Rumor: Rumors & Proposals: I love the smell of fresh rumors in the morning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
You guys are right about getting your stud in round 2+, but when you don't draft and develop any top 2 guys for the past 10+ years, the way you have to get them has to change if you want to start competing.

Not to mention guys taken in the 2nd round that do turn out usually take A LOT longer then guys taken early in the draft that turn out. I mean how long did it take Doughty, OEL, Pietrangelo, Lindholm, Karlsson, Ekblad, Hedman? Hedman took the longest and I'd say it took him what 4 years. Look how long it took Duncan Keith to become Duncan Keith, or Chara to Become Chara.

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
If Oilers select another winger and don't trade for an impactful defensmen then I give up with this team. After 10 years and they still don't understand you have to have a balanced core then they never will.

they need to trade a core piece out...one of the 6M guys

ScoreGoalsPlease

Now with 35% more optimism!*
Jun 20, 2015
Yamamotors Inc.
Percent chance that Oilers Now says Subban lands in Edmonton: Stauffer says 1%, Spector says 20%

The same guy that seemingly has a bone for Wideman should be taken with a gigantic grain of salt. Listening to Stauffer is amusing at best. I refuse to believe he is adding anything of truth or substance and I will wait for what happens, to happen.

Jeff Lebowski

Jan 12, 2008
Bob Stauffer thinks "1% chance" Subban ends up in Edmonton lol.
Spec gave it a 20% chance but laughed and said he didn't know.

But to be honest, him and Spec seem to just be spitballing. Doesn't sound like either of them have been given any insight at this time.

Stauffer has probably been told to temper fan expectations as it's not helping Chiarelli's negotiations.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
:shakehead

What depth are we losing there? What holes are being created? We've got a bunch of LHD on the team and coming down the pipe. We've got our top 6 LW set for the next four years. And we have two first overall picks down the middle. Adding a top D man puts us in a position to step forward and contend in the near term, the polar opposite of a rebuild.

Jesus H Christ you guys, trading picks/prospects (and yeah, Drai is still very much a prospect) in areas where we're strong for established talent to fill roster weaknesses is exactly what we should be doing at this stage, not clinging to more futures like Gollum holding onto the One Ring.

If that's the case, why not just OS Lindholm? I rather lose the next 2-4 1sts than lose Drai+4th+Klef++

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
If Oilers select another winger and don't trade for an impactful defensmen then I give up with this team. After 10 years and they still don't understand you have to have a balanced core then they never will.

Why can't they select a winger AND trade for a dman? If the subban deal doesnt work, I'm gauging by the comments from Chia that he will fix the D by moving out current valuable assets (6m contract)

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Literally NOTHING informative on Oilers Now. Spector and Stauffer just seem like outsiders today.

Agreed. There is nothing going on on the show at all. They have nothing but meaningless speculation. Very disappointing. I'll stick to twitter for my news the rest of the day.

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
Why can't they select a winger AND trade for a dman? If the subban deal doesnt work, I'm gauging by the comments from Chia that he will fix the D by moving out current valuable assets (6m contract)

exactly. people have no rationale.

btw...these asinine posts are making me feel like McL in your avatar. Facepalming at all these birds who talk like they will jump off a roof.

like calm down

weirdos

McBrom7

FIRE IT UP!!
Jun 26, 2012
I think it's pretty safe to say that Subban isn't the only iron Chiarelli has in the fire right now. This will probably go right down to 'With the 4th overall pick, Edmonton is on the clock'.

I'm just hoping this Subban business hasn't distracted us from other possible moves. Bet Anaheim would add significantly to Fowler for 4, what with Murray's 'I want a high end LW' talk.

This is probably the case as if Puljujärvi falls to 4 then some things change. Although if it's me I don't really care either way, I still trade the pick for Subban. Which sucks because you need 9 to get Hamonic too, so nothing will happen till later tonight IMO.

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
Guys, relax.

It's pretty clear Chiarelli has many balls in the air. I think we'd all be disappointed if we don't have a new defenseman by the end of the weekend, but lots can still happen between now and early July.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Agreed. There is nothing going on on the show at all. They have nothing but meaningless speculation. Very disappointing. I'll stick to twitter for my news the rest of the day.

Chiarelli is more concerned with getting **** done than pandering either to us or to the likes of Stauffer and Spector.

Probably along the lines of 'F off, I'm busy, we'll talk after the 1st round'

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North

I'm just shocked Stauffer hasn't even peeped a word about any OTHER deals that could potentially be an interest to the Oilers. He's talking on his show like he does everyday. Just awful.

Macblender

May 5, 2014
So if Ovechking is right on:

Drai+4th+Nurse for Subban+9th
9th+Yak for Hamonic

Oilers 3rd for Wingels
Sign Jamie McGinn

Hall-RNH-XXX
Pou-McD-Eberle
Maroon-Wingels-McGinn
Hendriks-Letestu-Kassian

Klef-Subban
Sekera-Hamonic
Davidson-Reinhart

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Guys, relax.

It's pretty clear Chiarelli has many balls in the air. I think we'd all be disappointed if we don't have a new defenseman by the end of the weekend, but lots can still happen between now and early July.

People said this last year and then we were left scrambling for players during the summer. The deals just never came :(

Oilception

Oct 11, 2012
St. Albert
So if Ovechking is right on:

Drai+4th+Nurse for Subban+9th
9th+Yak for Hamonic

Oilers 3rd for Wingels
Sign Jamie McGinn

Hall-RNH-XXX
Pou-McD-Eberle
Maroon-Wingels-McGinn
Hendriks-Letestu-Kassian

Klef-Subban
Sekera-Hamonic
Davidson-Reinhart

I could get behind this roster

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Well boys and girls, I'm heading off to the draft shortly. I wish I could post live from it, but roaming charges will be nuts. If Montreal and Edmonton make the trade, you'll probably see me in the 200's next to a very upset Habs fan (buddy of mine).

Really stoked. I won't have twitter going so any trades that happen will be a shock. The only speculation I'll have to go on before then is who I see talking to who on the draft floor.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Guys, relax.

He needs to grab those balls, grasp them and pull out a trade for a good dman soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad