Proposal: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Throw Connor a Frickin Bone Ken!

Status
Not open for further replies.

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Based on what?

Statistically, he'd very clearly be the second best rightie on this team.
Statistically? Have you ever watched the guy? He's a klutz defensively.

Why are people so focused on puck movers and point producers on defense? You need guys back there who can do the grunt work as well. Where would Severson even fit a year from now?

Odd rumor.

Reactions: Anarchism

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Statistically? Have you ever watched the guy? He's a klutz defensively.

Why are people so focused on puck movers and point producers on defense? You need guys back there who can do the grunt work as well. Where would Severson even fit a year from now?

Odd rumor.

A klutz defensively with better defensive metrics than our "defensive defensemen".

Puck-moving makes far more of an impact than breaking up cycles and blocking shots.

Klefbom would thrive with a puck-mover on his pairing.

Reactions: Little Fury

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
A klutz defensively with better defensive metrics than our "defensive defensemen".

Puck-moving makes far more of an impact than breaking up cycles and blocking shots.

Klefbom would thrive with a puck-mover on his pairing.
I follow Jersey....Belair is right ...there are times when Severson is a Klutz with a capital K....but he is improving...some game you think he is great and some ....its bad.....

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Maybe if you're the Oilers, Re: Severson, you have better assets to acquire him from the Devils, but you flip him to the Leafs to get a Kerfoot or Kapanen (or whatever), while keeping your blueline in tack. Or flip him and Benning to get more out of the leafs? Not sure, not impossible. Seems more likely then acquiring Severson for the Oilers.

jeg

Jun 16, 2015
So is it feasible to think we could move
Larsson for Kapanen
and
Pulj and 3rd for Vatanen
or Perhaps
1st, Pulj, Russel for Risto

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada

Yeah, I'm not really buying these metrics the way people interpret them. We have a RD on this team who routinely shows these solid metrics yet regularly sees around 12 minutes a game. Meanwhile guys like Larsson and Russell who have terrible ones are the players who can see up to 24 minutes some nights.

There's more to the game than these statistics provide.

I've seen plenty of Severson. I've never come away impressed with any facet of his game.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Risto would definitely not be a great target.

Despite being an offensive defenseman, he's pretty close to the worst puck-mover in the league.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
No idea why a team that actually has bodies on the blueline is looking at sending assets out for d-man when the forward depth is by far the worst in the league.

Reactions: Oilhawks

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
These kind of reports always make me think its just people in the media speculating about our team (who dont watch us), who think our defense is weak so we need to be in on every defenseman.
Exactly. Unless Klefbom is longer-term, we'd have no reason to be in the market for a defenseman. Even less likely to be in the market for a right-handed defenseman.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Yeah, I'm not really buying these metrics the way people interpret them. We have a RD on this team who routinely shows these solid metrics yet regularly sees around 12 minutes a game. Meanwhile guys like Larsson and Russell who have terrible ones are the players who can see up to 24 minutes some nights.

There's more to the game than these statistics provide.

I've seen plenty of Severson. I've never come away impressed with any facet of his game.

It's simple things like goals and chances against.

And he plays the most 5v5 minutes on the Devils, so this isn't a case of a player being sheltered like Benning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad