Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread: "Monkey Wrench"

Status
Not open for further replies.

DucksUnited

Mar 16, 2022
How about a 4th rounder which turns into a 3rd rounder if he re-signs with us?

I’m more interested in that B prospect. One that’s close to being NHL ready. We’re losing Rakell, Lindholm, Deslauriers, and likely Max Comtois this deadline. We have a bunch of cap this summer though so we can sign players. But rather have a 3rd or a prospect.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Having centers at wing is great as long as you're not paying the center premium to get them and then paying them center money.

I don't really see the need to bump RNH to wing next year either. Losing Kane isn't going to drastically change things enough to go away from one of their main strengths.
What's 'center money'? Paul is in line to make around what our team pays Foegele or Kassian, who both do considerably less than what Paul brings to the table. It's just shy of what Goodrow made on the open market and what Pavel Zacha probably gets on his next contract when he gets extended.

All of the guys that I mentioned are wingers. Some can play pivot.

The Oilers need impactful forward depth. They need better checking line players. And they need to match up better when the top six isn't out there.

tinfish

Jul 6, 2011
Edmonton
If Chicago is rebuilding, there is a higher chance we could move salary to them along with futures and prospects for the brin cat. Something to look for.
At $6.4 I don't see a way we could make it work. All our expiring contracts are low dollars and our larger contracts are too long.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Good point being made about the good teams loading up on depth in positions they're already stacked in. Florida is stacked and they're adding big name forwards.

Tampa especially stacked up front, adding Hagel.

We could really use one of these guys. Not for two first rounders, but we can get an offensive player for one and prospects.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
The dude can literally only play games in Alberta. He's not allowed to travel. It's terrible for team chemistry to have him jump in and out of the lineup like that. He did it to himself.
I know. Random reasons.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Paul for Foegele.

Nuge doesn't need to play C nor does Paul.

3rd line: Hyman-Paul-Nuge

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Can you really call anyone other than Tampa a contender right now?

Florida got bounced in round 1 last year, Calgary didn't make the playoffs at all.

Craig Button is a tool. You’re right, this year actually feels like there are a ton more “hopefuls”. WRT Tampa, they’ve also taken a bit of a step back this year but they have history on their side.

I have a feeling the Cup winner is going to come out of left field a little bit

Reactions: 3IR

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
If you look at goal differential, which is generally a pretty good barometer of how good a team is, the Flames are absolutely contenders this year, along with the other three teams Button mentions. I know we’re all Oiler fans, but there’s a reason the Flames are in that conversation, they’ve had a really good year.

I think adding Paul and a defender will get this team into a really good spot to make a decent playoff run. I’m an optimist, but I’m getting a good feeling about them, they’re starting to put together some really good games, the analytics are trending positive for the first time in years, I think people are going to be shocked by how well the Oilers play down the stretch.

Reactions: walktheboulavard

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
In many ways that AA trade really f***ed us over.

But the most butterfly effect of that trade is that it scared Holland off from making any significant trades at the deadline now.

Reactions: gordonhught

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
In many ways that AA trade really f***ed us over.

But the most butterfly effect of that trade is that it scared Holland off from making any significant trades at the deadline now.

That isn't new.

Holland often did nothing at the deadline with Detroit even when they were like 40-15-0.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
That isn't new.

Holland often did nothing at the deadline with Detroit even when they were like 40-15-0.
And the one time he decided to do something it backfired on him. He’s probably thinking “I’m never ever doing that again.”

Oilers need a new GM.

Reactions: gordonhught

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
If you look at goal differential, which is generally a pretty good barometer of how good a team is, the Flames are absolutely contenders this year, along with the other three teams Button mentions. I know we’re all Oiler fans, but there’s a reason the Flames are in that conversation, they’ve had a really good year.

I think adding Paul and a defender will get this team into a really good spot to make a decent playoff run. I’m an optimist, but I’m getting a good feeling about them, they’re starting to put together some really good games, the analytics are trending positive for the first time in years, I think people are going to be shocked by how well the Oilers play down the stretch.
Easy. Just trade JP for Paul and Zub. Everyone wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad