Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Evander Kane, Come on Down?

Would You Take a Chance on Signing Evander Kane?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deplorable Lenny

Mar 2, 2017
British Columbia
Yep me too. If it ever comes to this I 100 percent will cheer for whoever McDavid goes to or Leon because he will want out too.

This team can take whatever magic beans they get and shove it up their ass, I will never ever forgive them for doing this and I will be glad to participate in things like group buys of billboards to shame this garbage org.

I don't beleive either of you.

The next time the oilers go on a run you will be dining on crow.

I know this because I've said the same so many times. But time heals all wounds and we are fans of this dumpster fire for a reason and always will be.

It sucks but its true.

I mean how would you feel watching this team in 5 years winning a cup and not being a part of it?

I would never forgive myself and if yall can't see that you were never fans to begin with.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

I know this because I've said the same so many times. But time heals all wounds and we are fans of this dumpster fire for a reason and always will be.

It sucks but its true.

I mean how would you feel watching this team in 5 years winning a cup and not being a part of it?

I would never forgive myself and if yall can't see that you were never fans to begin with.

I'd rather cheer for the Flames. f*** this franchise forever if it comes to that.

I hope they never win anything going forward, sorry.

Let those jerseys burn outside the arena.

Knowing the hockey gods what will actually happen is McDavid quickly wins the Cup while Zibeanjead gets hurt in his 20th game and never fully recovers. That would be classic Oilers.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Fleury will fetch a first from someone at TDL is my point.

I mean who though, like who is even in the market at this point? Even teams that are trying to chase down a spot like Vancouver already have their starter locked in.

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
Yes but who are the Oilers even bidding against here? Every team that needed a starting goalie got one except for this clown organization.

So their own incompetence may help them out.

If I'm Colorado I'm not spending another 1st for MAF after already spending one for Kuemper.

The bigger worry I would say is MAF refuses to waive because this looks like a tire fire.
You're right he probably doesn't waive for Edmonton, if Chicago indeed honors his NTC. I was under the impression it was up to the team to Honor it if they acquired a player on an existing contract.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a team like Vegas reacquire him at the deadline. They are a contender but Lehner isnt an elite goalie by any means.

Deplorable Lenny

Mar 2, 2017
British Columbia
You're right he probably doesn't waive for Edmonton, if Chicago indeed honors his NTC. I was under the impression it was up to the team to Honor it if they acquired a player on an existing contract.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a team like Vegas reacquire him at the deadline. They are a contender but Lehner isnt an elite goalie by any means.
Pretty sure that option to honor a ntc or nmc after a trade was abolished after the last cba but I could be wrong

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

There's no way that works cap wise for Vegas even at 50 percent retention and there's a lot bad blood there.

If I'm Vegas I'd get Halak as a cheap insurance policy. Beyond that Vegas doesn't even have their 1st.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan

It sucks but its true.

The difference is that I've never said it before, and I'm not exactly a "glass half full" kind of fan either. I've stuck through everything, the selling of the 80s team, the lean years where we couldn't afford anybody, the decade of darkness. But if this organization pushes out a generational talent paired with a top 5 player in the world, I'm done. DONE. I'm older and busier now with a young family, I have better things to do with my time than support incompetence that vast.

Nobody can doubt my fandom, I've been an oilers fan for longer than many fans have been alive. People have their limits though, and pushing McDrai out will be mine.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
The difference is that I've never said it before, and I'm not exactly a "glass half full" kind of fan either. I've stuck through everything, the selling of the 80s team, the lean years where we couldn't afford anybody, the decade of darkness. But if this organization pushes out a generational talent paired with a top 5 player in the world, I'm done. DONE. I'm older and busier now with a young family, I have better things to do with my time than support incompetence that vast.

Yup especially for people who remember the Gretzky trade, the anger is going to be more palpable.

Pocklington got death threats and a stuffed version of himself hung in the streets. Pronger trade prompted some to burn furniture.

With the way fans can mobilize now thanks to social media I wouldn't be surprised to see a jersey burning event quickly spiral into a riot of sorts with effigies of Katz lit on fire. It will be craaaaaaazy.

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
I mean why though. Carolina and Pittsburgh both have stellar starters, if you're trading a 1st it's for like Hertl or Giroux.
Ever seen Andersen in the playoffs? And Jarry has had a good half season.

If you think you can win, I feel like you need a proven playoff performer.

Darkwinter

Apr 4, 2010
I don't see Mcdavid asking for a trade anytime soon. I think with his upbringing, his dad sat him down and said play the contract out. His dad seems to be an even-keeled person from the interviews I've seen of him

Deplorable Lenny

Mar 2, 2017
British Columbia

Nobody can doubt my fandom, I've been an oilers fan for longer than many fans have been alive. People have their limits though, and pushing McDrai out will be mine.
Nope still don't beleive that if this team was in the finals in 5 years you wouldn't be hopping on that bandwagon.

Your mad right now. I get it. So am i.

If they trade those guys it will suck. Suck a lot. But if the team is somehow magically better for it you will be back.

Guaranf***ingteed

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I don't see Mcdavid asking for a trade anytime soon. I think with his upbringing, his dad sat him down and said play the contract out. His dad seems to be an even-keeled person from the interviews I've seen of him

He has a temper and is a person that does get frustrated don't let Adidas commercials fool you.

Katz will 100 percent be told to get a contender here within 1-2 years or he intends to ask for a trade out I suspect is what Katz will be told by McDavids camp.

There's no way this just a "oh boo hoo guess we missed the playoffs again, let's give a go next year old chap" type of convo with Katz.

It will be ugly and there will be demands for immediate changes no matter what it costs.

No way are the Oilers getting away with a season like this unscathed.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Nope still don't beleive that if this team was in the finals in 5 years you wouldn't be hopping on that bandwagon.

Your mad right now. I get it. So am i.

If they trade those guys it will suck. Suck a lot. But if the team is somehow magically better for it you will be back.

Guaranf***ingteed

You believe what you want, but I'm about the most stubborn person I know, lol. Honestly, my life would be better without sports in it as I'd be more productive and spend less money.

Deplorable Lenny

Mar 2, 2017
British Columbia
You believe what you want, but I'm about the most stubborn person I know, lol. Honestly, my life would be better without sports in it as I'd be more productive and spend less money.
Wll good riddance then.

More room at the games for the real fans.

Losing bandwagooners like you makes my tickets cheaper.

Might as well leave now

Don't let the door hit you on your ass.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
For decades I had a burning hatred for the Flames. I wouldn't let things go. I'd lose sleep over perceived wrongdoings in the games and what I saw as violations of the rules and ethics of hockey, I saw a franchise with a complete lack of class. Now I'd like to see them win. I don't give a shit.

I used to hate Darryl Sutter. I used to think he was the epitome of what was ruining hockey. I don't anymore. Now I like Darryl Sutter.

Posters saying you'll jump back on the bandwagon whenever... they just don't understand. For a person to cheer for a team in a league that person must have a certain level of confidence in the authenticity of that league. It's gone for me. It's never coming back.

You can be a sucker for so long but eventually the "faith" gets beaten out of you.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Must be nice to know everything

This dude is not going to tolerate this forever, probably not even much longer

https://youtube.com/shorts/DcByC5SZCSc?feature=share

If poor Jesse Puljujarvi gets yelled at for an offside, lol the Oilers are going to hear some stuff loud and clear this summer that is going to turn Katz' underwear brown. That's McDavid too don't kid yourself.

He's an intense person, like most great athletes are.

Reactions: SDig14
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad