Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | OILERS Edition, Flames Talk Stays in the Out of Town Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I know that things have been quiet on our end lately, but ffs keep the Flames talk out of this thread. Patrick Kane has been mentioned and you have to scour through page after page to see wtf is being said because the last thread was taken OT with Flames nut hugging. HF Flames is here for those of you that want to continuously heap praise on Treliving for doing his best to keep his team competitive after getting stomped in 5 by the Oilers and having Lil' Johnny and Turtle boy want out.

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
The worst thing I've read about Patrick Kane is that he hit a 62 year old taxi driver over 20 cents years ago.

But I don't know what was happening in his life to warrant that type of behavior at that time.
I hope he apologized.

Now, P.Kane as a player.

He is one of the best in the game.

Ask me 10 years ago that the Oilers would be in the Running for one of the top RWs in the game.

I wouldn't believe it.

I think the only way it happens is if P.Kane believes he can win a cup with us.

And both GM's believe they are getting a good deal in a return.

Will it happen?
I have no clue. I already thought we had Grade A offseason.
If they are able to get P.Kane and stay under the cap.

That is a S Class offseason in my opinion.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Agreed! Who gives a f*** about the vanquished enemies from down south and their sad franchise. McD destroyed them once, he’ll do it again.

Let’s focus on how to make our team a Cup contender. Yes to Kessel. Yes to Kane (and yes, it’s possible). Holland needs to make one big move here as hinted by Stauffer and that Cup will be within reach.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
@Nuge the tax assumption you are making is incorrect. He would be paying Canadian taxes as he is working here and making his primary residence here (he will be here longer than the residency requirement allows). He would also need to obtain a work visa which would deduct taxes in Canada. He would also have to file with the IRS to get US tax exemption so he isn’t taxed twice. Luckily, his pay this year is quite low- so how much he took home wouldn’t bring a big deal for him

As a Canadian playing in Canada (this is off topic) the taxes are comparable to any place in the US. The US tax advantage is pure BS. Without getting into Canadian tax structure, there are several tax havens and shelters that can be set up (hence why players in Canada have large bonus structure- it’s a tax reason)- Allan Walsh explained this topic the best in layman’s terms- Im sure folks can google it.

Reactions: oilers'72

xoczar99ox

Oct 8, 2019
Is there actual legit rumours of P. Kane to Edmonton or is this speculative dreaming from a reporter gone viral here?

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016
No way the league would allow a top six combos that start with

E. Kane McDavid JP
P. Kane Drai Yamo

Plus, Mcleod skating circles and Nuge getting silly causing chaos like this on the 3rd line?

Last edited:

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016
Would MacLeod and Nuge work on the same line?

Can't recall if that was tried at one point but, I believe it can probably work. Mcleod has to play center because he commands the ice much better with his speed and ability to transition the puck. Nuge has played wing a few times and can pass the puck with the best of them. They would require Benjamin Franklin on RW though, luckily we have just the right one in the system; Xavier Boargault, the boy is straight cash! Wouldn't be surprised if he makes it straight out of camp. He doesn't make mistakes when the puck is on his stick in prime opportunities.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Can't recall if that was tried at one point but, I believe it can probably work. Mcleod has to play center because he commands the ice much better with his speed and ability to transition the puck. Nuge has played wing a few times and can pass the puck with the best of them. They would require Benjamin Franklin on RW though, luckily we have just the right one in the system; Xavier Boargault, the boy is straight cash! Wouldn't be surprised if he makes it straight out of camp. He doesn't make mistakes when the puck is on his stick in prime opportunities.
XB hasnt even touched AHL, but seems to be more skilled than Holloway.
If he hits it it would solve a lot of problems. But I doubt. There are just to few defensive responsible defenders at the back. If not Samurukov and Niemilainen is money. But it hasnt showed. Samurukov may do a Bear, and showing promise again. But as I said, I doubt that.

I would like a MacLeod Nuge Borgeault line, but there is not fiestyness there.
And we cant staple just trash to leon, give him at least Hyman.
After all, I think
Kane McDavid Borgenault
Hyman Leon Yamamoto
Järnmark Nuge Puljujärvi
Holloway MacLeod Fogele/Ryan

Fogele or Ryan traded or waived.

And I dont like though a Nurse - Bouchard pairing. Or a Broberg - Bouchard pairing.
Nurse - Barrie ...ouch
Broberg - Ceci
Kulak - Bouchard

Darkwinter

Apr 4, 2010
I know that things have been quiet on our end lately, but ffs keep the Flames talk out of this thread. Patrick Kane has been mentioned and you have to scour through page after page to see wtf is being said because the last thread was taken OT with Flames nut hugging. HF Flames is here for those of you that want to continuously heap praise on Treliving for doing his best to keep his team competitive after getting stomped in 5 by the Oilers and having Lil' Johnny and Turtle boy want out.
Good call.Thought I was in Calgarypuck for a few hrs yesterday with all the flames talk

Jamie

Mar 2, 2002
Victoria, BC
Visit site
Kane at 50% retained

for

Foegele, Barrie, Puljujarvi

Oilers sign Kessel and Subban to minimum 1 year deals with bonuses.

Pulju is pretty nice chip for Chicago to move forward with, along with couple useful vets to fill the lineup.

Seems straight forward to me at least :)

EDIT: Lines!

Kane-McDavid-Kane
Hyman-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
Janmark-RNH-Kessel
Shore-McLeod-Ryan/Borgeault

Nurse-Ceci
Kulak-Bouchard
Broberg-Subban

Last edited:
Reactions: OilynutEsquire

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
I really wonder when the Oilers will actually go all in. I know holland doesn’t like to trade 1st rounders but I feel like we are in that window.

Kane at 50% retained

for

Foegele, Barrie, Puljujarvi

Oilers sign Kessel and Subban to minimum 1 year deals with bonuses.

Pulju is pretty nice chip for Chicago to move forward with, along with couple useful vets to fill the lineup.

Seems straight forward to me at least :)
Think you would need to add to that.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I really wonder when the Oilers will actually go all in. I know holland doesn’t like to trade 1st rounders but I feel like we are in that window.

Time is now for sure. Time to make some big in season adds, the team deserves it.

Jamie

Mar 2, 2002
Victoria, BC
Visit site

Sure, throw in 2023 1st or 2nd if that is needed to get er done. Not sure it would be if he's wanting out, but do what's needed.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
@Nuge the tax assumption you are making is incorrect. He would be paying Canadian taxes as he is working here and making his primary residence here (he will be here longer than the residency requirement allows). He would also need to obtain a work visa which would deduct taxes in Canada. He would also have to file with the IRS to get US tax exemption so he isn’t taxed twice. Luckily, his pay this year is quite low- so how much he took home wouldn’t bring a big deal for him

As a Canadian playing in Canada (this is off topic) the taxes are comparable to any place in the US. The US tax advantage is pure BS. Without getting into Canadian tax structure, there are several tax havens and shelters that can be set up (hence why players in Canada have large bonus structure- it’s a tax reason)- Allan Walsh explained this topic the best in layman’s terms- Im sure folks can google it.
The Allan Walsh article does a pretty good job of laying out how players playing in Canada can get creative to reduce their tax liability to levels similar to most American states. If he was living in the US (or elsewhere) during the off-season he could probably be out of Canada enough to sneak under the residency requirement. The problem for him (and other Canadian players) is that most of them spend their offseason in Canada and hold property in Canada, making it difficult to become a non-resident for tax purposes.

My fiancées and I are currently in the process of applying with the Bahamian government to become permanent residents so I’m pretty familiar with the requirements to become considered a non resident of Canada for tax purposes and the two biggest hurdles are the 183 day rules and satisfying requirements around primary residential ties. But like Walsh points out, there are plenty of options for athletes and other high net worth individuals and professionals to even out the tax plying field with most locations in the US.

Darkwinter

Apr 4, 2010
Starting to think Holland is going to make a couple more small tweaks to the lineup and that's it. If this year goes to sh** Then I could see him making a huge free-agent signing like Kane next off-season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad