Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Evander Kane, Come on Down?

Would You Take a Chance on Signing Evander Kane?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
I guess so?

When people make ridiculous and uneducated proposals I don't know how else to act

Fleury at half price will be worth a 3rd at the deadline. Not a lottery first. Sorry it's true

You would think so, but then you got guys like Reid Wilkins and Rob Brown saying it would cost a 1st + Broberg (they actually said this). Obviously that's nonsense, but peoples' valuation of Fleury is all over the map.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Trade for a f***ing goalie already before McDavid and Drai walk

Give up the first for Fleury if you have to

Holland is such a joke to let the team flounder like this while refusing to address gaping holes

Every single person with even a minor understanding of hockey knew the Oilers goaltending wasn't even close to good enough to start the year

Reactions: TopShelfGloveSide

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
I guess so?

When people make ridiculous and uneducated proposals I don't know how else to act

Fleury at half price will be worth a 3rd at the deadline. Not a lottery first. Sorry it's true

I love your name If that helps.

"Heavy D up in the limousine" Classic

Holland will get hosed, everyone knows how desperate he is

Deplorable Lenny

Mar 2, 2017
British Columbia
You would think so, but then you got guys like Reid Wilkins and Rob Brown saying it would cost a 1st + Broberg (they actually said this). Obviously that's nonsense, but peoples' valuation of Fleury is all over the map.
Omg are you serious.

They should both be fired for even putting that shit out there.

Goalies never fetch that much.

Maybe if hellybuck or vasi was available with a decent cap hit but not a 36 year old streaky goalie with an expiring contract that is a bit overpaid.

Neither one of those assets should even be in the convo.

With or without fleury. We are far from cup contenders so giving 1 or 2 top assets for him is asinine

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
Trade for a f***ing goalie already before McDavid and Drai walk

Give up the first for Fleury if you have to

Holland is such a joke to let the team flounder like this while refusing to address gaping holes

Every single person with even a minor understanding of hockey knew the Oilers goaltending wasn't even close to good enough to start the year

We should have insisted on Fleury if we take Keith. But then again this is Ken Holland. He thought Chicago did HIM a favor taking Keith's contract.

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
I guess so?

I love your name If that helps.

"Heavy D up in the limousine" Classic
Look what the Avs paid for Kuemper, a substandard goalie, then get back to me.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Look what the Avs paid for Kuemper, a substandard goalie, then get back to me.

Yes but who are the Oilers even bidding against here? Every team that needed a starting goalie got one except for this clown organization.

So their own incompetence may help them out.

If I'm Colorado I'm not spending another 1st for MAF after already spending one for Kuemper.

The bigger worry I would say is MAF refuses to waive because this looks like a tire fire.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I proposed this when the musings of trading McD first popped up…

To NYR: McDavid

To EDM: Zibby, Lafrenniere, Kakko

Get ready for a half empty arena. If McDavid goes and I'm Drai, I also ask out at the same time.

Your pretty little 1 billion valuation is also done Katz good luck even being valued at half that.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I don't hate it and I would take that for drai.

Mcdavid maybe add a 1st or two and I'd probably consider it tbh

You might. Katz and a very vocal part of the fan base will never accept it.

There will be billboards put up around town demanding help for McDavid, Katz' financial advisers will tell him no uncertain terms the value of the Oilers will tank.

This franchise and city for that matter are still haunted by the Gretzky trade (aka: the day time stood still in Edmonton). You will see people burning Oilers flags and jerseys on the street.

Buckle up because it will get ugggggggggggggggly.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Get ready for a half empty arena. If McDavid goes and I'm Drai, I also ask out at the same time.

Your pretty little 1 billion valuation is also done Katz good luck even being valued at half that.

I'm DONE with this organization, like "forever done" when the inevitable mcdavid trade request happens. I'm sure that I'm not alone in that either.

I'm literally the biggest oilers fan I know where I live, Saskatchewan. If I am done with this team, then I can't imagine what the more casual fans would do. Bob and Holland are both the very definition of incompetent, and are going to drive McDrai into trade demands. By not firing these two, Katz is costing himself hundreds of millions of dollars. Let that sink in, and then ask yourself: where is the REAL problem here? The answer is, and has always been, the ownership itself, and it's fixation on the old boys club.

Deplorable Lenny

Mar 2, 2017
British Columbia
You might. Katz and a very vocal part of the fan base will never accept it.

There will be billboards put up around town demanding help for McDavid, Katz' financial advisers will tell him no uncertain terms the value of the Oilers will tank.

This franchise and city for that matter are still haunted by the Gretzky trade (aka: the day time stood still in Edmonton). You will see people burning Oilers flags and jerseys on the street.

Buckle up because it will get ugggggggggggggggly.
I don't disagree with this at all.
.but that is the type of offer it would take to even listen

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I'm DONE with this organization, like "forever done" when the inevitable mcdavid trade request happens. I'm sure that I'm not alone in that either

Yep me too. If it ever comes to this I 100 percent will cheer for whoever McDavid goes to or Leon because he will want out too.

This team can take whatever magic beans they get and shove it up their ass, I will never ever forgive them for doing this and I will be glad to participate in things like group buys of billboards to shame this garbage org.

I know there will be people even more angry than me, get ready for a burning of Oilers merch in public by a large group of the fans, which will be unlike anything seen in pro sports to that level. This time the ire will be 100 percent pointed at the Oilers org.

Forget jersey tosses, you will see jerseys burn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad