Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread: This is NOT the Hall for Larsson Thread (Read OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
It almost makes more sense for Florida to not move Petrovic and expose both Pysyk and Petrovic with the expectation whichever isn't taken is the 3 RHD.

If they trade for Yak they are certainly going 7/3 and protecting these players.

Barkov
Trocheck
Bjugstad
Smith
Huberdeau
Jokinen
Yakupov

Defence:
Yandle (NMC)
Ekblad
Demers

If they think Yakupov can still be a 20 goal scorer in this league, it's a no-brainer move for Florida.

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
It seems you guys are missing the other part of this: Pirri.

For those that view the Hall trade as Lucic and Larsson for Hall, one could make a case that it's Pirri and Petrovic for Yakupov.

If that goes through then we see a major change in team makeup. As long as the guys coming in are high character professionals, I am on board.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
It seems you guys are missing the other part of this: Pirri.

For those that view the Hall trade as Lucic and Larsson for Hall, one could make a case that it's Pirri and Petrovic for Yakupov.

Pirri is barely worth discussing though. He's Teddy Purcell at best.

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
Yakupov for Petrovic would be a great deal for this team. Petrovic has a lot of untapped potential and I could actually see him battling Davidson for a spot on the 2nd pairing. I'd rather see that than force guys like Nurse and Reinhart into roles they're not ready for.

Pirri would be a good replacement for Yakupov but I would actually rather take a gamble on a veteran like Hudler or even Vrbata (who had some awful puck-luck last year).

Lucic-McDavid-Eberle
Pouliot-RNH-Puljujarvi
Maroon-Draisaitl-Vrbata

That's a pretty decent looking top 9 forwards with a lot of mix and match potential. If they acquired Hudler, they could play Draisaitl on the right wing on the second line and then go with Maroon-Hudler-Puljujarvi as a third line which looks good on paper.

Florida is deep on defence so I could definitely see there being some truth to this rumour.

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
It almost makes more sense for Florida to not move Petrovic and expose both Pysyk and Petrovic with the expectation whichever isn't taken is the 3 RHD.

If they trade for Yak they are certainly going 7/3 and protecting these players.

Barkov
Trocheck
Bjugstad
Smith
Huberdeau
Jokinen
Yakupov

Defence:
Yandle (NMC)
Ekblad
Demers

Jokinen is not 100% lock by NEXT off season in exp draft keep. Could keep 4 Dmen.
Crouse-McCann - Hawryluk etc all options for that second line spot (all free keeps I understand).

Not Robin Brownlee

The docile tones!
Nov 17, 2008
Harvey Fialkov ‏@hfialkov 31m31 minutes ago
Source confirms there is ABSOLUTELY no validity to trade rumors involving D Alex Petrovic for Oilers F Nail Yakupov #flapanthers

So its a done deal then..

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
Harvey Fialkov ‏@hfialkov 31m31 minutes ago
Source confirms there is ABSOLUTELY no validity to trade rumors involving D Alex Petrovic for Oilers F Nail Yakupov #flapanthers

So its a done deal then..
Alas, makes sense given that Petrovic just had a strong season and Yakupov's value is in the toilet.

I would still like to see us trade Yakupov for another buy-low candidate but alas, it looks like he'll be starting the season with the Oilers. Hopefully he can bounce back but I feel like that's not going to happen unless he moves to a different organization.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad