Proposal: Rumors & Proposals Thread II | I Dealt The Word 'Trade' For A Thread Count. Discuss

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Perfect Human*

Hey Oilers' fans. I wanted to run by a trade proposal involving the Kings. Since the Oilers need veteran presence with stanley cup experience, and the Kings are looking to get younger, I was thinking of a trade of Jeff Carter and Dwight King for RNH and Yakopov.

The Oilers get a second line center that scores 20-30 goals regularly and is fast in Carter, and Dwight King, who is a 10-15 goal scorer, great on the cycle and defensively responsible winger. Kings, on the other hand, get two young players that have skill and upside with the proper development. Consider Carter/King and RNH/Yakopov have close to equal stats (with Carter being a more proven goal scorer), this seems like a fair hockey trade.

Thoughts?

I would take that trade for the Oil, heck ya. We need to start bringing in good vet top six fwds like Carter if we want tangible improvement in our top 2 lines. Right now there's too much inexperience. Tho there is talent, it's the blind leading the blind right now in the top 2 lines. King would be good for the third line as well.

ponokanocker

Nov 17, 2009
Carter is going to be on the decline and RNH on the rise or at least not declining. His past history in CLB is troubling as well. If we did the deal, i'd want a pick to even out the age issue and King being an upcoming UFA.

BigTime99

Mar 27, 2014
4OA for Bogosian + 8OV
Draft sergachev
Yak for wiz +2016 2nd
Fayne for bozak
Trade oilers 2017 1st + canes 2nd for vatenen
Sign Ufa brouwer

Hall-rnh-drai
Maroon-mcdavid-eberle
Pou-bozak-brouwer
Hendy-letestu-kassian
Lander/pak

Klef-vat
Sekera-bogo
Davidson-wiz

Talbot
Ufa backup

Ahl
Nurse-reinhart
Osterle

Chl
Sergachev

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
4OA for Bogosian + 8OV
Draft sergachev

Yak for wiz +2016 2nd
Fayne for bozak
Sign Ufa brouwer

Hall-rnh-drai
Maroon-mcdavid-eberle
Pou-bozak-brouwer
Hendy-letestu-kassian
Lander/pak

Klef-vat
Sekera-bogo
Davidson-wiz

Talbot
Ufa backup

Ahl
Nurse-reinhart
Osterle

Chl
Sergachev

The bolded deal I would do in a second. The rest is meh.

I am beginning to like Sergachev more and more.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
4OA for Bogosian + 8OV
Draft sergachev
Yak for wiz +2016 2nd
Fayne for bozak
Sign Ufa brouwer

Hall-rnh-drai
Maroon-mcdavid-eberle
Pou-bozak-brouwer
Hendy-letestu-kassian
Lander/pak

Klef-vat
Sekera-bogo
Davidson-wiz

Talbot
Ufa backup

Ahl
Nurse-reinhart
Osterle

Chl
Sergachev

I normally eye roll at proposals on here but these are fairly realistic and well thought out. Good job!

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
4OA for Bogosian + 8OV
Draft sergachev
Yak for wiz +2016 2nd
Fayne for bozak
Sign Ufa brouwer

Hall-rnh-drai
Maroon-mcdavid-eberle
Pou-bozak-brouwer
Hendy-letestu-kassian
Lander/pak

Klef-vat
Sekera-bogo
Davidson-wiz

Talbot
Ufa backup

Ahl
Nurse-reinhart
Osterle

Chl
Sergachev

I like how you're trying to accumulate depth but I will disagree on one thing.

I don't see Buffalo dealing Bogosian just to move up 4 spots and considering he's a possession blackhole, that's a hard pass from me.

McYoungGuns

Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton,Alberta
If you never take dmen in the 1st round good luck getting a top pairing guy. Theres a reason Edmonton's in this position and its because the only dman they took with a 1st round pick in ten years was Alex Plante.

Letang
Josi
Klingberg
Giordano
Byfuglien
Weber
Subban
Keith
Barrie
Yandle
Brodie
Markov
Muzzin
Vlasic
Faulk
Chara
Goligoski
Stralman
Boychuk
Hjalmarsson

lol theres more I'm just done, made my point already

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Letang
Josi
Klingberg
Giordano
Byfuglien
Weber
Subban
Keith
Barrie
Yandle
Brodie
Markov
Muzzin
Vlasic
Faulk
Chara
Goligoski
Stralman
Boychuk
Hjalmarsson

lol theres more I'm just done, made my point already
Doughty
Ekblad
Carlson
Karlsson
Petriangelo
Burns
Hedman
OEL

Just off the top of my head the list of 1st round picks is arguably more impressive.

McYoungGuns

Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton,Alberta
Doughty
Ekblad
Carlson
Karlsson
Petriangelo
Burns
Hedman
OEL

Just off the top of my head the list of 1st round picks is arguably more impressive.

which i agree with, but thats not the point, he said you will NEVER get a top pairing guy outside the first round, I can name some first round busts to counter your names, but thats not the point

Kalost

Jan 21, 2015
Hey Oilers' fans. I wanted to run by a trade proposal involving the Kings. Since the Oilers need veteran presence with stanley cup experience, and the Kings are looking to get younger, I was thinking of a trade of Jeff Carter and Dwight King for RNH and Yakopov.

The Oilers get a second line center that scores 20-30 goals regularly and is fast in Carter, and Dwight King, who is a 10-15 goal scorer, great on the cycle and defensively responsible winger. Kings, on the other hand, get two young players that have skill and upside with the proper development. Consider Carter/King and RNH/Yakopov have close to equal stats (with Carter being a more proven goal scorer), this seems like a fair hockey trade.

Thoughts?

deal is alright, but i would just prefer RNH over the long haul. These just are not the deals we need to be making, we need a #1 RHD

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
which i agree with, but thats not the point, he said you will NEVER get a top pairing guy outside the first round, I can name some first round busts to counter your names, but thats not the point
That's not what he said. He said it's less likely which I agree with. In the past 8-9 years most of the top D came from the higher picks. His exact words were "good luck" getting a top pair guy outside of the first round.

Young Lions*

May 27, 2015

Thoughts?

A King for Yak swap might be ok, but Carter is too old, signed too long and C is not a position of need. Pass.

ponokanocker

Nov 17, 2009
If we can't get a top pair D out of the 4th overall, do we trade back trying to get multiple 1st's to try to get D in this draft that will hopefully develop into 1 while not giving up good roster players? 4th overall plus our second for Arizona's 2 first seems about equal value. Would packaging Yakupov with 20 give us a shot to move up close to 10?

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Doughty
Ekblad
Carlson
Karlsson
Petriangelo
Burns
Hedman
OEL

Now lets dig up the guys picked in the 1st who aren't legit top pairing defensemen.

Like any position, it's a complete crap-shoot.

You never know how they're going to look at 24, which is why you ALWAYS PICK BPA at the top of the first. If you don't, trade down.

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba
Hall-RNH-Draisaitl
Pouliot-McDavid-Eberle
Maroon-Bozak-Wingels
Hendricks-Khaira-Kassian
Letestu Pakarinen

Klefbom-Barrie
Sekera-Demers
Davidson-Nurse
Gryba

Talbot
Ramo

Fayne+ for Bozak
Trade Yak for 2 2nds
Wingels for edm 3rd
4th overall for Barrie
Sign Demers 4x 4.7
Sign Ramo 2x 2.2

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Hall-RNH-Draisaitl
Pouliot-McDavid-Eberle
Maroon-Bozak-Wingels
Hendricks-Khaira-Kassian
Letestu Pakarinen

Klefbom-Barrie
Sekera-Demers
Davidson-Nurse
Gryba

Talbot
Ramo

Fayne+ for Bozak
Trade Yak for 2 2nds
Wingels for edm 3rd
4th overall for Barrie
Sign Demers 4x 4.7
Sign Ramo 2x 2.2

I don't mind it but if Barrie wants 6+ a year it doesn't leave the Oilers any chance to upgrade the Defense in the coming years. I guess you just pray Klefbom or Nurse develop into a #1 in that case.

Also the top 6 is still butter soft and will struggle to score against big strong teams that limit chances off the rush.

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba
I don't mind it but if Barrie wants 6+ a year it doesn't leave the Oilers any chance to upgrade the Defense in the coming years. I guess you just pray Klefbom or Nurse develop into a #1 in that case.

Also the top 6 is still butter soft and will struggle to score against big strong teams that limit chances off the rush.

I don't think Barrie will be able to get 6+ a year, he may start out at 6.5 and oilers may start at 4 and it could settle at around 5.

Hall-RNH-Draisaitl were great on the cycle when they played together. You can also plug Maroon in for Pouliot if you want, but I prefer Pouliot. Having Eberle back isn't ideal but this team needs a right handed scorer and those dreams died at the draft lottery.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
He won't get over 6. Players always start high, it's called negotiating. Trouba is reportable asking for 7m, he won't get it. Barrie will be in the 5-5.8 m range.

Barrie would be mostly UFA years on his next deal though. 6-7 is very reasonable for that reason. I don't buy that Trouba is looking for that much either, since in his case a comparable might be a fellow RFA like Hamilton, who got 5.5 AAV.

For Barrie, Doughty's 7 and the 6.5 deals for Karlsson and Pietrangelo aren't comparable because they were RFA. The cap circumventing deals on Suter or Weber or Keith aren't comparables either since their actual salary is so high.

We are looking at a new wave UFA deals. Subban just got 9 million AAV off his bridge deal because of all the UFA years. Barrie is obviously worth less, but he's got to be worth more than 6 and definitely worth more than the 5.5 that high end RFAs are getting.

Last edited:

Bangers

May 31, 2006
Even if Jeff Carter weren't a declining player at this stage, there's no way in Dante's 7 levels of hell I'd trade for the player after watching him pout/half-arse his way out of Columbus.

How do you think he'd react to being traded from LA to Edmonton?

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba
Barrie would be mostly UFA years on his next deal though. 6-7 is very reasonable for that reason. I don't buy that Trouba is looking for that much either, since in his case a comparable might be a fellow RFA like Hamilton, who got 5.5 AAV.

For Barrie, Doughty's 7 and the 6.5 deals for Karlsson and Pietrangelo aren't comparable. The cap circumventing deals on Suter or Weber or Keith aren't comparables either.

We are looking at a new wave UFA deals. Subban just got 9 million AAV off his bridge deal because of all the UFA years. Barrie is obviously worth less, but he's got to be worth more than 6 and definitely worth more than the 5.5 that high end RFAs are getting.

Morgan Reilly just got 5m, there's no way Barrie can get 6+

McWeber

Mouthbreather
Jul 14, 2015
Lethbridge
As much as I like Barrie if Ryan Ellis could be had for a similar price I think he would be a better target. Much cheaper and would likely resign here, has had to play 1 RD before when Weber was out and did fine. Similar age and has played with Hall in junior. If you put him in the exact same role you would Barrie I wouldn't be surprised to see him put up the same numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad