Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread: This is NOT the Hall for Larsson Thread (Read OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

samiam

Oct 4, 2010
Barring anything going down in July/August, would anyone be interested in signing Brandon Prust to a training camp PTO?
Extra sandpaper on the 4th line is never a bad thing.

OutForMilk

Feb 25, 2010
location, location
Barring anything going down in July/August, would anyone be interested in signing Brandon Prust to a training camp PTO?
Extra sandpaper on the 4th line is never a bad thing.

Aren't we already 'sandpapered up' this offseason? IMO, a RH 3/4th line center might make more sense, as opposed to a winger.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Yak, Reinhart, Fayne, 2017 1st for Edler, Hansen, 2017 3rd (if Benning hasn't already traded it away.)

Sign Luke Schenn

Lucic McDavid Eberle
Maroon RNH Puljujarvi
Pouliot Draisaitl Hansen
Hendricks Letestu Kassian
Lander Pakarinen

Klefbom Larsson
Edler Sekera
Davidson Schenn
Oesterle

Talbot
Gustavsson

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Aren't we already 'sandpapered up' this offseason? IMO, a RH 3/4th line center might make more sense, as opposed to a winger.

As a 12/13/14 guy, it doesn't hurt. He's also someone who used to play on the PK a fair bit iirc. I'd definitely like another center though

OutForMilk

Feb 25, 2010
location, location
As a 12/13/14 guy, it doesn't hurt. He's also someone who used to play on the PK a fair bit iirc. I'd definitely like another center though

At this point, how much better is Prust, than say, Khaira? At least, to Edm's point of view? Khaira at least can play center and is cheap, the cap due to all the ELC bonuses is an issue, and NHL teams tend to like to leave those last couple spots open for their own home grown players.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
At this point, how much better is Prust, than say, Khaira? At least, to Edm's point of view? Khaira at least can play center and is cheap, the cap due to all the ELC bonuses is an issue, and NHL teams tend to like to leave those last couple spots open for their own home grown players.

Prust is done imo. Khaira at worst will be a good 4th liner with a good shutdown game imo. We'll see if the offence comes. I'm perfectly fine with our forward group as it stands and would prefer that we ran McD-Nuge-Drai-Letestu/Lander/Hendricks up the middle (switching the 4th line centre as needed with injuries/performance). I think we have good enough pieces with Kassian able to move up into the top 9 for stretches and Khaira/Caggiula/Pitlick/Slepyshev all with potential to be knocking on the door and fill roles in the bottom to middle 6.

I'd like to add another puck moving RHD with a bomb from the point, but I'm not sure how likely that is. Haven't really looked at whats left in FA besides Wisniewski.

Apathetic

Oct 29, 2010
Downtown

I don't think Khaira has many bonus's structured into his contract, generally low round picks don't get them do they? On general fanager his AAV is like 900k where as McDavids for example is 3.775 and Leon's is 3.4.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
I'm a bit surprised that it seems like the majority of the forwards remain intact.

The only guys that are leaving our top 13 are Hall and Korpikoski.

RNH, Eberle, Letestu, Yakupov, Lander, Draisaitl, Kassian, Pakarinen, Hendricks, Pouliot and of course McDavid.

I'll admit, I expected a bit more turnover.

OutForMilk

Feb 25, 2010
location, location
I don't think Khaira has many bonus's structured into his contract, generally low round picks don't get them do they? On general fanager his AAV is like 900k where as McDavids for example is 3.775 and Leon's is 3.4.

Its the other players bonuses that I meant, sorry. Mcd, Leon, Nurse, Reinhart, Pulju, etc already add up to the point that any outside contracts(like Prust) need to be pretty cheap, and they have to count. Khaira has inherent value to Edm in that he has no bonuses, and his base contract is cheap and already on the books.

The Safe Play

Jul 8, 2011
I would see about signing Vrbata for cheaper and letting Puljujärvi play in the AHL for a year. Vrbata ran some terrible luck last year.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
The cap bonuses aren't really a huge issue tbh. I'd bet only one of Nurse or Reinhart will play enough NHL games to even be eligible for bonuses (42GP). Nurse only has Schedule A bonuses which is a max of 850k and really he only has a chance at 637.5k of that unless he somehow magically is named to the NHL all-star team, or puts up more offence than anyone on our team has in a while from the backend. Reinhart has schedule B bonuses but I'm not sure exactly what they are. Needless to say Schedule B bonuses are usually things like top 10 in points, top 5 in voting for Norris, first or 2nd all star team, so I think its safe to say he won't be getting those. McDavid you could pretty much pencil in to get all 2.85M of his bonuses and maybe Draisaitl to get all his schedule A bonuses (850k) and even thats a huge maybe, but again I doubt that Draisaitl gets any of his Schedule B bonuses unless he somehow manages to be top 10 in league scoring or top 5 in Hart/Selke voting. Pool party will likely be the same could get all Schedule A (also a huge maybe), but likely not any Schedule B unless he wins the Calder.

So we'd be looking at something like:
McDavid - 2.85M
Draisaitl - 850k
Nurse - 637.5k
Puljujarvi - 850k
= ~ 5.2M

So even if Reinhart hit his schedule A bonuses thats still only ~6M, and if Pulju won Calder add probably around another 1.5M based off same draft position as Reinhart. At the most absolute worst and unlikely scenario in my mind we get hit with 7.5M in bonuses. So with 9.2M cap space atm I think we'd still have about 4M to spend if we wanted and be fairly safe, or 1.7M in the worst scenario. The team could also easily avoid a lot of these potential bonuses just by making certain guys spend some time in the AHL.

Slepyshev also has 600k in bonuses, but I'm not sure the parameters and I'd doubt that he will meet them.

tinfish

Jul 6, 2011
Edmonton
I'm a bit surprised that it seems like the majority of the forwards remain intact.

RNH, Eberle, Letestu, Yakupov, Lander, Draisaitl, Kassian, Pakarinen, Hendricks, Pouliot and of course McDavid.

This summer we've only added Lucic, and Puljujarvi, but if you compare our opening day line up from this last year compared to this year there are some other big changes. Purcell is out. Maroon and Kassian are in, and I believe Draisaitl was in the minors to start the year. That's 5 big strong players that will be on our opening line up this year.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
This summer we've only added Lucic, and Puljujarvi, but if you compare our opening day line up from this last year compared to this year there are some other big changes. Purcell is out. Maroon and Kassian are in, and I believe Draisaitl was in the minors to start the year. That's 5 big strong players that will be on our opening line up this year.

Pouliot-Nuge-Purcell
Hall-McDavid-Slepyshev
Korpikoski-Lander-Yakupov
Hendricks-Letestu-Klinkhammer

Sekera-Fayne
Klefbom-Schultz
Reinhart-Gryba

Talbot
Nilsson

(Eberle injured)

Vs.

Lucic-McDavid-Yakupov
Pouliot-Nuge-Eberle
Maroon-Draisaitl-Puljujarvi
Hendricks-Letestu-Kassian

Klefbom-Larsson
Sekera-Davidson
Nurse-Fayne/Reinhart/Oesterle

Talbot
The Monster

I think I know which line-up I'd take.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

I'm thinking that we maybe waiting on some deals until the Barrie situation unfolds one way or another.

tinfish

Jul 6, 2011
Edmonton
Pouliot-Nuge-Purcell
Hall-McDavid-Slepyshev

Sekera-Fayne
Klefbom-Schultz
Reinhart-Gryba

Talbot
Nilsson

(Eberle injured)

Vs.

Lucic-McDavid-Yakupov
Pouliot-Nuge-Eberle

Klefbom-Larsson
Sekera-Davidson

Talbot
The Monster

Thanks for this. I wanted to do somthing similar, but I couldn't find our opening day roster. I think it shows some very positive changes in the make up of the team.

tinfish

Jul 6, 2011
Edmonton
I'm thinking that we maybe waiting on some deals until the Barrie situation unfolds one way or another.

I'm fine with moving on. RNH is a non-starter for me. If they want a deal around Eberle I'd talk. Otherwise I'd go into the season with Davidson and Sekera as our 2nd pairing, and wait for a rd to shake loose next season .

Last edited:

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Thanks for this. I wanted to do somthing similar, but I couldn't find our opening day roster. I think it shows some very positive changes in the make up of the team.

I got it from the GDT from the season opener as I couldn't completely remember the lineup myself. I think the opening night roster as it currently stands (barring any more trades or training camp surprises) is better at every position than the opening night roster last year and the team balance between skill, size and physicality is significantly better. I think we will be a much much better puck possession team this year.

Oct 15, 2008
Yak, Reinhart, Fayne, 2017 1st for Edler, Hansen, 2017 3rd (if Benning hasn't already traded it away.)

Sign Luke Schenn

Lucic McDavid Eberle
Maroon RNH Puljujarvi
Pouliot Draisaitl Hansen
Lander Pakarinen

Klefbom Larsson
Edler Sekera
Davidson Schenn
Oesterle

Talbot
Gustavsson

Canuck lover.

tinfish

Jul 6, 2011
Edmonton
I got it from the GDT from the season opener as I couldn't completely remember the lineup myself. I think the opening night roster as it currently stands (barring any more trades or training camp surprises) is better at every position than the opening night roster last year and the team balance between skill, size and physicality is significantly better. I think we will be a much much better puck possession team this year.

Yikes! That right wing on that roster lol. I know ebs was hurt, but that's awful. LD is unchanged really. LW, RW, C are vastly improved. RD isn't great yet, but I'll take Larsson, and Sekera over Fayne and Schultz all day in the top 4.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Pouliot-Nuge-Purcell
Hall-McDavid-Slepyshev

Sekera-Fayne
Klefbom-Schultz
Reinhart-Gryba

Talbot
Nilsson

(Eberle injured)

Vs.

Lucic-McDavid-Yakupov
Pouliot-Nuge-Eberle

Klefbom-Larsson
Sekera-Davidson

Talbot
The Monster

The additions from Chiarelli in 15 months on the job.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta

Sign Luke Schenn

Lucic McDavid Eberle
Maroon RNH Puljujarvi
Pouliot Draisaitl Hansen
Lander Pakarinen

Klefbom Larsson
Edler Sekera
Davidson Schenn
Oesterle

Talbot
Gustavsson

Luke Schenn is pretty awful, best not to consider him at this point. I know people are attached to him because of previous hype, but he's not that player.

I also just wouldn't hand Vancouver that many assets just because.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
The additions from Chiarelli in 15 months on the job.

To be fair, Chiarelli didn't "add" McDavid...I'm sure any manager wouldve done the same. I would say credit goes to MacT for ****ing the team over so badly that we lucked into getting McDavid:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad