Proposal: Rumors and Proposals Thread: "JJ" - Jokinen signed. Any further moves?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I think if RNH for Barrie was an option for the Oilers and Chia was interested in such a swap it would have happened before they locked Russell up to the deal they did.

What do you think their thoughts are for an offensive d-man?

Do you think the Oil will even look at one anymore?

I'm kind of wondering if they use the Sekera injury to see if Benning can become a 30-40 point d-man. It's just tough to ask that of Benning as he really has never put up big offensive numbers, then again neither did Klef.

The other thing is if they do actually ever make a trade don't they have to trade Sekera to make room?

Jesus Take the Wheel

Jul 9, 2015
Edmonton
I think if RNH for Barrie was an option for the Oilers and Chia was interested in such a swap it would have happened before they locked Russell up to the deal they did.

Plus trading nuge just makes no sense right now, Drai still isn't signed and even if he was, trading nuge woud result in us losing a lot of versatility that we currently have. We would have to play drai 2c, then need to find a rw that works with McDavid, and the rest would kind of just fall into place which is not a TMac kind of team

mullet

Aug 2, 2005
An RNH for barrie followed by a pirri & drai sign would be a great off season.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
My guess is Roman Polak or Cody Franson, and that's it for the summer.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
dont think Chia is going to cut ties with Pakarinen and Khaira this early. There is no need to load up right now.. Trade deadline is when you load up unless you can get a Jagr..
I don't think he is to worried about Pak he was just depth signing , but Kharia is a different story.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I wouldn't be too worried about that. I think one concern is it would be nice to let McDavid play less during the regular season. Having RNH would allow this to happen. It would allow McDavid to be fresher for the playoffs. Granted he won't have played in any tourney before the start of the year so that will help.

True, I think we can afford to keep RNH for this season since we have a fair amount of cap space (11 mil or so). Plus his value is probably at its lowest. We should sign Jagr to a 1 year and Re-sign Draisaitl. Then I will be pleased :nod:

Asher

Jun 23, 2007

I don't about a trade but I would love to get one more Dman who can play every day. I'm a little worried what they have right now without Sekera.

Jesus Take the Wheel

Jul 9, 2015
Edmonton
Also, with this signing the Oilers list of players that can play center/ take draws is McDavid/Drai/RNH/Strome/Caggs/JJ/Khaira, having a nice and versatile lineup is really nice compared to the past decade

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Also, with this signing the Oilers list of players that can play center/ take draws is McDavid/Drai/RNH/Strome/Caggs/JJ/Khaira, having a nice and versatile lineup is really nice compared to the past decade

I remember the days of Hall having to play at center :laugh:
It's nice to have so many options at that position now

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
True, I think we can afford to keep RNH for this season since we have a fair amount of cap space (11 mil or so). Plus his value is probably at its lowest. We should sign Jagr to a 1 year and Re-sign Draisaitl. Then I will be pleased :nod:
No we don't no way the Oilers are going to risk any carryover bonuses for next season they can not afford it at all . I don't see any other signings .maybe a trade with =or less cap coming back . They will have lots of deadline cap space to land really big fish rental if available by staying put.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
No we don't no way the Oilers are going to risk any carryover bonuses for next season they can not afford it at all . I don't see any other signings .maybe a trade with =or less cap coming back . They will have lots of deadline cap space to land really big fish rental if available by staying put.

I'm hoping for Jagr at 1 year 1 million and then re-signing Draisaitl to 8 years at 7.5 million :nod:

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
I'm hoping for Jagr at 1 year 1 million and then re-signing Draisaitl to 8 years at 7.5 million :nod:
With Jokinen signing cap is at 16.8 minus 10.3 for Draisaitl @7.5 and Nuge bonus that leaves 6.5 Million for this season with another 4.7 possible bonuses which is very unlikely but see the team keeping a extra 1.5 just in case. So 5 million cap is reasonable . Getting rid of Fayne would help huge. 5 million in cap space is about 23 million cap space at trade deadline.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
We'll see what Stauffer says today. If he's still hinting at a forward I think we might yet see Gionta.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
I'd hate Polak on this team, if only because he'd always make me think of that "Fat, balding Taylor Hall with a beard" meme and I would never be able to take him seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad