Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread: This is NOT the Hall for Larsson Thread (Read OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Oilers would have to add to Yakupov for either Petrovic or Pysyk IMO.

Yak and Musil for both is a laughable return for the Panthers.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
He looked like a real NHL defenseman with Sekera last year.

Anyone thinking Wiz/Schenn/Boyle/Wideman would be any better than Fayne is just deluding themselves.

Think it had more to do with the wake up call he had part way into the year. Think it's been confirmed he was just out of shape to start last year, and he looked it, he was slow and looked like he was just giving up on hockey. He was becoming one of those guys who just got complacent after getting his big pay day. But, he got the kick in the butt he needed with the demotion and looked like a legit top 4 guy in the last part of the year. If he has a good summer of training I think Sekera/Fayne could be a very good 2nd pairing for us.

We might not have seen the best version of Fayne yet in an Oiler uniform, maybe we'll get it next year if his head is back in the game 100%.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
I already started watching more Florida games last season and if Yak ends up there I'll just have to watch more!

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Getting Petrovic would be awesome as long as the price is right.

Don't see that happening tho. Florida rightly values this player and I don't think can afford to move him.

The Safe Play

Jul 8, 2011
Petrovic is 4th on their RHD depth chart, makes sense for them to trade for an upgrade somewhere else.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Pretty much like that yeah. Surprised that Neuvirth found success. The Oilers still have little need for him.

So then why is it impossible for Schenn to find success here especially if he's signed to a cheap deal? Jason Smith was a throwaway player for Toronto and did great here.

Neuvirth >>> Gustavsson so yeah we could use him.

Yakupov for Petrovic and a pick. Lowetide has an article about it.

So is it based on anything other than "this would make sense for both teams"?

oil Leaks

The Ultimate Decoy
Jul 5, 2011
What does it say? I can't seem to get the link to open.

Via Lowetide
Beer League Heroes: I got word late last night from a source close to the team that the Florida Panthers have contacted the Edmonton Oilers regarding Nail Yakupov. The rumoured trade is being built around Yakupov, right-handed dman Alex Petrovic and a draft pick or picks could be coming back to the Oilers as well. The Oilers have also been talking to Brandon Pirri’s camp, I imagine he’d be Yak’s replacement if the Panthers deal goes through
Not a fan tof trading Yak for Petrovic jmo

Last edited:

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Petrovic seems unlikely although the Panthers have some legit young d coming up.

Although I take Petrovic over Dumba and some other d that are getting mentioned.

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
Id only move Petrovic in a deal like this due to "losing" him in Exp draft. The RHD depth is there for Florida, but that doesn't mean they have to deal those guys away.

Yak COULD fit on a line with McCann and Bjugstad at centre, but that line scares me defensively. They better have the puck A LOT (anyone have hero chart on Yak?). Yaks ceiling would be Jagr replacement on 1st line with Huby and Barkov in two years time and maybe by the playoffs this year. That seems like pie in sky , but could be an option at less cost/term than other expensive options out there for Fla.

The Safe Play

Jul 8, 2011
It almost makes more sense for Florida to not move Petrovic and expose both Pysyk and Petrovic with the expectation whichever isn't taken is the 3 RHD.

If they trade for Yak they are certainly going 7/3 and protecting these players.

Barkov
Trocheck
Bjugstad
Smith
Huberdeau
Jokinen
Yakupov

Defence:
Yandle (NMC)
Ekblad
Demers

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
It seems you guys are missing the other part of this: Pirri.

For those that view the Hall trade as Lucic and Larsson for Hall, one could make a case that it's Pirri and Petrovic for Yakupov.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad