Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread: "Flies in the Vasoline"

Status
Not open for further replies.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Since they upgraded HF boards I lost my like button . I look and I didn't get an infraction or anything so not sure what happen .

Last edited:
Reactions: PositiveCashFlow

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
So the rumored price for Chychrun is a 1st and two other prospects drafted in the first round. It's a steep price, but I would be willing to do a deal like that involving Broberg and Yamo if other considerations were made. Basically, other assets thrown in at a reduced cost plus eating cap. They can trade Kassian and Barrie as they see fit. We can throw in Perlini and Turris if they want more former first round picks, lol.

Say hello to the Edmonton Oilyotes:

Out:
1st
Broberg
Yamo
Kassian
Barrie
Smith

In:
Chychrun
Crouse
Kessel (3M retained)
Vejmelka

Kane - McDavid - Hyman
Crouse - Drai - Puljujarvi
Foegele - Nuge - Kessel
Benson - McLeod - Ryan

Nurse - Chychrun
Keith - Ceci
Lagesson - Bouchard

Koskinen
Vejmelka

Do you think that a realistic trade ? If so I got some swampland for sale . Let do business

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
So the rumored price for Chychrun is a 1st and two other prospects drafted in the first round. It's a steep price, but I would be willing to do a deal like that involving Broberg and Yamo if other considerations were made. Basically, other assets thrown in at a reduced cost plus eating cap. They can trade Kassian and Barrie as they see fit. We can throw in Perlini and Turris if they want more former first round picks, lol.

Say hello to the Edmonton Oilyotes:

Out:
1st
Broberg
Yamo
Kassian
Barrie
Smith

In:
Chychrun
Crouse
Kessel (3M retained)
Vejmelka

Kane - McDavid - Hyman
Crouse - Drai - Puljujarvi
Foegele - Nuge - Kessel
Benson - McLeod - Ryan

Nurse - Chychrun
Keith - Ceci
Lagesson - Bouchard

Koskinen
Vejmelka
I love the optimism, but if the cost of Chychrun is a 1st + Broberg + Yamo, do we really think Kassian for Crouse, Barrie for Kessel @ 50% and Smith for Vejmelka will fly?

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011

Well you suck too then Varly

This is one of the problems with how we view the GM. Its generally why GM's in Canada suck. They have to make a team with like 25% of the players available that American GM's have access too. This is not to make excuses for Holland. But it is the reality. Unless the Oilers go on a streak here, I dont think it really matters. Not sure Varlamov really fixes anything though (hes an upgrade I think but not significantly). Which is the problem with goaltending, theres so few that are consistently good and difference makers. That being said if the Oilers even had average goaltending over the course of the year, we wouldnt be here. But unless we go on a streak here, it doesnt really matter for this year anymore.

Last edited:

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
This is one of the problems with how we view the GM. Its generally why GM's in Canada suck. They have to make a team with like 25% of the players available that American GM's have access too. This is not to make excuses for Holland. But it is the reality. Unless the Oilers go on a streak here, I dont think it really matters. Not sure Varlamov really fixes anything though (hes an upgrade I think but not significantly). Which is the problem with goaltending, theres so few that are consistently good and difference makers. That being said if the Oilers even had average goaltending over the course of the year, we wouldnt be here. But unless we go on a streak here, it doesnt really matter for this year anymore.

Even if we were a dynasty the same players would still have us on their no trade list. It would just be the near the end of their career players that haven't won a Cup that would waive for us.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Bunting and Hyman are a product of Matthews and Marner. Matthews and Marner have chemistry with just about anyone.
I highly disagree. Hyman would lead an elite 3rd line when he was away from them. Right now he is playing a ton of minutes. When we get our players back from injury a lot of our guys will look better

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I highly disagree. Hyman would lead an elite 3rd line when he was away from them. Right now he is playing a ton of minutes. When we get our players back from injury a lot of our guys will look better
This team misses Nuge and Puljujarvi a ton, it's very obvious

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
The Leafs are very aggressive. They try things a lot. Sometimes it is a total flub like the Foligno trade. This summer Ritchie was their big signing and probably imagined he'd be their Hyman, but they added Bunting and Kase just to hedge that. They are quick to move on from their failures and so what's left are the successes.

Holland rides his failures into the dirt. He's done good too but when you put all the focus on the failures like this of course the media and fans will zero in on that
Nothing successful about the Leafs outside of the regular season. Not the team you want to model after...which we did...sigh

Reactions: Snipes45

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
It is speculated that the rough travel schedule and illness has brought the team down too
Also, like, sometimes guys just have a bad game. I get it's very magnified with Nurse's position on the team, but that's just going to happen. The lack of support from the depth (age and injury) makes it tough to cover for. Though most teams will lose games when their #1D has a bad game.

Reactions: Mr Positive

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I didn't do that . I am not sure what happen . I went to reply on a comment and that is how it came up . Another HF board glitch .
Your post at 8:23pm EST. About 10 posts up from my post you quoted.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008

NMC's create a significant competitive imbalance. It's no wonder the sunbelt no tax state teams win, they have access to an exclusive group of players that will only play for their teams.

NMC's should be a blanket waive or no waive, not a waive for a certain team. However because this benefits the teams that the NHL likes I am not holding my breath for any change here. NHLPA would raise a stink too.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
NMC's create a significant competitive imbalance. It's no wonder the sunbelt no tax state teams win, they have access to an exclusive group of players that will only play for their teams.

NMC's should be a blanket waive or no waive, not a waive for a certain team. However because this benefits the teams that the NHL likes I am not holding my breath for any change here. NHLPA would raise a stink too.
They should do away with them period, same with NTC clauses.

russ99

Jun 9, 2011

The Oilers being on Varlamov's NTC seems obvious from day 1.

Also the fact that Holland tried for two offseasons to sign a #1 goaltender and nobody would come here but Markstrom and he wanted a bad overpay deal to sign here rather than Calgary should tell us something.

Not excusing Holland, he should have made a trade. But there too he tried all summer to trade Koskinen and nobody wanted him. Not an excuse, but there are realties to the marketplace and the relative low trade value of our assets to consider.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
How do you know his businesses are suffering or are you just spouting again?

The last time he swung back to work in the nhl was when his real estate business took a dip and about 8 months later when it picked he became to busy for the demands needed on him. He was hired to improve our projects skating. Coffey has built a good business away from his playing days. So it is no knock against. Just curious if he is interested in coming back or was it the reporter thinking just speculating

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
The last time he swung back to work in the nhl was when his real estate business took a dip and about 8 months later when it picked he became to busy for the demands needed on him. He was hired to improve our projects skating. Coffey has built a good business away from his playing days. So it is no knock against. Just curious if he is interested in coming back or was it the reporter thinking just speculating
Iam pretty sure he had car dealerships

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad