Proposal: Rumors and Proposals Thread: "JJ" - Jokinen signed. Any further moves?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Great news!

I hope Chia isn't finished yet though.

we should be done up front assuming Caggiula and Slepychev are locks for next season.

Maroon-McD-Strome
Lucic-Drai-Slepy\Caggiula
Jokinen-RNH-Puljujarvi
Slepy\Caggiula-Letestu-Kassian

Khaira
Pakarinen

Puljujarvi wont be spending the entire season in the AHL. If he gets sent down for a month or 2 we can get by with Kassian playing 3RW and Pakarinen or Khaira drawing in.
Adding another UFA may force us to waive one of Pakman or JarJar

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
we should be done up front assuming Caggiula and Slepychev are locks for next season.

Maroon-McD-Strome
Jokinen-RNH-Puljujarvi

Khaira
Pakarinen

Puljujarvi wont be spending the entire season in the AHL. If he gets sent down for a month or 2 we can get by with Kassian playing 3RW and Pakarinen or Khaira drawing in.

I wouldn't be worried about waiving Pakarinen, I like him but he's the definition of a dime a dozen player. But I agree, I think they'll want Caggiula and Slepy in full time next season so they likely are done, outside of maybe a PTO if someone decent is still available.

McDraekke

5-14-6-1
Jan 19, 2006
Edmonton

Maroon-McD-Strome
Jokinen-RNH-Puljujarvi

Khaira
Pakarinen

Neither of which would be any kind of loss that couldn't be solved by signing another cheap 4th line player. I know we love to covet the players that we drafted, but neither of these guys are going to make it past a possible bump to the third line because of injuries, imo.

Mr Sakich

Mar 8, 2002
Motel 35
vimeo.com
I think we are now looking at the oilers opening night forwards. We have 18 mill in cap space. 3 mill will go towards bonuses for 97. 8 mill for Leon leaves us with 7 million plus sekera's LTIR relief

If we wanted, we could sign Markov to a 1 year 7 or 8 mill contract

AVE MAN

Sep 29, 2003
Visit site
RNH gone?

I think this signing is opening up the door for an RNH deal. I really think the Oil consider Strome to be a center and the Jokinen signing allows him to play there. Driaisaitl needs his own line and Jokinen a good option on the top unit, which to me indicates RNH could be on the way out as soon as Drai is signed.

RNH for Barrie? ( makes sense for Col if Duchene gets traded for a dman)

SPIRIT

Mar 12, 2014
Gotta say...

Chia is just crushing it.

FSKuOgb.gif

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
I think this signing is opening up the door for an RNH deal. I really think the Oil consider Strome to be a center and the Jokinen signing allows him to play there. Driaisaitl needs his own line and Jokinen a good option on the top unit, which to me indicates RNH could be on the way out as soon as Drai is signed.

Friedman did say Barrie is still on the table yesterday so..

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
If Jokinen can play C, I'd trade a pick for James Neal and flip RNH for a PMD

Maroon-McDavid-Strome
Lucic-Drai-Slepy
Neal-Jokinen-Pulju

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
What would we do without ST?

Things probably would've been a lot better as there wouldn't be so much panic. Would've just woke up not wondering who we were going to sign and then been pleasantly happy when the news broke today.

Plus the refresh buttons wouldn't be worn on a lot of keyboards

oilers89

Jun 4, 2008
Medicine Hat
Not necessarily. He posted about the minor trade deadline deal so it doesn't necessarily have to be a big name.

I think Jokinen is a better fit but Jagr is a fun idea. Would prefer a better skater but both of these guys have some game left and would be a nice addition. I'd love to see Jagr on a line with Drai and Lucic, the other team would never get the puck although this line would get killed by speed.

Also, forgot that Jokinen is Finnish. He'd be a great mentor for Pulju so he makes sense on a lot of levels.

Maroon-McDavid-Strome
Lucic-Drai-Slepy
Neal-Jokinen-Pulju

Id trade a pick. Keep nuge. Sign franson for cheap 1 year deal.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

Honestly if there was a deal for RNH, signing a 34 year old winger wouldn't be the make it or break it for PC. He would've just dealt RNH and signed some other UFA vet.

When there is a deal that you look on the table for RNH you really don't have time to say no.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada

Maroon-McDavid-Strome
Lucic-Drai-Slepy
Neal-Jokinen-Pulju

personally i think if chia moves rnh it will be for duchene....and then trade duchene next off season. a better pump and dump candidate and a better winger.

its quite possible rnh is untouchable though.....he did "very" well in the SJ series.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
I think we are now looking at the oilers opening night forwards. We have 18 mill in cap space. 3 mill will go towards bonuses for 97. 8 mill for Leon leaves us with 7 million plus sekera's LTIR relief

No we have more like a 6.4 million realistic with Draisaitl signing 7.5 M and McDavid sure to hit bonus 2.85 m , and we still have another 4.6 m in bonus potential although these seems less likely to max . So team is probably looking at a 4 million cushion right now

drewshoo

Feb 26, 2014
Lethbridge

LTIR does not work like that. You have to be at or over the cap to use it, and it also cannot be used for bonuses. If the Oilers are anywhere near the cap this year, we will have overages regardless of LTIR or not (assuming players achieve them). I see the Oilers having about ~5 mill cap space all year which will allow them to add a decent piece at the deadline, and still hopefully not have any overages for next year.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
RNH will only be traded if Draisaitl is locked up imo

I wouldn't be too worried about that. I think one concern is it would be nice to let McDavid play less during the regular season. Having RNH would allow this to happen. It would allow McDavid to be fresher for the playoffs. Granted he won't have played in any tourney before the start of the year so that will help.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Neither of which would be any kind of loss that couldn't be solved by signing another cheap 4th line player. I know we love to covet the players that we drafted, but neither of these guys are going to make it past a possible bump to the third line because of injuries, imo.

dont think Chia is going to cut ties with Pakarinen and Khaira this early. There is no need to load up right now.. Trade deadline is when you load up unless you can get a Jagr..

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton

I think if RNH for Barrie was an option for the Oilers and Chia was interested in such a swap it would have happened before they locked Russell up to the deal they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad