Proposal: Rumors and Proposals Thread | How Likely Are Trades Out of the North Division?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
The circus act that Ken Holland has tried to pull just to keep William Lagesson...am I missing something here?

Losing Lagesson would be...not that important? We have a million LHD. Lagesson is a 7D at best, and we have waived a handful of guys and lost Forsberg due to a weird obsession with losing him.

Wanting to have a Swedish D to help transition Broberg in the event that Larsson is traded or leaves and Klef doesn't return? I didn't really key in on him yesterday, but he has always struck me as a depth guy and not someone with top 4 upside (Lagesson that is).

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
If the reports are to believed, he first chirped, then tried to fight, HIS OWN GOALIE after a loss, and Krieder laid him out for it.

He's also racist AF, and apparently kept the game puck from K'Andre Miller's first NHL goal instead of giving it to him.

When nobody wants a defenceman that had 53 point in 68 games for free, you have to assume he's a mega-douche.

Not saying that he's not a racist asshat but apparently the bolded was proven to be false as per THG.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
If the reports are to believed, he first chirped, then tried to fight, HIS OWN GOALIE after a loss, and Krieder laid him out for it.

He's also racist AF, and apparently kept the game puck from K'Andre Miller's first NHL goal instead of giving it to him.

When nobody wants a defenceman that had 53 point in 68 games for free, you have to assume he's a mega-douche.
If there's any truth to him being openly racist, there's no arguing his side of the story. He's a piece of human garbage. But the bolded is silly if you believe it. Where did he put the puck? In his pocket? Come on.

Reactions: Oilhawks

DropTheGloves

Sep 18, 2020
Is it possible to terminate ADA's contract without him getting paid? Did LA have to payout Voynov during that situation?

I personally think they had a good chance of doing so under a conduct violation of the Standard Player Contract, which is how LA got rid of Richards and Washington Leipsic. The PA might've grieved it, setting up a nasty legal/arbitration battle, but depending on how bad things were in the room it might've been worth it short-term just to get rid of him.

However I believe that option is totally off the table after Davidson and Gorton's press conference today. They didn't reveal any new information and in fact both seemed pretty conciliatory about the whole thing. I can't see how an SPC termination would fly now unless something new/worse happens. The Rangers seem deadset on getting some sort of an asset for him but I have no idea how they can expect that given no one wanted him for free just yesterday.

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
I personally think they had a good chance of doing so under a conduct violation of the Standard Player Contract, which is how LA got rid of Richards and Washington Leipsic. The PA might've grieved it, setting up a nasty legal/arbitration battle, but depending on how bad things were in the room it might've been worth it short-term just to get rid of him.

However I believe that option is totally off the table after Davidson and Gorton's press conference today. They didn't reveal any new information and in fact both seemed pretty conciliatory about the whole thing. I can't see how an SPC termination would fly now unless something new/worse happens. The Rangers seem deadset on getting some sort of an asset for him but I have no idea how they can expect that given no one wanted him for free just yesterday.

Many teams may not have been able to afford him and require the ability to send a contract back. Some teams don't want extra one way contracts in the minors/taxi squad, like the Jets for example, and wouldn't want to bury someone's money to take him on. Obviously the Cap could be an issue too.

Reactions: belair

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
Wanting to have a Swedish D to help transition Broberg in the event that Larsson is traded or leaves and Klef doesn't return? I didn't really key in on him yesterday, but he has always struck me as a depth guy and not someone with top 4 upside (Lagesson that is).

A 3rd pairing guy who's a rock and an excellent PKer is a very valuable player. Sometimes we get carried away with qualifying dmen as top 4 or not when we should just be considering the roles they can fill and how well they can fill it. He's a solid player IMO.

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
A 3rd pairing guy who's a rock and an excellent PKer is a very valuable player. Sometimes we get carried away with qualifying dmen as top 4 or not when we should just be considering the roles they can fill and how well they can fill it. He's a solid player IMO.

Plus there still might be more to his game.

Not saying it's likely but he's barely had a NHL audition at this point and his offense was much better than expected a couple years ago in Bakersfield so let's see what he does with his opportunities.

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
Not waiving Lagesson might look questionable now but let's judge that move after we see how the expansion draft plays out.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Our LHD pipeline:

Nurse
Klefbom
Jones
Russell
Koekkoek (pending UFA)
Broberg
Samorukov
Lagesson

I feel like I've said this a lot but - something has to give.

Broberg is in the AHL next year, I don't think he'll be ready to immediately jump from what I've seen.

We don't know about Klefbom yet really but this board is quick to say he's never coming back - Klefbom himself did not say that, he said he wants to come back. I imagine he will try.

There's certainly a logjam here and it comes down to Jones and Samorukov - Samorukov from all accounts in the KHL is ready for pro, and I don't feel like he's coming over here if he's in the minors without a real shot to make it. There may be trade opportunity to move one of Jones/Samorukov in a package for upgrades, especially because Jones might be Seattle bound as of right now.

It also once again makes you wonder why Lagesson is so important to Holland.

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
Our LHD pipeline:

Nurse
Klefbom
Jones
Russell
Koekkoek (pending UFA)
Broberg
Samorukov
Lagesson

Broberg is in the AHL next year, I don't think he'll be ready to immediately jump from what I've seen.

We don't know about Klefbom yet really but this board is quick to say he's never coming back - Klefbom himself did not say that, he said he wants to come back. I imagine he will try.

There's certainly a logjam here and it comes down to Jones and Samorukov - Samorukov from all accounts in the KHL is ready for pro, and I don't feel like he's coming over here if he's in the minors without a real shot to make it. There may be trade opportunity to move one of Jones/Samorukov in a package for upgrades, especially because Jones might be Seattle bound as of right now.

I think it would be rather asinine to trade Samorukov over Jones if that’s the situation.
Jones is closer to playing his way out than Samorukov could possibly be at zero games in North America.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Our LHD pipeline:

Nurse
Klefbom
Jones
Russell
Koekkoek (pending UFA)
Broberg
Samorukov
Lagesson

Why isnt Samurai coming here for AHL? He was in AHL last year and is only in KHL due to Covid stoppage.

Also, with Klefbom out we have just 1 LHD who is "good NHLer" caliber. Jones/Broberg/Lagesson/Russell/Koekoekkoek/Samurkov are pretty much at the same level. #6/#7 Dmen

oilcountry17

Aug 27, 2007
edmonton
Why isnt Samurai coming here for AHL? He was in AHL last year and is only in KHL due to Covid stoppage.

Also, with Klefbom out we have just 1 LHD who is "good NHLer" caliber. Jones/Broberg/Lagesson/Russell/Koekoekkoek/Samurkov are pretty much at the same level. #6/#7 Dmen

I would guess its better to leave him playing/developing in the 2 nd best league on the planet rather than waste time quaratining to play in the AHL. He can come over once his season is over

Reactions: Paralyzer008

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008

I just view the KHL better than the AHL but that debate opens up a new can of worms - depending on role, Samorukov got a KHL rookie of the week honour but even over there he's only playing 17 mins a game, so wherever he gets more icetime, but he looks really good.

I agree with you right now but I'm saying that's still a future logjam - Broberg/Jones/Samorukov/Lagesson are not all making the roster going forward, so you can either waste one/two of those assets or you can deal one since they have value and Broberg was taken too high to be a trade asset.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I would guess its better to leave him playing/developing in the 2 nd best league on the planet rather than waste time quaratining to play in the AHL. He can come over once his season is over
Good point but the post I quoted gave an impression that Samourkov would decline playing in AHL for KHL ie he isnt coming over unless guaranteed an NHL shot/spot.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
It’s not a exaggeration that Samorukov would legitimately be the second best LHD on the Oilers if he comes over this season. Nurse is better, but KK is probably even at best and he’s better than Jones and Russell.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Caleb Jones for Victor Mete

(Mete apparently requested a trade)

Yes or no?

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
The best part was they changed how the draft lottery worked to stop us from getting more high picks. And then we won him anyways.

Exactly
The NHL powers are the one that created that mess, we just obeyed it. Ever since they introduced the new system, we have dropped in the draft. Can you imagine if we had won Matthews when Toronto came last? I'd be still chuckling

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Caleb Jones for Victor Mete

(Mete apparently requested a trade)

Yes or no?

If McDavid is known as McJesus, then we may as well bring his half-brother on board.

Screenshot_20210202_043838.jpg

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Not waiving Lagesson might look questionable now but let's judge that move after we see how the expansion draft plays out.

Keep in mind if they do lose Lagesson (or Russell on waivers) then they'd be down to 8 damn for the next two weeks at minimum.

With the schedule being so condensed, it's risky to go 5+ games where you can't deal with more than 2 injuries on defence.

Proko88

May 6, 2010
HELL NO to 7-8 Million to Hall. Where do you come up with that # in a flat cap? I would offer Hall 7 tops and then Nuge is gone. That money goes to Hall
So like my comment said... “7-8 mil for hall. You agree with the 7 end, ok I’m good with that lol. Obviously this means no more RNH because his contract would have to be part of the stated “25 mil”

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
So like my comment said... “7-8 mil for hall. You agree with the 7 end, ok I’m good with that lol. Obviously this means no more RNH because his contract would have to be part of the stated “25 mil”
I would rather give RNH the 7 million. He is more consistent, plays C and is a good 2 way player.

Proko88

May 6, 2010
I think it would be rather asinine to trade Samorukov over Jones if that’s the situation.
Jones is closer to playing his way out than Samorukov could possibly be at zero games in North America.
Because Caleb is our ticket to land Seth!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad