Rumor: Rumors & Proposals: I love the smell of fresh rumors in the morning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I haven't been able to tune it yet today, any rumors I should know about?

McKenzie and Lebrun think it's unlikely Subban is moved. That's kind of it.

Mckenzie speculated if the Flames would deal Hamilton here for the 4th.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Guys, relax.

It's pretty clear Chiarelli has many balls in the air. I think we'd all be disappointed if we don't have a new defenseman by the end of the weekend, but lots can still happen between now and early July.

I feel like I've heard this before.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
McKenzie and Lebrun think it's unlikely Subban is moved. That's kind of it.

Mckenzie speculated if the Flames would deal Hamilton here for the 4th.

It's been pretty clear that Chiarelli doesn't want to do any deal that leaves him without a first rounder.

It would have to be Hamilton and 6 for 4 and something.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Well boys and girls, I'm heading off to the draft shortly. I wish I could post live from it, but roaming charges will be nuts. If Montreal and Edmonton make the trade, you'll probably see me in the 200's next to a very upset Habs fan (buddy of mine).

Really stoked. I won't have twitter going so any trades that happen will be a shock. The only speculation I'll have to go on before then is who I see talking to who on the draft floor.

Grab masking tape with you and if we get Subban, tape Subban's name to your back of an Oilers jersey and show it on TSN. I wanna see it :laugh:

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Also before I go, please dont go crazy around here if we dont land Subban.

We've heard rumours around Drai +4th, but for all we know, maybe they want something crazy like Hall + on top of that.

I'm reasonably confident that Chiarelli will address the defense in a meaningful way ;)

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
The same guy that seemingly has a bone for Wideman should be taken with a gigantic grain of salt. Listening to Stauffer is amusing at best. I refuse to believe he is adding anything of truth or substance and I will wait for what happens, to happen.

Wideman definitely helps us out if we can get him cheap and nothing else is out there. Definitely don't like it, but these high level dmen usually don't get traded.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North

We've heard rumours around Drai +4th, but for all we know, maybe they want something crazy like Hall + on top of that.

I'm reasonably confident that Chiarelli will address the defense in a meaningful way ;)

Oilers sign Corey Potter to 3 years 4.5M per and Kurtis Foster to 5 years 5.5M per.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Grab masking tape with you and if we get Subban, tape Subban's name to your back of an Oilers jersey and show it on TSN. I wanna see it :laugh:

I'm going to bring a sign that says "Welcome to Edmonton" the bottom part is left blank for now, and I'll add in a name accordingly

North

Jun 25, 2009
Wideman definitely helps us out if we can get him cheap and nothing else is out there. Definitely don't like it, but these high level dmen usually don't get traded.

Wideman is a stop gap and not something Chiarelli is interested in.

CM4

Oct 31, 2013
Edmonton
Why can't they select a winger AND trade for a dman? If the subban deal doesnt work, I'm gauging by the comments from Chia that he will fix the D by moving out current valuable assets (6m contract)

Why not draft a defensmen and trade for a winger. my as well wait for the defence to develop then draft a winger we could aquire for a lot cheaper since apparently they have the least value.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Thomas Vanek being bought out by Minnesota. Pure shooter. Could see him excel on a line with McDavid as a trigger man. Could come cheap. He's not a terrible player (50 points and 40 points past two seasons) but he has some issues. On a good contract he could be a steal. Great PP right handed shot who can one time a puck.

ponokanocker

Nov 17, 2009
So if Ovechking is right on:

Drai+4th+Nurse for Subban+9th
9th+Yak for Hamonic

Oilers 3rd for Wingels
Sign Jamie McGinn

Hall-RNH-XXX
Pou-McD-Eberle
Maroon-Wingels-McGinn
Hendriks-Letestu-Kassian

Klef-Subban
Sekera-Hamonic
Davidson-Reinhart

Looks great to me.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
4th for Hamonic. Sign a 4.2 million dollar RHD. Works out to the same cap hit as one Subban but we get to keep Drai and Klefbom/Nurse.

Hamonic isn't available. And which RHD are you going to get for 4.2? Demers probably doesn't go for that low.

But if that happens I'd be thrilled.

But people keep saying that there are all these alternative options available and we should wait for the right one. What if the right one isn't there?

PumpkinBombX

Jan 29, 2009
Not sure if it counts for anything but an hour ago there was a headline on my tsn app that came from dreger saying something like "Subban unlikely to be traded" which has now been deleted. (unless the headline title was changed?)

I noticed because when i read it i thought "man he is going to look so bad if it actually happens. (Which i've seen happen to dreger a lot since the last lockout and he's came across looking like an ass)

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
You know, watching the interview with Chiarelli again, I wouldn't be surprised to see Chiarelli out of no where makes a trade for a defenceman like Hedman and no one saw it coming LOL. WOnder how the insiders would feel if that happened :laugh:

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking

I'll be ecstatic not to have overspent on that fish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad