Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Evander Kane, Come on Down?

Would You Take a Chance on Signing Evander Kane?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Including a poll with this one.

As I see it, if he can be had for cheap he will provide a lot of on ice impact and our team is wallowing already. If he can help us win some games that should boost morale even in the room if he may act like a douche nozzle. Look at a guy like Dennis Rodman back in the day. A truly strange bird, but the guy was a winner. He has to be looking at what Barrie did here and the contract that he got as a result of it and licking his chops IMO.

Reactions: yakcity1064

Rengorlex

Aug 25, 2021
I'd do a one year deal. This season is so close to being lost already so I don't mind taking a risk about a locker room cancer. He's a positive impact player on-ice and that's what the team desperately needs.

Court system and the league can judge if he's done something bad enough to be forbidden from participating.

DethOfDragnz

Sep 22, 2010
Edmonton, AB
Evander Kane is a good hockey player and would solve some of the Oilers scoring/lack of depth issues. However I am against the Oilers getting this player. Drama has always followed him and if it was just in his personal life that would be one thing, but the drama follows into his professional life. His lack of following rules and protocols, not listening to coaches other teammates or any authority. It seems everyone has a problem with this player and this would just cause tension and problems in the locker room. It's so sad to see a player like Kane that is so talented but his own ego and immaturity is going to ruin his chances at playing in the NHL something less then 1% of hockey players ever have the chance of doing. The guy is 30 years old if he hasn't grown up by now it is never going to happen.

tellermine

Oct 21, 2018
Köln, Helsinki, Lappeenranta
3milj for 2 years would be quite nice deal.
Surely there would be some text about covid etc., for Edmonton safety.

Kane is a damn good player. It is scary to think how good he might be if he would have avarage head on his shoulders.

But yes. At current situation why not?

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Kane has had plenty of “second chances”. He can get his next second chance elsewhere.

Doesn’t matter as he’s not coming here. Between the poor performance of the team in the past few weeks and the oppressive Canadian media there’s little chance in my mind he lands here, thank God.

Let him go to Vegas where the rest of the leagues malcontents wind up. Hope he destroys their chances.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Based on that press conference, I think Kane is signing here so I'm getting ready to see the majority of the fans here get horrified loll

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
No thanks on Kane he isn't getting a 2nd chance he's getting like his 6th chance or something. I'm fine with having "locker room issues" on the team but not domestic abusers.

Reactions: Metalwood

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
No thanks on Kane he isn't getting a 2nd chance he's getting like his 6th chance or something. I'm fine with having "locker room issues" on the team but not domestic abusers.

Do you even watch football? It might be the status quo.

Not defending him. But in the world of pro sports its not isolated.

Given a choice I pass on the player for a number of reasons but thats why I think he will land here.

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
Do you even watch football? It might be the status quo.

Not defending him. But in the world of pro sports its not isolated.

Given a choice I pass on the player for a number of reasons but thats why I think he will land here.
No but I would definitely not follow a team if they signed Antonio Brown or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad