that Neimo/Broberg/Russell got last season)... so you need a decently dependable dman in that spot.

It's not like a #12 forward who basically will play less than 10 minutes a night and isn't going to have as big an impact on the games... whereas a dman who shits the bed is almost certainly going to result in goals against on the scoreboard.

Reactions: oilers'72

Rengorlex

Aug 25, 2021
WTF do these numbers even mean. "44,90" -0,73. This isn't even numerical notation of any discernible type and theres no indication what the columns mean or what these heiroglyphic *numbers* mean.

Oh look Draisaitl is 48/8^&#*/238-23. Oh wow...

Some turds name a site "Clear site analytics" and then proceed to pump out indecipherable gibberish. Maybe it could be called "unclear nonsense to waste your time"
Oh, come on. NHL teams use that data, it's a respected private analytics company.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Kane-McDavid-Puljujarvi
RNH-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
Holloway-McLeod-Petrov
Foegel-Janmark-Ryan

Nurse-Ceci
Kulak-Bouchard
Murray-Barrie
Samorukov

Campbell
Skinner

PP1
Petrov-McDavid-Draisaitl
RNH-Barrie

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
I like Nemo but him not being waiver eligible makes it a tough go with Sammy needing waivers to go down. Only ways I see Nemo as the 7D to start is (aside from injuries), Sammy has a horrible camp or is traded

I see the opening D lineup as:

Nurse - Ceci
Kulak - Bouchard
Murray - Barrie
Samorukov
Didnt realize Niem was still waiver exempt. Changes things considerably.

If Niem doesn't get a lot of NHL games this year, which since he is exempt I don't expect at least he should get some good AHL time. Whether Broberg or Niems that development time is valuable. I hope neither is sitting in the stands much this year.

Make this year most important for Sammy I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad