Rumor: Rumors & Proposals: I love the smell of fresh rumors in the morning

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Thomas Vanek being bought out by Minnesota. Pure shooter. Could see him excel on a line with McDavid as a trigger man. Could come cheap. He's not a terrible player (50 points and 40 points past two seasons) but he has some issues. On a good contract he could be a steal. Great PP right handed shot who can one time a puck.

Please no.

Last 3 seasons he's 46-48% possession player despite a VERY heavy offensive zonestart tilt. He bad. I'd honestly rather take Purcell back.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
While id love to have Nurse and Subban on same team. My ideal chain of events tonight

LD + Nurse + 4th for Subban + 9th

9th + Eberle for Hamonic + 19th

Klefbom-Subban
Sekera-Hamonic

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
Not sure if it counts for anything but an hour ago there was a headline on my tsn app that came from dreger saying something like "Subban unlikely to be traded" which has now been deleted. (unless the headline title was changed?)

EVERYONE is pretty much saying the Subban thing is over.

if HF can catch up with reality it would be great.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
I could also live with say, Demers + Orlov if it didnt mean any other dumb trades, like Hall for Hamonic ++++(times 100)

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Why not draft a defensmen and trade for a winger. my as well wait for the defence to develop then draft a winger we could aquire for a lot cheaper since apparently they have the least value.

This! Draft Sergachev, sign Lucic. Trade Nurse, Pouliot and next years 1st for Trouba.

ScoreGoalsPlease

Now with 35% more optimism!*
Jun 20, 2015
Yamamotors Inc.
Thomas Vanek being bought out by Minnesota. Pure shooter. Could see him excel on a line with McDavid as a trigger man. Could come cheap. He's not a terrible player (50 points and 40 points past two seasons) but he has some issues. On a good contract he could be a steal. Great PP right handed shot who can one time a puck.

That would be hilarious. We dodge a bullet that would have left us paying him the moon until 2014 only to have him sign on for a couple million. Vanek is not the answer for us though, steer clear.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
ROFL someone on Oilers Now, his name is Rob driving on Highway 2 saying Hall + 4th for Hamilton + 2nd Round Pick if needed to be thrown in :laugh:

LOL the next caller "I got a trade for that Flame tool, Talbot for 6th, Gaudreau and Hamilton since you need a goalie, what a tool" LOLOL :laugh:

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
EVERYONE is pretty much saying the Subban thing is over.

if HF can catch up with reality it would be great.

Yeah Subban being dealt is probably 0.1% chance of happening. I think hes available but for too big of an overpay

Ill speculate Bergis asking Hall + 4th + Klefbom and Chiarelli is offering LD + 4th

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
This! Draft Sergachev, sign Lucic. Trade Nurse, Pouliot and next years 1st for Trouba.

FFS we GET IT!!!! you like serg and want to have his babies. WE GET IT.

its not happening.

ugh. Draft cant come fast enough. just pick at 4 and shut everybody up. Its gonna be Tkachuk or Dubois.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Hamonic isn't available. And which RHD are you going to get for 4.2? Demers probably doesn't go for that low.

But if that happens I'd be thrilled.

But people keep saying that there are all these alternative options available and we should wait for the right one. What if the right one isn't there?

Lovejoy...

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions

I'd be down for Vanek if Ebs is moved for a defenseman. Good candidate to bounce back imo.

nullmeatbag

Jun 16, 2009
4th for Hamonic. Sign a 4.2 million dollar RHD. Works out to the same cap hit as one Subban but we get to keep Drai and Klefbom/Nurse.

Agreed. Though I don't see any good RD that would sign for 4.2.

I'd tweak that plan a bit and do Eberle for Hamonic (Snow has finally admitted what everyone knows that he is looking for a top-six guy), and use the 4th to land another D from a cash-strapped team (Fowler, Shattenkirk (recoup some assets if he doesn't re-sign)). Time to go big.

Unless Puljujarvi drops - then you take him at 4 and overpay slightly for a RD with Eberle as the main piece.

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
It's actually a big bummer that Speedy Turtle never returned. Even if we don't get anything today, I hope they're back in the future

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
ROFL someone on Oilers Now, his name is Rob driving on Highway 2 saying Hall + 4th for Hamilton + 2nd Round Pick if needed to be thrown in :laugh:

LOL the next caller "I got a trade for that Flame tool, Talbot for 6th, Gaudreau and Hamilton since you need a goalie, what a tool" LOLOL :laugh:

The other Calgary site legitmately believes hall + 4th for Hamilton is what is going to happen. Not even one or 2 delusional posters. That is the concensus

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW

...what?

Personally I hope we land PK, but very much doubt it happens. I too think a Hamonic/Hamilton/Demers/Severson two-some are more likely.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

:laugh: Flames fans are clueless. We all saw what a turnstile Hamilton was to start the season. He got a bit better as the year went on but I'd say he topped out as average in his own zone.

I wouldn't touch 4th for him straight up. No way. If they're willing to send a 'supposed' #3 RHD with 'supposed' #1 potential and 'supposedly' elite offense to a division rival at a 'supposedly' fair price, red flags, alarm bells, and the Star Trek red alert noise are all going off in my head.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
If we walk away from today with with Demers signed 5years at $5 million Chiarelli will be a bigger villian than Pocklington.

Hamonic, Subban, Hamilton absolutely must be coming here today or its been a total disaster of a day.

Subban is on the front page of the Sun for gods sake.

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
Guys, relax.

It's pretty clear Chiarelli has many balls in the air. I think we'd all be disappointed if we don't have a new defenseman by the end of the weekend, but lots can still happen between now and early July.

this is probably the best advice. chances are PC walks to mic tonight and picks Tkachuk. it will be interesting if he picks Dubois, however.

I was hopeful for about 18 hours, but I'm back to expecting not much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce