Proposal: Rumors and Proposals Thread | How Likely Are Trades Out of the North Division?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Is Taylor Hall going to be a good player in his 30s the way he plays?

Good question.

For what it's worth, his underlying numbers in Buffalo have started out great.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
I'm still dreaming that we can sign Dougie Hamilton in the off season. I know Bouchard and Broberg could be studs but we need a 1D asap. Sign Dougie and figure the rest out later.

I agree . We need to go hard after him

future D
Broberg Hamilton
Samorukov Bouchard
Jones Bear

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005
Dougie's a helluva player and would help this team a lot, but I have a hard time thinking he'd want to sign here.
Seems like the pressure and attention in Boston and Calgary weren't the best situations for him.

He's obviously a little eccentric and Carolina and other non-traditional markets are places where he can fly under the radar and be himself.

Can you imagine the kind of cringe worthy questions he would face day after day after day from our cringe worthy media?

Oct 15, 2017
What's the package the Oilers could send for Koneckny?? He would be ideal RW for MCD.

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
Dougie's a helluva player and would help this team a lot, but I have a hard time thinking he'd want to sign here.
Seems like the pressure and attention in Boston and Calgary weren't the best situations for him.

He's obviously a little eccentric and Carolina and other non-traditional markets are places where he can fly under the radar and be himself.

Can you imagine the kind of cringe worthy questions he would face day after day after day from our cringe worthy media?

That's entirely possible although I'm not sure how likely. Holland just needs to say to him "I'll beat every offer anyone makes you". Let him decide how important playing in obscurity is to him. If there was any UFA dman to go all in on in the last years or the coming future, I would bet on Dougie.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I remember when Bernmeister was arguing ADA was worth more then Broberg . Him and his 10 paragraphs were trying to convince anyone that would listen it was a good deal for the Oilers . Good times . We don’t need no racist dirt bag on our team . Nurse would probably kill him and that would cost us 2 defence men .

edit : I will add I have him rated lower then the dog shit anyone would try and scrape off their boot on a rock . The world truly has no place for racism.
Don’t worry ranger fans were convinced ADA was worth as much if not more than lindholm, aged well.

Also I think the ducks and oilers should make a trade now that you arnt in our division it seems more plausible that something like Rakell to oilers would make sense

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Seth Jones is struggling ..

RNH (top 6 C)
Puljujarvi (Laine connection)
Bouchard (RD replacement)
+ conditional 1st if RNH walks

Reactions: Heavy Dee

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Chiasson waived?? Hot damn, I never thought this day would come. He has been beyond awful this season.

Come on, Rest Of League. He has a 20 goal season and a Cup! Claim himmmmmmmm.

Only the oilers are stupid enough to view a players 20 goal year playing with mcdavid as a reason to give him a contract and think he is 'good'

Reactions: ChaoticOrange

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Really surprising Ottawa doesn't claim DeAngelo. You're telling me they couldn't use an influx of talent in that roster? He would've led their team last season in scoring.

I get he's a hot head, but he's also a cost-controlled elite offensive defenseman. How does DeAngelo react to getting punched in the face by his captain and immediately fired by his employer? Sit him down, get his perspective and give him an opportunity to clear the air with his new teammates.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
haha i knew it. The Oilers been trying to pump his value

Pump his value? Nobody is taking Chiasson no matter how pumped his value gets.
I think Tippett genuinely likes him on the PP ahead of Neal for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad